Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

After watching some replays of Shane's previous fights against Ricardo Mayorga, Miguel Cotto, Fernando Vargas and his 2 classic bouts against Winky Wright. Im quite sure Shane will slow down in the middle rounds in his upcoming bout against PBF. Shane has always been a strong starter fighting toe to toe within the first 2-3 rounds. These 2-3 rounds will be crucial if he wants to win against PBF. PBF has always been a very cautious fighter he doesn't care if he bores you to death within 5 or more rounds. PBF's style has always been defense, timing, and patience. He can adapt easily with whatever style you bring in the ring. He's maybe one of the most disciplined fighter in the sport today (a gym rat). Shane might steal the first 3 rounds but after PBF makes some adjustments and Shane started to gas-out then its game-over for Shane even if he comes out strong in the final 2 rounds.

The key for Mosley to win this fight is throw many jabs and body punches, make sure to steal the 1st few rounds, make the middle rounds looks even and comes out strong in the last few rounds. If Shane throws and miss a lot punches trying to catch Floyd's chin then Floyd would just easily catch Shane with his accurate counter-punches. The same tactic that was used by Pacquiao against Clottey won't do much damage against PBF. Clottey is more of a stationary shield whom you can bang to the body while Floyd uses upperbody movements, shoulder roll defense, and he has lateral movements.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

yeah ? so ? 8)

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
After watching some replays of Shane's previous fights against Ricardo Mayorga, Miguel Cotto, Fernando Vargas and his 2 classic bouts against Winky Wright. Im quite sure Shane will slow down in the middle rounds in his upcoming bout against PBF. Shane has always been a strong starter fighting toe to toe within the first 2-3 rounds. These 2-3 rounds will be crucial if he wants to win against PBF. PBF has always been a very cautious fighter he doesn't care if he bores you to death within 5 or more rounds. PBF's style has always been defense, timing, and patience. He can adapt easily with whatever style you bring in the ring. He's maybe one of the most disciplined fighter in the sport today (a gym rat). Shane might steal the first 3 rounds but after PBF makes some adjustments and Shane started to gas-out then its game-over for Shane even if he comes out strong in the final 2 rounds.

The key for Mosley to win this fight is throw many jabs and body punches, make sure to steal the 1st few rounds, make the middle rounds looks even and comes out strong in the last few rounds. If Shane throws and miss a lot punches trying to catch Floyd's chin then Floyd would just easily catch Shane with his accurate counter-punches. The same tactic that was used by Pacquiao against Clottey won't do much damage against PBF. Clottey is more of a stationary shield whom you can bang to the body while Floyd uses upperbody movements, shoulder roll defense, and he has lateral movements.

Mosley should ko PBF 'cause the judges will favor Floyd on the score cards no matter what.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Jab hasn't been a strong facet in Shane's armory. As the fight wears on, he tends to get impatient and paws lazily with it as a precursor to his left hooks and right crosses. I don't know if he could make sudden improvements against a slick mover overnight. There's a strong possibility he'll slow down in the second half after endlessly chasing an elusive target. More than a couple of years ago, Shane was puffing and clinching mid rounds when Cotto applied constant boxing strategies and movements. What more against a fleet-footed technician who wouldn't engage? Best chance for Mosley is to land one or a couple of solid shots in the early rounds enough to disorient Floyd, with hopes of dramatically changing the complexion of the game. Or in the form of intense pressure for as long as his legs can keep up with the pace. If he won't make a gamble early on, i give him a slim chance of taking over in the second half. Let's not drool too much about his performance against Margarito because Shane didn't expend much energy pouring on a slow, marauding target.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

he should go to the inside and never to stay out coz if does then he'll be eating jabs all night.

go for a mid rounds ko prolly by R7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:48 pm 
Cruiserweight

Mosley still has a chance to win via decision since he's the title holder in this fight not PBF. How many times have we seen Floyd gets hit by a single or couple of solid shots against (Corley, Judah, Castillo,Delahoya etc.) but he still managed to apply his tactics and wins a fight without getting too much damage. Let's just hope Shane and Nazim will execute a perfect gameplan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm 
Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
Mosley still has a chance to win via decision since he's the title holder in this fight not PBF. How many times have we seen Floyd gets hit by a single or couple of solid shots against (Corley, Judah, Castillo,Delahoya etc.) but he still managed to apply his tactics and wins a fight without getting too much damage. Let's just hope Shane and Nazim will execute a perfect gameplan.

