Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 am 
Cruiserweight

As one of the old-time member, I just can't help but heap a sigh when Boss Shiva launched and repackaged our universe called Pacland to Pinoygreats. Much as we welcome the transition and the new name, a number of Pacfans were furious, irate, and were even vocal about their distaste on the issue that someone's "threatening" our own unassuming webmaster Dong Secuya for their own ulterior gain- though hiding behind that transparent cloak of "serving Manny's best interest! Though each of us could have hand our kick to this low-life if given the opportunity, we should take the high road the same as what Dong did. Instead of exercising his legal rights which I think he has a chance, but Boss Shiva opted and took the high ground instead. Though Manny Pacquiao is considered as the single unifying force that unites Filipinos all around the glove, it is Pacland that provides a fertile ground and unique avenue for all of us to congregate, share ideas, and interact with fellow members. I think Manny won't be this big without the help of Pacland as I witnessed since the very beginning how I opened this site before, during, and after a Pacman fight. I'm sure filipinos and foreigners do so as well and without the magnifying effect that this website gives, Pacquiao's popularity won't reach this high. Much as the other camp is not really after the site mannypacquiao.ph but going for the hits, I believe that it is not Pacland but it is the spirit that binds us all and made us at home that counts most. Though it surely still brings hurt leaving the original site, to welcome and look forward on our new home-Pinoygreats.com- is the right step to do. There is no need to engage in mudslinging and war of words for it will just drag us all down. I just hope that Manny will do his part- to prove once again that he is not dividing this nation but instead unify us all once again and straighten out this mess. in the meantime, let us sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. The spirit of Pacland is here to stay!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm 
Lightweight

dale101 wrote:
As one of the old-time member, I just can't help but heap a sigh when Boss Shiva launched and repackaged our universe called Pacland to Pinoygreats. Much as we welcome the transition and the new name, a number of Pacfans were furious, irate, and were even vocal about their distaste on the issue that someone's "threatening" our own unassuming webmaster Dong Secuya for their own ulterior gain- though hiding behind that transparent cloak of "serving Manny's best interest! Though each of us could have hand our kick to this low-life if given the opportunity, we should take the high road the same as what Dong did. Instead of exercising his legal rights which I think he has a chance, but Boss Shiva opted and took the high ground instead. Though Manny Pacquiao is considered as the single unifying force that unites Filipinos all around the glove, it is Pacland that provides a fertile ground and unique avenue for all of us to congregate, share ideas, and interact with fellow members. I think Manny won't be this big without the help of Pacland as I witnessed since the very beginning how I opened this site before, during, and after a Pacman fight. I'm sure filipinos and foreigners do so as well and without the magnifying effect that this website gives, Pacquiao's popularity won't reach this high. Much as the other camp is not really after the site mannypacquiao.ph but going for the hits, I believe that it is not Pacland but it is the spirit that binds us all and made us at home that counts most. Though it surely still brings hurt leaving the original site, to welcome and look forward on our new home-Pinoygreats.com- is the right step to do. There is no need to engage in mudslinging and war of words for it will just drag us all down. I just hope that Manny will do his part- to prove once again that he is not dividing this nation but instead unify us all once again and straighten out this mess. in the meantime, let us sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. The spirit of Pacland is here to stay!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 pm 
Welterweight

.,.may the spirit be w/ us.,.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm 
Heavyweight

from an old timer to a fellow old timer

:combo: :drinking: :celebrate: :toast:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

rbm115 wrote:
from an old timer to a fellow old timer

:combo: :drinking: :celebrate: :toast:

Yeah Bro. I almost never missed a day without visiting Pacland but I never posted until this time that a Johnny-come-lately and Pacquiao-servant-wannabe threatens this site. Much as I want Pacland to stay Pacland, I'm with Boss Shiva- whateer it is inoygreats or Pacland coz I know the Pacland spirit is here to stay!

P.S. So sorry for the typo error, medyo nagmamadali lang last night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

I agree with everything

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

Dong Secuya could easily win in court. He owns the domain name and Pac has no right shutting it down (of course he did not, just saying). The only thing Dong cant do is to call this site "Official Manny Pacquiao" page. My assumption is Shiva, out of respect for Pac, decided to just change the domain name but he owns mannypacquiao.ph unless someone purchase it from him. If Pac wants to consolidate his web presence, no other person is more qualified than our own Shiva. Pacland all the way!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 am 
Heavyweight

:bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:27 am 
Heavyweight

:toast:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:33 am 
Flyweight

:peace: :peace: AIWA