Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

the knockdown really made the difference. a brutal fight which i hope not to see a rematch anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
the knockdown really made the difference. a brutal fight which i hope not to see a rematch anymore.

how much powershits did jeff horn did??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

Horn landed 92 punches jabs and power shots. while 190+ punches from pacman.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
Horn landed 92 punches jabs and power shots. while 190+ punches from pacman.

Yet Pacman still won this fight?

What was last time Pacquiao had more than 192 power shots? Was it Mayweather or Margaroto?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

halatang naluto sa australia.. horn connected 92 punches overall while pacman connected 180+

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
halatang naluto sa australia.. horn connected 92 punches overall while pacman connected 180+

I understand a bit however can we try to find the last opponent that connected more?

Those 192 make look Pacquoai drained after the mid rounds, seem like he got a second wind after the ninth plus the body shot

Was it Marquez who last connected that much?

I don't remember Manny going deep this late of age and his recent fights, the last one was Horn but not like other fights when he fought Morales and Barrera, those were WAR

Who was the last opponent that connected more than 192 hard shots?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Horn's "power shots " were mostly taps.
Just because they were not jabs, it doesn't really mean they were hard shots.
Pac took more beating in the third Marquez fight.
Pac did get nailed with a few rights.
Pac needs to stop sitting still to land the counter rights over jabs imo.
He did much better when he kept turning Thurman to the right.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

but these kinds of fights against these welterweights in their prime are really dangerous pacman is 40 yrs of age. i would rather see Pacquiao takes on Mickey Garica at 140. and not against crawford or Spence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:56 pm 
Lightweight

pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
dynamosparks wrote:

I understand a bit however can we try to find the last opponent that connected more?

Those 192 make look Pacquoai drained after the mid rounds, seem like he got a second wind after the ninth plus the body shot

I don't remember Manny going deep this late of age and his recent fights, the last one was Horn but not like other fights when he fought Morales and Barrera, those were WAR

I believe this fight is the one that has the highest Powershot that Pacman absorbed. If not, then, it should be either the Morales 1, Marquez 2, or Marquez 3. I salute Thurman for giving Pacman a good fight!

Manny definitely should retire. He has lost the legendary stamina he enjoyed before.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

simimik wrote:
dynamosparks wrote:

I believe this fight is the one that has the highest Powershot that Pacman absorbed. If not, then, it should be either the Morales 1, Marquez 2, or Marquez 3. I salute Thurman for giving Pacman a good fight!

Manny definitely should retire. He has lost the legendary stamina he enjoyed before.

Or he can adjust and use the techniques that Mayweather have done at a late age? I am not sure if that has anything to do with stamina???

This is a pretty easy strategy to see as well. I have read a lot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 pm 
Lightweight

simimik wrote:
dynamosparks wrote:

Or he can adjust and use the techniques that Mayweather have done at a late age? I am not sure if that has anything to do with stamina???

This is a pretty easy strategy to see as well. I have read a lot

Tama. Pwede niya ring gayahin ang istayl ni Mayweather na maging "passive defensive tactician" para maprolong pa ang karir niya. Kaya lang manghihinayang ang mga fans dahil kilala nila si Manny bilang "attack puncher/fighter".

Pero nakadepende lahat ang desisyon sa kanya.

Isa lang akong tagahanga na nagmamalasakit sa kalusugan ng ating "Pambansang Kamao"! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:26 pm 
Heavyweight

While watching the fight, I was worried as Pacman was allowing Thurman to hit him with those many rights. Luckily he has a strong chin. Of course, he will say it felt like he was fighting Margarito at the post-fight conference, as Thurman was doing it without any head movement or blocks from Pacman. Those rights were not jabs, Pacman needs to work on his fading reflexes.

But I hope that Buboy and Roach are not blind to that, and will work on it more in the next fight. Pacman doesn't really need to train much for the other shots, he should just concentrate training on avoiding or blocking rights.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

basagan ng mukha at one point napa atras c manny.. a bit similar to pacquiao morales, pacquiao marquez, bit his opponent hit as hard as margarito.