Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Hindi daw marunong mag-tagalog. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Kelangan ata nya ng malupit na "support" pipol...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:02 pm 
Featherweight

Dapat nuon pa naging Pinoy si Bruce sobra sobra na stay niya para maging citizen.Napakaarte ng Pinas kala mo switzerland na ubud na tayug para hindi maging citizen ( nagtatanim naman ng bala mga tulisan sa airport at puro magnanakaw naman politiko)ang matagal ng nakatira at matagal ng nagbabayad ng tax.Nakakahiya ngayun ang Pilipinas sa buong mundo.Sagad hanggang buto kahihiyan ng dahil sa airport.Mga Aviation police na naka rolex na nagkakahalaga ng Million pesos.Pambihira.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:31 pm 
Welterweight

malem50 wrote:
History and Facts Surrounding Bruce McTavish Application to become Filipino Citizens:

Boxing referee and philanthropist Bruce McTavish sometimes wishes he’s a 6-10 basketball player who looks like either Andray Blatche or Marcus Douthit. Unfortunately, he’s not and that’s why it’s taking nearly forever for him to be naturalized as a Filipino citizen.
McTavish, 74, has been a Philippine resident since Feb. 12, 1967 – exactly, 48 years ago to the day. He’s been married 37 years to Filipina Carmen Tayag who comes from a well-known family in Pampanga. His wife’s father Renato was a brilliant lawyer and his brother-in-law is Claude Tayag, the internationally-acclaimed chef.
Believe it or not, McTavish has been desperately trying to gain Filipino citizenship for years – quite a departure from the norm as hundreds, if not thousands, of Filipinos can’t wait to become citizens of other countries. But he just can’t seem to get Congress to approve it.
In 2010, Rep. Carmelo Lazatin filed House Bill No. 1445 endorsing McTavish’s application for citizenship by naturalization through legislation. The bill was referred to the Committee on Justice which later approved it with amendments. Somehow, McTavish never got to be naturalized and a new Congress was elected.
Last year, Rep. Yeng Guiao filed House Bill No. 2343 re-endorsing McTavish’s re-application. McTavish’s application was submitted to the Committee on Justice on the same day that Blatche’s case was taken up. Since McTavish’s first application, Douthit and Blatche have been naturalized. McTavish remains a foreigner in the country that has been his home for close to 50 years.
“I don’t mean to put down Douthit or Blatche,” said McTavish. “I’m a big fan of basketball and I’m a fan of both Douthit and Blatche. But do I have to be a 6-10 basketball player to be naturalized?” McTavish, by the way, was an amateur boxer and basketball player in New Zealand, where he was born. He compiled an amateur record of 31-2 before hanging up his gloves to earn an economics degree from Auckland University. Douthit and Blatche were naturalized within months of their application.
McTavish said Guiao phoned last week to explain what’s taking the naturalization process so long. “Yeng’s a dear friend from way back,” said McTavish. “I knew his late father Bren. I know Yeng is doing his best and he’s been very helpful. I think Pampanga is fortunate that we have a Congressman like Yeng. He told me the reason why my application hasn’t been acted on is because of a backlog. Apparently, there were others who applied before me and their papers are still being processed.”
McTavish said while he still carries a New Zealand passport, people around the world recognize him as a Filipino. When he lectures on the rules of boxing in world conventions, McTavish is introduced as a Filipino. When he is nominated to work a fight involving a Filipino, he is not considered as coming from a “neutral” country because he is known as a Filipino. As far as McTavish is concerned, his heart is pure Filipino. The only thing missing is his Filipino passport.
At the 105th Rotary International Convention in Sydney last year, McTavish was introduced before an audience of over 18,000 as a Rotarian from the Philippines, not from New Zealand. “I was so proud to represent the Philippines in the convention,” he said. “My Rotary Club of Mabalacat was recognized during the convention for launching the world’s first Polio Plus project in 1983, our campaign to fight polio. Today, polio has been eradicated in 99.6 percent of the world and it all began with our Polio Plus project.”
As I mentioned in a previous column, McTavish has lived the best years of his life in the country with absolutely no regrets. He has embraced the Philippines like a native-born Filipino and that’s why he’s yearning for naturalization. McTavish has given much honor to the country not only as a boxing referee with over 150 world title fights in his resume but also as an advocate of social causes. He’s also in the history books as the first non-Filipino director of the Metro Angeles Chamber of Commerce, the first non-Filipino president of the St. James Cursillo and the first non-Filipino president of the Rotary Clubs of Mabalacat and Clark Centennial. McTavish is particularly proud of his projects for streetkids, providing scholarships for their education and opportunities to play competitive sports. He has been involved in promoting rugby league and Pony baseball competitions for children as his way of using sports to keep kids out of drugs, trouble and mischief.
More than his boxing credentials, McTavish is well-loved in Angeles City for his philanthropy and social projects to look after streetchildren, the underprivileged and orphans. McTavish and his wife Carmen are blessed with two children, Jean and Michelle, and three grandchildren. His son-in-law is triathlete Michael Angelo Mandap.

thank you for the deeper info. ang mga walanghiya. mas pusong pilipino pa pala to si bruce. TINT! (t.ina.nyo.talaga!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 pm 
Welterweight

