Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 am 
Featherweight

On his Facebook account, Manny stated that he should be the only person to contact to in regard to his future fight/s. Would that mean Bossing Arum is already excluded as his promoter?

As stated, "I, through MP Promotions, will be handling any and all negotiations for my next fight. Nobody is authorized to speak on my behalf. You know my number, call me."

Though Bob said that he will talk to Pacquiao regarding the latter's fight next week, I believe Bob will speak only to him as the promoter of Lomachenko. Because it hinted Pacquiao is 100% no longer connected with Arum.

(As we remember, Bob Arum was a detractor in Pacquiao-Mathysee fight.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao might be wanting an opponent outside TR... He wants Khan I think, he knows it can make more $$$ than fighting the likes of Alvarado...

Khan and Broner might be the next 2 opponents... And I won't be surprised if Horn will be in the mix sometime in the future...

Hopefully Pacquiao will also consider Zab Judah, Andre Berto, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, DeMarcus Corley and Vivian Harris...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:22 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Pacquiao might be wanting an opponent outside TR... He wants Khan I think, he knows it can make more $$$ than fighting the likes of Alvarado...

Khan and Broner might be the next 2 opponents... And I won't be surprised if Horn will be in the mix sometime in the future...

Hopefully Pacquiao will also consider Zab Judah, Andre Berto, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, DeMarcus Corley and Vivian Harris...

Zab or Corley? Lol
Ortiz and Alexander?
Those are meaningless fights.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:47 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Zab or Corley? Lol
Ortiz and Alexander?

Yeah... If he wants to continue fighting, he should pick those guys since they're former world champions instead of picking unheralded boxers... But they should just be for his version of tune-up fights... I mean, before taking on bigger fights like Khan or Broner fights...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Zab or Corley? Lol
Ortiz and Alexander?

Yeah... If he wants to continue fighting, he should pick those guys since they're former world champions instead of picking unheralded boxers... But they should just be for his version of tune-up fights... I mean, before taking on bigger fights like Khan or Broner fights...

Yayayayayayayaya...

what the hell happened to Matthysse? you said he was gonna KO Pacman...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 am 
Middleweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:

Dude it's 2018. Corley? Judah? LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:33 am 
Heavyweight

boybalbas wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:

LOL indeed. No more tune-ups, Lucas was the tune-up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:12 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:

I don't know if this guy being sarcastic or what. Vivian Harris? LOL! That guy hasn't been relevant since Carlos Maussa knocked him out. LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y it is deeeee aaaaaah time por boss Manny to aaaaaaah declare he is running por president in 2022 a-l-s-o. Deee aaaah earliest deee aaaah better to inporm in adbance deee aaaaah people in order to aaaaaah gather a landslide KO bictory. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:20 pm 
Heavyweight

boybalbas wrote:

seanee wrote:
I don't know if this guy being sarcastic or what. Vivian Harris? LOL! That guy hasn't been relevant since Carlos Maussa knocked him out. LOL!

TBH, Corley and Harris are exaggeration because they just had a rematch last weekend... :lol: :lol: :lol:

About Judah, I think he can be a good tuneup opponent for a bigger fight... If Khan fight pushes through this December and Pacquiao struggles, he can be a good next opponent if Pacquiao continue fighting...

gritsteel2 wrote:
LOL indeed. No more tune-ups, Lucas was the tune-up.

Pacquiao needs a better tuneup before a big fight (e.g. Garcia-Porter winner, Crawford, Thurman, Spence)... Matthysse did nothing...