Dela Hoya has precise jabs to start with that's why he was able to drive Floyd against the ropes,then,worked hard to the body. It was more of a long term plan to take away Floyd's energy bit by bit. Everything was going well until Oscar abandoned his jabs but i don't recall him connecting flush to the chin in the first six rounds. Instead,it was Oscar who gassed out later. Corley hit Floyd too often in spurts and like Judah, they were not able to capitalize ön it. Shane's killer instinct separates him from the two. He has the natural ability to pounce on a given opportunity once he catches someone clean. I think he's got better speed and punch combination. Still, he's got to make a great deal of damage in the first few rounds because Floyd is younger and has more consistent stamina down the stretch. I believe though that Shane is capable of pulling a Castillo-like pressure as soon as the first bell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 pm 
Middleweight

Gas out? If you're basing that opinion off those three fights in particular, that's crazy. Shane is notorious for finishing strong. In all three of those fights, Shane turned it up AFTER round 5. Vargas got stopped twice in the 6th and 10th, Mayorga in the last seconds of the 12th and the Cotto fight was only close because Shane started winning rounds at the midway point. I agree with you in that Shane needs to go to the body, but jabbing has never been his thing (which is really the main thing a fighter would need against Floyd). Shane just uses his left hand to kind of paw at his opponent and distract them before unleashing his overhand right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm 
Heavyweight

not the same tough Mosley that won over ODLH though maybe he still have something to show the world

good luck Shane...

floydie will surely run all night long to tire you out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 pm 
Middleweight

AS FAR AS STYLES GO the only way mosley will get tired is mayweather gets mosley tired by him missing as he is throwing pucnhes.but mosley is pretty accurate.the difference is in their styles mayweather a counter puncher he doesnt really exchange and he conserves his energy towards the later rounds as for mosley if he pressures mayweather early and jab and sticks and moves to the body early rds/then mayweather punches will have no effect on mosley later.because mayweather does not have power.he has speed and his power only comes from his counter..offensively he has no power.offensively he has speed.thats why the dude has 26 k.o percentile.as for mosley i think he has 46 wins by 39 k.o's in his percentile.we all know mosley has the speed and the power.but its how he will use it against mayweather.when dela hoya fought mayweather the fight was already pretty close some say dela hoya even won.some said mayweather won.i thought mayweather won by a ugly ugly win but yea he won.what my say is shane mosley is better then dela hoya/theres a small chance we will see a knockout.and the knockout could come from mosley but i highly doubt it.as much as i want shane to win.i think mosley might win by split decision the fight will be so freakin close that what mayweather said on hbo 24/7 on the first episode already stating a rematch will happen.therefore for mayweather it will generate alot of money in ppv sales and in revenue.so don't be surprised if we see a mayweather mosley 2.b4 we get to see manny vs floyd.i think floyd will be the one to retire mosley..and mosley knows this...so we will see a very close competitive fight some might say boring but for this fight i know this will be mayweather toughest fight in the welterweight division since he ducked alot of the elite top welterweights in the division.my only concerend is mosley 18 month layoff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm 
Middleweight

i meant to say floyd mayweather win by split decision,....sorry guys didnt proof read what i wrote till after i posted..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Shane should go for the kill within the first 6 rounds but he should not throw his punches carelessly.His punches should be precise esp.when Floyd is retreating or leaning on the ropes.
It's difficult to hit Floyd with just two successive jabs with his agile eyes.Mosley's jabs should be rapid and successive to confuse Floyd then follow it up with speedy right straights aimed at Jr.'s face.But he should be careful while attacking 'cause Floyd is also a good counter puncher and throws powerful combinations once he evades his opponent's blows.
Besides his attacks in the first 6 rounds,he should pace himself and outpunch Floyd clearly to impress the judges and aim for the ko once the chances come.Floyd has such a strong aura to the judges as proven in the Castillo 1 and ODLH bouts.
If he has still the strength and stamina in the last 6 rounds,he should continue his attacks and score decisive punches on Floyd who will run and backpedalls and try again for the ko once he hits Floyd with 2 or 3 powerful shots.It will be tough for the judges to cheat in favor of Floyd once the audience witnessed that Shane clearly outpointed Jr.in case he failed to ko him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 pm 
Middleweight

Believe me..Shane Mosley will have a greater chance of beating the fast talking Gayweather. He prepared on this.

visit for more updates:

http://pacquiao-vs-mayweather.zxq.net/