Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:27 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Pac is not retiring.
Look for him to sign with Barry Hearn .
With Pac's tax problems in the US, he might just fight out his next 2 to 3 fights in the UK.

Would be nice to see Pacquiao fight in Europe, especially that Khan might be the next opponent...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

agree with this
simimik wrote:
Manny may fight Lomachenko first, and for last fight give Amir Khan a shot. British fans will readily give their money as audience.
I don't want him to fight Crawford, Americans are very difficult to lose in America. All US citizen boxers that fought Manny won the fights. Pacquiao-Bradley I & Pacquiao-Mayweather. Crawford, Spence, Thurman, and Mayweather are all Americans. They CANNOT be defeated in the US unless KO'd.

However, retirement should be the first priority now. He has proven everything.

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:45 pm 
Heavyweight

simimik wrote:
Manny may fight Lomachenko first, and for last fight give Amir Khan a shot. British fans will readily give their money as audience.
I don't want him to fight Crawford, Americans are very difficult to lose in America. All US citizen boxers that fought Manny won the fights. Pacquiao-Bradley I & Pacquiao-Mayweather. Crawford, Spence, Thurman, and Mayweather are all Americans. They CANNOT be defeated in the US unless KO'd.

I have confidence in Pacman beating hyped Crawford, I hope he eventually chooses Crawford. This will shut up the whole lot of critics, and almost all think Pacman will not win against Crawford. I'd love to hear what Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will predict, even JMM.

Once he beats Crawford, I can already predict these critics to say that Crawford never faced an elite welterweight fighter, the stage was too big for him, he got stagefright, lol.

Once he beats Loma, we already know what the critics will say.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 am 
Heavyweight

Pac.might never get a boxing license in the US again due to his heart condition .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:34 am 
Welterweight

MAG RERETIRE DAW SI PACMAN PAG PRESIDENTE NA SYA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 am 
Welterweight

Americans are very difficult to beat in America? :lol:

PAC would get destroyed by Crawford or Spence. It got nothing to do with the judges or US bias. PAC won’t last the 12 rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 am 
Welterweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
simimik wrote:

I have confidence in Pacman beating hyped Crawford, I hope he eventually chooses Crawford. This will shut up the whole lot of critics, and almost all think Pacman will not win against Crawford. I'd love to hear what Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will predict, even JMM.

Once he beats Crawford, I can already predict these critics to say that Crawford never faced an elite welterweight fighter, the stage was too big for him, he got stagefright, lol.

You are delusional. Please take a walk and smell the fresh air.

I understand you are a PAC fan....but no need for such foolish talk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 am 
Bantamweight

Subversive wrote:

My stand is that if Crawford, Spence, or Thurman knocked-out Pacquiao, then we have no problem. The only issue is that if it goes with scorecard.

As we can see Pacquiao got lost to Bradley and when an International Judges audited the fight they overturned the NSAC Judges' decision.

Another one was with Mayweather fight.
By the way, do you know what should score in boxing? Diba it should be THE PUNCHES and AGGRESSIVENESS? As someone on Youtube posted a slow-motion replay of the fight it depicted that it was Pacquiao who won at least Two Rounds. And as backup the whole world saw Pacquiao won the fight. In addition, even the caller of ESPN I believe he was a world champion (I forgot his name) said that Pacquiao won the fight in his eyes. The only persons inside the arena that saw the fight in favor to Mayweather were the THREE Judges and the Compubox guy! (and of course the Pro-Mayweather people).

Now, if you believe that Pacquiao won't win in KO against Crawford, Thurman and Spence I also believe that (due to age disparity). That's why I don't want him to fight them because the decision will fall again at the hands of American judges. (HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF, more so if the history maker is an American.)

And again if any of the three can KO Pacquiao then there will be no issue.

(What I love to see now is Pacquiao v. Lomachenko @139. The latter cannot hurt Pacquiao unlike the three welterweights.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:56 am 
Heavyweight

Subversive wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
simimik wrote:

It's not foolish nor delusional, IMHO. Let us just wait and see. Until Pacman shows up really shot, then I will agree he is shot.

People are using the Horn fight as a gauge, come on, that is the foolish perception. Pacman team did not do their job well, underestimated and dismissive of Horn inspite of Arum's warnings about Horn's size, and Pacman didn't dedicate himself but was just a part-time boxer. He thought he could get away with it like he did in his previous matches, where his B game beat those guys.

Crawford should thank Pacman as their fight showed the blueprint, just push Horn away and not allow him to wrestle, he's gone. Roach also proved to be slipping, not recognizing what Horn was doing for the full 12 rounds and what adjustments to make, especially with the ref not doing his job well too.

I guess it was smart for Pacman to leave Roach, time for a new strategist.

However, if Pacman goes back to being a part-time boxer, unlike in the Lucas fight where he was a part-time senator, then it's bye bye for him. So my opinion is dependent on the assumption that he will be a dedicated boxer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

Why did Pac's team even leak the info about his heart problem ?
It doesn't make sense.
Pac should fire the person who leaked it .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Does he really have a heart problem? Super endurance through the years with a heart problem?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Why did Pac's team even leak the info about his heart problem ?
It doesn't make sense.
Pac should fire the person who leaked it .

my theory here if he loses the fight then they have reason but he won. And so its better to release the news so to gain sympathy and awa.
just like what happened about the shoulder injury after Floyd fight.
ano kaya next news ?

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
Does he really have a heart problem? Super endurance through the years with a heart problem?

Hank Gathers, look him up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:

Hank Gathers, look him up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:55 pm 
Heavyweight

heart problem daw same case na agad..tukmol din tong taong to ..... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next