Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

savedbythebell wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

Sam Harris? Seriously? This guy is an atheist and a follower of Darwinism. The guy got owned in a debate by a prominent Christian philosopher a few years back. Shame.

...and allegories from an old fairy tale book is credible? It's not even a good piece of literature and definitely not a historical account.

What is so wrong with this particular statement by Sam Harris (assuming Sam Harris' point didn't escape you, i.e. if you're at all capable of comprehending it). Instead of just blurting out fanatical nonsense, please explain what's so wrong about his statement, atheist or not or whatever you want to label him. His statement is very pragmatic. Your are exactly the point of Sam Harris' statement -- a self-righteous religious zealot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:01 am 
Middleweight

listerine wrote:
heyhey whats going on here on my thread. This is not a religion topic but I guest because of Tim Tebow's faith in God and his religion was a part of his decision to practice abstinence. All praising Tim but his former US Girlfriend looks really really bad in the eyes of the people.

I think many Christians haven't read the bible and its immoralities or maybe they just ignore coz its the word of their god.. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 am 
Cruiserweight

Gamby Sucaldito wrote:
Image 8)

at least Mang Gamby Scientology belives existence of Science, how about Atheist? they beleiev in nothing.. :shock: tsk tsk smh

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 am 
Welterweight

DigitalDevil wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

I gotta hand it to them for their bullchit artistry.

Long before these so-called "priests" preached about sex before marriage, this godly concept is found in the Scriptures and was even preached about by the apostle Paul himself.[/quote]
...based on a a fairy tale? How sure are you? Were you there?[/quote]

Read the Bible dude. As per the authenticity of the Scriptures I suggest that you do your research.[/quote]

authenticity of the scriptures? seriously???
It is a copy of copies of translations of anonymous authors my friend... :shock:[/quote]

I know it's a copy of translations of another text but that doesn't mean the Scripture is not truthful. It's a fact that we don't have the original text, but people of old kept within a community of scribes and rabbis and priests copies of the original that has passed down from one generation to the next. If you study the Scripture carefully, which I hope you would, is based on historical and literary context. To say that the Scripture is just a bunch of fairytales, means the nation of Israel, approximately 8 million people and the people that preceded them are bunch of liars.

Anyway, Let's all go back to the TOPIC of this thread, I'm not going to comment on anything outside the topic. Again my respect goes out to Tebow!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 am 
Middleweight

listerine wrote:
Gamby Sucaldito wrote:
Image 8)

at least Mang Gamby Scientology belives existence of Science, how about Atheist? they beleiev in nothing.. :shock: tsk tsk smh

Atheist believes in so many things just like you my friend.. Do google it pls.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:15 am 
Welterweight

kulukuy wrote:
savedbythebell wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

Sam Harris? Seriously? This guy is an atheist and a follower of Darwinism. The guy got owned in a debate by a prominent Christian philosopher a few years back. Shame.

...and allegories from an old fairy tale book is credible? It's not even a good piece of literature and definitely not a historical account.

What is so wrong with this particular statement by Sam Harris (assuming Sam Harris' point didn't escape you, i.e. if you're at all capable of comprehending it). Instead of just blurting out fanatical nonsense, please explain what's so wrong about his statement, atheist or not or whatever you want to label him. His statement is very pragmatic. Your are exactly the point of Sam Harris' statement -- a self-righteous religious zealot.

1. I didn't say Sam Harris' STATEMENT is wrong.

2. I don't have anything to explain (please refer to 1.)

3. Please don't be a troll, if you want a debate go ahead create a new thread. I'll be glad to demolish your puny arguments.

4. Let's all comment on what the topic is all about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:16 am 
Cruiserweight

DigitalDevil wrote:
listerine wrote:
heyhey whats going on here on my thread. This is not a religion topic but I guest because of Tim Tebow's faith in God and his religion was a part of his decision to practice abstinence. All praising Tim but his former US Girlfriend looks really really bad in the eyes of the people.

I think many Christians haven't read the bible and its immoralities or maybe they just ignore coz its the word of their god.. :shock:

am a devout catholic charismatic christian and my first time to read those verses . Maybe you are not reading the whole verses or the content of those. Just follow the 10 commandments and the 2 greates commandment in new testament and you will be saved.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 am 
Middleweight

[/quote]I know it's a copy of translations of another text but that doesn't mean the Scripture is not truthful. It's a fact that we don't have the original text, but people of old kept within a community of scribes and rabbis and priests copies of the original that has passed down from one generation to the next. If you study the Scripture carefully, which I hope you would, is based on historical and literary context. To say that the Scripture is just a bunch of fairytales, means the nation of Israel, approximately 8 million people and the people that preceded them are bunch of liars.

Anyway, Let's all go back to the TOPIC of this thread, I'm not going to comment on anything outside the topic. Again my respect goes out to Tebow!!!![/quote]

How do you know its truthful?
I have 2 questions for you:
1. Can you demonstrate the existence of a god?
2. How do you know your religion is the right one and not the other many religions in the world?

PS: gogogo tebow!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 am 
Welterweight

DigitalDevil wrote:
I know it's a copy of translations of another text but that doesn't mean the Scripture is not truthful. It's a fact that we don't have the original text, but people of old kept within a community of scribes and rabbis and priests copies of the original that has passed down from one generation to the next. If you study the Scripture carefully, which I hope you would, is based on historical and literary context. To say that the Scripture is just a bunch of fairytales, means the nation of Israel, approximately 8 million people and the people that preceded them are bunch of liars.

Anyway, Let's all go back to the TOPIC of this thread, I'm not going to comment on anything outside the topic. Again my respect goes out to Tebow!!!![/quote]

How do you know its truthful?
2. How do you know your religion is the right one and not the other many religions in the world?

PS: gogogo tebow!!![/quote]

You seem like an intelligent person. Why don't you find the answers for your questions yourself.

Go Tebow! You rock!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 am 
Middleweight

listerine wrote:
DigitalDevil wrote:
listerine wrote:

am a devout catholic charismatic christian and my first time to read those verses . Maybe you are not reading the whole verses or the content of those. Just follow the 10 commandments and the 2 greates commandment in new testament and you will be saved.

My friend I was a Christian for like 30 years...
And I will be saved from what exactly?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:28 am 
Cruiserweight

DigitalDevil wrote:

My frined , your soul will be saved in the other life. keep praising God and do good to others and all this things shall be added onto you.
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
i need to go to church my friend and will continue debating later. I want to save some soul like you 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:29 am 
Middleweight

[/quote]How do you know its truthful?

PS: gogogo tebow!!![/quote]

You seem like an intelligent person. Why don't you find the answers for your questions yourself.
Go Tebow! You rock![/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tebow number 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am 
Middleweight

listerine wrote:
DigitalDevil wrote:

My frined , your soul will be saved in the other life. keep praising God and do good to others and all this things shall be added onto you.
i need to go to church my friend and will continue debating later. I want to save some soul like you 8)

Ok take care my friend.. Just don't give your 10% income to you church... :shock:
Looking forward to debating with you :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:36 am 
Middleweight

listerine wrote:
DigitalDevil wrote:

Can you discuss this in your church sermon or whatever when you go?

Leviticus 25:44-46New International Version (NIV)

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:50 am 
Cruiserweight

Wow Akala ko about lack of sex itong thread na to... :kiss:

Bakit naging Atheism vs. Christianity...?

Na naman... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next