NonBiasBoxingAnalist wrote:
Dapat nuon pa naging Pinoy si Bruce sobra sobra na stay niya para maging citizen.Napakaarte ng Pinas kala mo switzerland na ubud na tayug para hindi maging citizen ( nagtatanim naman ng bala mga tulisan sa airport at puro magnanakaw naman politiko)ang matagal ng nakatira at matagal ng nagbabayad ng tax.Nakakahiya ngayun ang Pilipinas sa buong mundo.Sagad hanggang buto kahihiyan ng dahil sa airport.Mga Aviation police na naka rolex na nagkakahalaga ng Million pesos.Pambihira.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm 
Welterweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Kelangan ata nya ng malupit na "support" pipol...

tama, before its too late. we have a lot of utang na loob sa taong ito. grabbeeeee! tint!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 pm 
Welterweight

bugoyparin wrote:
to be clear lang po... kahit milyon milyon pa ipamudmud mo sa immigration officer... di ka mabibigyan nyan ng original at official citizenship... bigyan ka nyan ng peke o kaya illegally obtained citizenship...

By Naturalization according to the Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines is the judicial act of adopting a foreigner and clothing him with the privileges of a native-born citizen.

korte o kongreso lang po ang pwede...

wow! parang kagalang galang mga binanggit na government agencies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 pm 
Heavyweight

hatapanghatao wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
to be clear lang po... kahit milyon milyon pa ipamudmud mo sa immigration officer... di ka mabibigyan nyan ng original at official citizenship... bigyan ka nyan ng peke o kaya illegally obtained citizenship...

By Naturalization according to the Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines is the judicial act of adopting a foreigner and clothing him with the privileges of a native-born citizen.

legally it should be... but the corruption is a two way street...

when someone received under the table, someone also handed it under...

and vice versa...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm 
Heavyweight

mas madali na kung sa court nya idaan ang process opf naturalization
major reqts are
nakatira sa pinas for at least 1 years
may kontribusyon sa kanyang komunidad
nag aaral mga anak sa recognized phil educational system kung saan tinuturo phil culture and values

kung sa kongreso, parang ordinaryong pagpasa ng batas yan
me mag iisponsor ng kanyang naturalization
dadaan ng 3 readings both sa lower and upper house
debateng katakot takot para maipasa ang petisyon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:42 am 
Middleweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
major reqts are
nag aaral mga anak sa recognized phil educational system kung saan tinuturo phil culture and values

o, di ba masyadong lampas na mga qualifications ni Bruce para dito?
almost half a century residence, mga anak nag masters degree na, dami nyang charitable works ginawa so ano pa ang kailangan, 24k watch o 70K?

i don't really trust the daang matuwad na yan. si de lima iba ang ginawa sa justice, ang pulis palpak ang operasyon, si mar political agenda ang pag handle sa Yolanda, ang BOC (Bulok na Opisina para Comisyon), ang NAIA (Noynoy Airport of Inconvenience and Anomalies), PNP (Pulis Ni Pnoy) na nagbebenta ng AK47 sa NPA, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:57 am 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
major reqts are

dapat pala sa court na pinadaan ni Bruce ang kanyang application... :) :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Di na ba nya pwedeng i-daan na sa korte ngayon?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 pm 
Welterweight

mangingisda wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:
major reqts are

o, di ba masyadong lampas na mga qualifications ni Bruce para dito?
almost half a century residence, mga anak nag masters degree na, dami nyang charitable works ginawa so ano pa ang kailangan, 24k watch o 70K?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i don't really trust the daang matuwad na yan. si de lima iba ang ginawa sa justice, ang pulis palpak ang operasyon, si mar political agenda ang pag handle sa Yolanda, ang BOC (Bulok na Opisina para Comisyon), ang NAIA (Noynoy Airport of Inconvenience and Anomalies), PNP (Pulis Ni Pnoy) na nagbebenta ng AK47 sa NPA, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:35 pm 
Welterweight

simple lang naman dapat 'to. isang pirma lang 'to. isang napakalaking kahihiyan sa bansa natin kung (wag naman sana) mawala si bruce at di nabigyan ng citizenship man lang. what's the bid deal anyway regarding filipino citizenship. if every one single filipino will have the choice to be a citizen of europe or america, no inhabitants will be found in this country i don't give a **** if the chinese occupy this bloody land. aba, ano pa ba ipaglalaban mo dito. tax ka, kukurakutin. mamatay ka sa ka ipaglaban mo ang ang bansa sa kaaway, statistics lang ababutin mo. pwe!

matutukoy din natin sino mga salarin sa pahirap na ginawa kay bruce.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:39 pm 
Welterweight

bugoyparin wrote:
hatapanghatao wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:

legally it should be... but the corruption is a two way street...

when someone received under the table, someone also handed it under...

and vice versa...

para sa'yo oo. but i never give in to corruption. yung driver ko oo, binayaran nya ng 200 pesos yung mmda na humuli saamin sa tapat ng megamall. pero ako, kahit mahirap, at sadyang sinasadya nilang pahirapin lalo na sa lto, dinadaan ko sa proseso.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next