Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: MATHYSSE TOOK A DIVE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 am 
Heavyweight

FunkyDog wrote:
there is something wrong with matthyse

He underestimated Manny......that's whats wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 am 
Cruiserweight

Suga Rye wrote:
So I'm not alone after all in thinking Mathysee took a dive.

I never bought these "fight was scripted" theories. But after watching Manny's fights and boxing in general for decades... I noticed their movements in this fight felt very different, especially for a championship fight. This almost reminded me of a heating sparring session.

No doubt, Manny is a far superior boxer than Mathysse. But did he really get hit that hard, and was so damaged to get knocked out in 7? Mathysse is a tough boxer who's used to absorbing pain.
Manny boxed against far lesser opponents, like David Diaz or Oscar Larios who ate a lot more damaging power shots, before they got knocked out. I think Oscar Larios even made it to the final bell.

I looked at all 3 KDs. The first was a decent connection at best. Manny hit plenty of other opponents harder than that, who still remained on their feet. The 2nd and 3rd KDs barely connected. You can see Lucas take a knee, then stand up on his feet without wobbling or anything. He didn't look exhausted or damaged at all afterwards. It was as if he was being told to go down as soon as he feels Manny's stinging blow, and stay down by the 3rd time.

Mathysse is nearing the end of his career and is prolly looking to retire comfortably.Plus the facts that Roach wasn't on board and the fight being in Malaysia... all this is really strange.

I repeatedly watched the slowmotioned video and realized the fight was not a fluke. Besides, Buboy explained that those upper cut shots and power shots were planned and perfected. In the slowmotioned video you can see how forceful Manny thrown the uppercut. And the feet of Mattyhsse's slightly levelled up from the ground due to the impact of the uppercut on the third round's knocked down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Gi huram huram ni Mommy Di.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 pm 
Middleweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

I never bought these "fight was scripted" theories. But after watching Manny's fights and boxing in general for decades... I noticed their movements in this fight felt very different, especially for a championship fight. This almost reminded me of a heating sparring session.

No doubt, Manny is a far superior boxer than Mathysse. But did he really get hit that hard, and was so damaged to get knocked out in 7? Mathysse is a tough boxer who's used to absorbing pain.
Manny boxed against far lesser opponents, like David Diaz or Oscar Larios who ate a lot more damaging power shots, before they got knocked out. I think Oscar Larios even made it to the final bell.

I looked at all 3 KDs. The first was a decent connection at best. Manny hit plenty of other opponents harder than that, who still remained on their feet. The 2nd and 3rd KDs barely connected. You can see Lucas take a knee, then stand up on his feet without wobbling or anything. He didn't look exhausted or damaged at all afterwards. It was as if he was being told to go down as soon as he feels Manny's stinging blow, and stay down by the 3rd time.

Mathysse is nearing the end of his career and is prolly looking to retire comfortably.Plus the facts that Roach wasn't on board and the fight being in Malaysia... all this is really strange.

I repeatedly watched the slowmotioned video and realized the fight was not a fluke. Besides, Buboy explained that those upper cut shots and power shots were planned and perfected. In the slowmotioned video you can see how forceful Manny thrown the uppercut. And the feet of Mattyhsse's slightly levelled up from the ground due to the impact of the uppercut on the third round's knocked down.

I don't know what elevation of feet you're talking about. There's a moment where Lucas' feet leave the ground, as he falls backwards. But this is nothing compared to the uppercut Pacquiao did to Lucero back in the days.

The 2nd knockdown was stranger. Pacquiao landed a shot, but Mathysse was easily able to move a few more steps and just decided to take a knee 10 sec before the round ends? Delayed reactions are common from body shots, but I've never seen it like this before... again, after the count he stands up and walks to his corner like it was nothing.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

The funny thing here is that, the ones who are saying that Matthysse took a "dive" are casual boxing fans or non-experts... So far, no expert nor pro boxers are being suspicious...

Even Bradley commented something about Pacquiao's punch mentioning that you have to take one to know how his punch feels like...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 pm 
Middleweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
The funny thing here is that, the ones who are saying that Matthysse took a "dive" are casual boxing fans or non-experts... So far, no expert nor pro boxers are being suspicious...

Even Bradley commented something about Pacquiao's punch mentioning that you have to take one to know how his punch feels like...

I'm far from casual and I box myself.
I don't take it as a fact, as I'm merely an observer. The only people who could say for sure is if from someone from the inside will blow a whistle. Until then, I will just this find this fight suspicious and weird.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 am 
Middleweight

Lucas took a dive maybe, maybe not. Most likely not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 am 
Heavyweight

Look at Mathysse's manager's face right after the fight.
He was close to crying.
He expected a big win.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 am 
Heavyweight

Suga Rye wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

I don't know what elevation of feet you're talking about. There's a moment where Lucas' feet leave the ground, as he falls backwards. But this is nothing compared to the uppercut Pacquiao did to Lucero back in the days.

The 2nd knockdown was stranger. Pacquiao landed a shot, but Mathysse was easily able to move a few more steps and just decided to take a knee 10 sec before the round ends? Delayed reactions are common from body shots, but I've never seen it like this before... again, after the count he stands up and walks to his corner like it was nothing.

Just watch the replay of the 2nd knockdown in slowmo. Before he got hit with the glancing blow, he was hit with a more solid shot. That rattled him, the next blow just made it worse, and he forgot the round was almost over. He dropped on his knee to survive in anticipation of more attacks. He got up with a sheepish look on his face because he made a mistake, the bell rang. He obviously is good at survival mode, just drop on your knee, spit out your mouthpiece hoping to take a breather just like Corrales.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Suga Rye wrote:
I'm far from casual and I box myself.
I don't take it as a fact, as I'm merely an observer. The only people who could say for sure is if from someone from the inside will blow a whistle. Until then, I will just this find this fight suspicious and weird.

Oh, that's good... At least there's some valid basis from your side... But again, we don't know how strong Pacquiao's punches are (unless you also took one)...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

I watched it on youtube where there is one commentator who also boxed/boxes.

The 2nd kd has reason behind it. He stated that before the right hook, manny connected 2-3 solid jabs then came tje right hook to the temple. It's effect is not that felt immedaitely thus the delayed reaction of mathysse.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm 
Heavyweight

dyey_em-si wrote:

The 2nd kd has reason behind it. He stated that before the right hook, manny connected 2-3 solid jabs then came tje right hook to the temple. It's effect is not that felt immedaitely thus the delayed reaction of mathysse.

Even Bradley (ESPN feed) and Algieri (International feed) reacted normally with the knockdown...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm 
Heavyweight

I don't think the champion will do that, it is only close to possible if he is just a challenger. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:32 pm 
Heavyweight

dyey_em-si wrote:

It was more like a solid right hit Lucas (not a jab). Lucas felt it, swiped his nose, Pac jabs, jabs again, and hits him with the one that made him drop to a knee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

Your kumpare can go **** himself....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next