Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm 
Middleweight

Pacquiao diagnosed with 'inborn heart problem' days before Matthysse fight
source: https://www.philstar.com/sports/2018/07 ... ysse-fight

Dino Maragay (philstar.com) - July 19, 2018 - 5:47pm

MANILA, Philippines – The camp of Manny Pacquiao said the boxer underwent an emergency checkup just a week before his fight against Lucas Matthysse and was diagnosed to have an “inborn heart problem,” which affected him during training.

Pacquiao’s information officer Aquiles Zonio said Pacquiao was rushed to the Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital in Manila on July 8 — a day before he and his team left for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia — because of breathing problems during training sessions.

“Nobody knew about this — not even a single member of his training team or immediate members of his family,” Zonio said in an article he wrote for Philboxing.com.

“He didn’t want any member of his family to worry, the reason why he kept it to himself,” he added.

Pacquiao stopped Matthysse in the seventh round of their fight at the Axiata Arena last Sunday, knocking the defending champion thrice to become the new WBA welterweight titlist.

The Filipino icon, according to Zonio, pushed through with the fight despite being advised by his doctors to the contrary.

Zonio said Pacquiao underwent an angiogram — a medical procedure that involves the insertion of a catheter from the patient’s wrist to the heart to aid an x-ray examination of the arteries — which led to the discovery of a heart ailment.

Pacquiao was then subjected to an electrocardiogram (ECG) and even aced the test.

“I was required to run on a treadmill then an ECG was conducted. The result was quite amazing. The result showed that my heart rate and rhythm improve as my physical activity increases,” Pacquiao explained.

“The entire medical procedure was finished around 3 a.m. on July and at around 7 a.m., we flew back to General Santos. Those who were with me were saddened and crying. But I told them, don’t worry, I’ll be okay and I’ll do everything to win the fight,” he continued.
Zonio said Pacquiao decided not to notify his training team about his medical condition “to avoid demoralization.”

After dominating Matthysse for this 60th win, Pacquiao, who will turn 40 in December, said he intends to fight on and defend the title before the end of the year.

And so far, there are no signs that his latest medical status will affect his boxing plans.

PACMAN WENT THROUGH A PAINFUL MEDICAL PROCEDURE LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE HIS FIGHT
source: http://philboxing.com/news/story-137994.html
By Aquiles Z. Zonio
PhilBoxing.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2018

GENERAL SANTOS CITY – Manny Pacquiao went through an angiogram to determine whether he is suffering from any heart problem less than a week before his fight against Argentinian slugger Lucas Matthysse.

Unknown to many, Pacquiao was rushed to Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital in Manila around 3:00 p.m. on July 8 after he complained about difficulty in breathing several times during the duration of his preparation for the July 15 Matthysse fight.

Nobody knew about this – not even a single member of his training team or immediate members of his family.

He didn’t want any member of his family to worry, the reason why he kept it to himself.

Jinkee and their children travelled to Malaysia via Singapore a week ahead of Team Pacquiao.

An angiogram is a test used to detect heart problems.

During the procedure, a long and thin flexible tube called a catheter was inserted into Pacquiao’s wrist all the way up to his heart. A dye was injected and x-ray pictures were taken.

Based on medical information, the special dye allows the X-rays to capture pictures of coronary arteries and highlights where the clogs or narrowed spots may be located.

Pacquiao together with about four or five members of his inner circle accompanied him to Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital in Manila around 3:00 p.m. on July 8 to undergo an angiogram.

Team Pacquiao flew out to Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia, around 3:00 p.m. on July 9.

Pacquiao claimed that after the angiogram, the doctors told him he is suffering from an inborn hearth ailment and was even advised to call off the July 15 fight.

Pacquiao protested telling the attending doctors that the fight must go on no matter what happened. He was made to sign a waiver.

“I was required to run on a thread mill then an ECG was conducted. The result was quite amazing. The result showed that my heart rate and rhythm improve as my physical activity increases,” Pacquiao bared.

The electrocardiogram (ECG) is a diagnostic tool used to assess the electrical and muscular functions of the heart.

“The entire medical procedure was finished around 3:00 a.m. on July and at around 7:00 a.m., we flew back to General Santos. Those who were with me were saddened and crying. But I told them, don’t worry, I’ll be okay and I’ll do everything to win the fight,” Pacquiao claimed.

According to Pacquiao, he did not inform the members of his training team beforehand to avoid demoralization. Head trainer Buboy Fernandez learned about it only after Pacquiao’s visit to Cardinal Santos hospital.

“Buboy cried hard upon learning what happened. But I told him to stay strong and continue what he was doing. God will take care of the rest,” Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao did not train a day after arriving in Kuala Lumpur. Only the following day, a Wednesday, when he jogged around the Kuala Lumpur Botanical Garden then trained at the pop-up gym inside the Le Meridien Hotel.

Once again, Pacquiao showed his toughness and selflessness – risking his life to fulfill his mission which is to unite and make his countrymen proud and happy even momentarily.

Yet, there are some, particularly his critics and political detractors, who continue to bash and berate him despite his sacrifices and heroism.

Take for example the case of an ingrate Eric John Salut, publicist of a giant TV network, whose insolence and boorishness is beyond compare.

Salut knows nothing about the real Manny Pacquiao. His bravado is appalling as if he is a sage sitting on a mountain knowledge. This guy has done nothing to make this country proud?

Salut lived up to his name. He’s a pest, a disgrace to the TV network which earned millions of pesos out of Pacquiao’s toils and sacrifices.

Pacquiao’s Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) paid more than P20 million to ABS-CBN Sports & Action for the coverage of the league’s inaugural season tournament earlier this year.

Is this how an ABS-CBN publicist behave towards the network’s valued client?

If I were Pacquiao, I will direct my lawyer to terminate MPBL contract with ABS-CBN Sports & Action and find other TV network whose people knew the meaning of the word RESPECT.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 am 
Cruiserweight

How is this going to impact on his future fights?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am 
Heavyweight

he will be required to sign waiver.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:48 am 
Middleweight

I heart you Manny... :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm 
Heavyweight

ce it was present since he was born and on top of the ring with more than 60 pro fight. I see no problem for him to contnue to fight.

mag pa second opinion siya sa Kilalang doctor sa labas. money is not a problem for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm 
Heavyweight

As long as he is winning. The heart issue is not an issue. Some PAC team members are wasting their tears over nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm 
Heavyweight

matagal ng may heart problem si Pac. tingin ko, nanigurado lang na may pang-alibi kung sakaling natalo siya :lol: hehehe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

Agree matagal ng may heartbproblem si idol. Di ba nagkaproblema siya sa puso kina valerie concepcion, ara mina, krista ranilo atbp :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Well, he himself said more activity made his heart bet better. So I guess he is like Roach, musn't stop with physical activity to arrest their illnesses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Basta my redwine palagi after meals no problem with the heart :lol:

Bahalina a poor man redwine :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm 
Heavyweight

What is the actual diagnosis?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 pm 
Heavyweight

No problem nga exercise lang ang kailangan at redwine para sa blood flow sa heart :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 pm 
Featherweight

Ischemic heart disease is not inborn. If it was inborn, his previous ECGs would show significant findings.
According to one user in this thread, http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288911&start=45 , it must have been one of his brothers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Almost fake news. He did sign a waiver, but it was a different kind from what most people think. Argh, shoot the reporter, and he is Pacman's man. Maybe just trying to get some publicity, but I don't get what for.