Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:58 am 
Bantamweight

My fellow boxing fans, i believe there is no need for excuses or justifications on Manny Pacquiao's side. We all saw what happened and surely it was a super fight. It was a draw and i am sorry he did not get the decision but then again, he has proven his toughness and his great heart. Juan Manuel Marquez is the superior strategist but we all saw that Manny Pacquiao is the stonger fighter. After watching the fight, i have to agree with the draw decision although i do not agree with the 115-110 score for either fighter, shouldve been a closer score. We should be proud of Manny for his showing against a superior counter puncher and a true boxing scientist. Manny is young and will continue to grow. No excuses it was a draw, but mind you my friends, next time around we all know who will win. The fact that Manny's fist was injured (which is part of the game and is not an excuse) then we know that next time around they meet, Juan Manuel Marquez will see a much stronger fighter, as I believe he already knows thats why he is not looking forward to a rematch. No excuses for Manny, but he fought a very good fight and at the same time, no excuses for Juan, just as Larry Merchant has been telling Emmanuel Steward that JMM's knockdowns in the first round made the drama of the fight as Steward keeps on saying that it wouldve been a different fight if not for JMM's knockdowns in the first round. It made me realize how come Manny wasnt able to finish Marquez with 33 seconds to go after his last knockdown, so I know that Manny, in the rematch will be a stronger, hungrier and better fighter. Just a thought my friends, and think about it too, watch the fight again and you will understand that it is a good draw match but not good scoring. THANKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:26 am 
Flyweight

agree 110% no excuses because its a mission accomplished for pac, hes the winner of the bout. in fairness to jmm, hes a good fighter too but beaten early by a raging pac. this fight experience will only make pac a much better fighter. can't wait for the rematch so that pac could permanently shut the mouth of JMM nuthuggers. jmm survived the fight, got a controversial draw and yet his camp is saying their fighter is better. what more if they have won the fight. on other forums, those crap rejoiced as if jmm demolished pac wherein its the other way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:34 am 
Lightweight

very well said, Manny will Strike Back, see u in the rematch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 pm 
Heavyweight

when mathysse knocked out manny

i just wish his team will not make excuses why he lost the fight

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

mod pls ban si torni, puro hukay ginawa..

:lol: :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:21 pm 
Heavyweight

theboxer69 wrote:
mod pls ban si torni, puro hukay ginawa..

:lol: :shock: :lol:

hapapin mo nga sa forum rules kung bawal maghukay?

lokong to, porke't nganga ang heat mo dito ka nagkakalat :biglaugh: