Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm 
Middleweight

Pati yung groupong annomymous hacker naki-isa na rin laban sa mga ISIS. Ang kaya lang ng mga ISIS hacker mag prank lang sa na hack nila, samantalang ang annonymous lahat ng website ng ISIS pinabagsak nila. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm 
Heavyweight

lourker wrote:
From al qaeda to isis parang sa atin lang from mnlf to milf to biff ano na naman kaya ang susunod.
mukhang matindi tong isis binomba na nga ng husto pero nandyan pa rin sino kaya nagbigay funds sa mga hinayopak na to.

Ang syria naging battle ground, syrian rebels na may backup from the west and other arab nations versus assad's regime na hinalang may backup from russia, then nandun rin mga kurds versus isis, majority sa arab nations versus isis. Yung gustong gumanti sa isis, sa syria nila binomba, yung russia naman sinabing isis daw binomba pero it seems yung mga rebelde ang target nila, ano kaya meron sa bansang ito

langis din di ba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

lourker wrote:
From al qaeda to isis parang sa atin lang from mnlf to milf to biff ano na naman kaya ang susunod.
mukhang matindi tong isis binomba na nga ng husto pero nandyan pa rin sino kaya nagbigay funds sa mga hinayopak na to.

Ang syria naging battle ground, syrian rebels na may backup from the west and other arab nations versus assad's regime na hinalang may backup from russia, then nandun rin mga kurds versus isis, majority sa arab nations versus isis. Yung gustong gumanti sa isis, sa syria nila binomba, yung russia naman sinabing isis daw binomba pero it seems yung mga rebelde ang target nila, ano kaya meron sa bansang ito

Syria has the most abundant oil and mineral deposits that is estimated to be more than the current worlds gdp.

time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

lourker wrote:

Syria has the most abundant oil and mineral deposits that is estimated to be more than the current worlds gdp.

time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

CanadianMan wrote:
Why are the french and russians bombing syria while all the terroist are already overseas? :lol:

Several reasons such as to take some pride back(French) and protect their interest (Russians).
The common one would be to cripple the logistical source of ISIS...
Would be tough to put down the message they're spreading but with crippled logistics and financials, would be hard for them as well to carry out their plans.
Messy but it is what it is.
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Suppport France. Don't let the maggot terrorists win.
My sister and cousin already booked a Paris visit in January. The package is really affordable.
If I can get off work, I'm going too.

First off, my heart goes out to the families of the victims and the French people on this terrible act of cowardice and barbarism. I agree, let's support France. Vive la France.

Re: if you go to Paris. Here's my unsolicited 2 cents. Do everything possible and fly with your sister and cousin to Paris. So much to see in Paris, the City of Lights. Lots of history and arts to enjoy. If you go, research it before you leave. If you can, learn more than the common French words (e.g. Bonjour). You'll find it helpful. Most French don't speak English or know only a few English words. Plan your itinerary well depending on your number of days in Paris with the "must see" places on top. If you're going with a tour group, they should be able to get you tickets ahead of time in the most popular places so you can skip the long lines (e.g., Eiffel Tower, The Louvre). I understand you can even buy tickets for Eiffel Tower online. Definitely the "must-see" are The Louvre (Mona Lisa is there), Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe along Champs-Elysees (pronounced: shown-se-lee-see), Orsay Museum (the paintings by Van Goghs, Monet, Manet, Cezanne, etc). If you can go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, do it. The view is breathtaking. Dress warmly. If you have more time, take the train to Versailles (pronoinced: Ver-sigh). Go back in time of Louis XIV, Napoleon, etc. If you still have more time, visit Montmartre and the Sacre-Coeur (Sacred Heart) Basilica; Rodin Museum (The Thinker); Notre-Dame Cathedral along the River Seine. If you still have time but on your own, take the Hop-on, Hop-off Tour bus to tour City of Paris with recorded information as you go from one place to the next. One more thing. Not all museums are open daily. Make note of that.

Not surprised with the Paris attacks. We were just in Paris (then to Normandy to the north and to wine country to the south) in early September. I say security was lax. At the Eiffel Tower, saw 3 military men with guns walking. No more. In other places, didn't see any, at all. (Of course, I wasn't looking for them.) Don't be surprised to see more military men posted in each important public places when you go there in January 2016. Enjoy your trip. Get that book by Rick Steves on France for more info. I will go back to Paris any day, terrorists or not. Didn't have enough to see places I wanted to see in September. Paris, so much to see, so little time.

Vive la France!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 am 

zorro05 wrote:
PHL Muslims, MILF, MNLF condemn attacks in Paris
by Edd K. Usman November 15, 2015

Muslims in the Philippines are joining the global outcry against the attacks on Friday that terrorized and hit across Paris, France.

Mohagher Iqbal, chief negotiator of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), sent a copy of the MILF’s official statement
on the terror the gripped the French capital that killed 129 people and injured 352 others across as news reports said.
“We are deeply saddened by today’s tragic events in Paris, France, These blind, indiscriminate acts of violence deserve
nothing but convention,” the MILF said.

The Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) said the attacks are “stupid and crazy.”

MNLF senior leader Abdul Sahrin said the attackers—whether as members of or inspired by the Islamic State of Iraq
and Syria (ISIS)—“have twisted ideology which they masquerade to have Islamic content.”

”ISIS does not and will never represent Islam and Muslims. They twist and misrepresent the teachings of Islam to suit
their evil agenda,” said Sahrin. “They will go to hell.”

Ustadhz Esmael Ebrahim, commissioner of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos representing the Moro ulama
(religious leaders) sector, said violence against innocent civilians wherever committed is against the teachings of Islam.

“The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Allaihi Wassalam forbid violence against civilians and other non-combatants in times
of peace or in war,” Ebrahim, an official of the National Ulama Conference of the Philippines said.
Read more at http://www.mb.com.ph/phl-muslims-milf-m ... aDoGZsS.99

:)

MNLF at MILF ang tiga condemn, Abu Sayyad ang tiga support

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:

MNLF at MILF ang tiga condemn, Abu Sayyad ang tiga support

Ibig sabihin nyan Mod, yung condemnation is just for pess release thing ika nga... save the funding and logistics.
Deep inside, they have the same thinking as Abus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

a look back in history :

The Battle of Maysalun (Arabic: معركة ميسلون‎), also called The Battle of Maysalun Pass, was a battle fought between the forces
of the Arab Kingdom of Syria and French Army of the Levant on 24 July 1920 near the town of Maysalun, about 12 miles
west of Damascus, towards the Lebanese border. At the battle, the better equipped and trained French forces under
General Henri Joseph Eugène Gouraud decisively defeated the Syrians.

Following the Battle of Maysalun and marching into Damascus in July 1920 to put down an anti-colonial uprising,
French General Henri Gouraud is reputed have stood at the great Saladin's grave, kicked it and said:

"The Crusades have ended now! Awake Saladin, we have returned! My presence here consecrates
the victory of the Cross over the Crescent."

`perhaps, the Paris attack is a sinister, vicious and horrible reminder of the past that there are those who never forgets...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 am 

zorro05 wrote:
a look back in history :Following the Battle of Maysalun and marching into Damascus in July 1920 to put down an anti-colonial uprising,
French General Henri Gouraud is reputed have stood at the great Saladin's grave, kicked it and said:

"The Crusades have ended now! Awake Saladin, we have returned! My presence here consecrates

ayus yan ah.

Saladin slaughtered so many crusaders. me ganyan palang pangyayari...

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
zorro05 wrote:
a look back in history :Following the Battle of Maysalun and marching into Damascus in July 1920 to put down an anti-colonial uprising,

ayus yan ah.

pero honorable yan si saladin. mukhang may mutual respect sila ng king of england..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 am 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
zorro05 wrote:

ayus yan ah.

` The Crusades was a holy war.

the Saracens slaughtered soldiers and knights, the Crusaders did the same and also civilians.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

The November Sinjar offensive was a combination of operations of Kurdish Peshmerga, PKK and People's Protection Units
forces in November 2015, to recapture the city of Sinjar from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. It resulted in a decisive
victory for the Kurdish forces, who expelled the IS militants from Sinjar and regained control of Highway 47, which until then
had served as the major supply route between the IS strongholds of ar-Raqqah and Mosul.

The offensive is code-named ‘The Fury of Melek Taus’, in reference to Melek Taus, a figure from Yezidi myth.

`
The western powers must continue to supply heavy armaments, more ground support troops, continuous aerial bombings...,
to kurdish and other rebel forces fighting isis.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:48 am 
Heavyweight

zorro05 wrote:
The November Sinjar offensive was a combination of operations of Kurdish Peshmerga, PKK and People's Protection Units
forces in November 2015, to recapture the city of Sinjar from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. It resulted in a decisive
victory for the Kurdish forces, who expelled the IS militants from Sinjar and regained control of Highway 47, which until then
had served as the major supply route between the IS strongholds of ar-Raqqah and Mosul.

The offensive is code-named ‘The Fury of Melek Taus’, in reference to Melek Taus, a figure from Yezidi myth.

`
The western powers must continue to supply heavy armaments, more ground support troops, continuous aerial bombings...,
to kurdish and other rebel forces fighting isis.

good to read about things like this in the news.

dalawa lang naman inaabangan ko sa news:
1. pagtaas ng stocks
2. pagkatalo ng ISIS

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

^^
Barely a spike to the oil sector today. But I still bought a few more oil stocks... Sector could go big (hopefully, it's been on a slump for quite a while now) again pretty soon... Sooner than projected due to this issue.

Not everything is bad on war, conflict and terrorism as some say :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next