Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 pm 
Heavyweight

toofast23 wrote:
AYUN! CERTIFIED TANGA KA NGA!!!

toofast23 wrote:
DI KO NAMAN KAWALAN KAHIT MA-BAN AKO DITO, AKO ANG KAWALAN NYO!!

bro ang puso mo..ang puso mo... :shock:

ang lakas kasi ng sigaw mo ..dinig namin hanggang sa chitchat thread section... may tindahan dun bro..may cafe..pwede kang mag relax dun....

seriously dude..while die hard is being dodgy, he remain cool... kaya cool lang bro. iwas na pagkain ng crispy pata at lechon :D :wink:

heto bigay ni bro iron jaw..

Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
toofast23 wrote:

+nakakatawa ka naman bro. :D
let me ask you, sino gusto mo kalabanin ni MP sa Nov.13, 2010?

Pansin ko lang bat hindi ka na nakikipag-away dito diehard? natatandaan ko dati ikaw yung hinunting dito at pinuntahan sa murphy qc ah! hahaha! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 pm 
Heavyweight

The Analyst wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
toofast23 wrote:

+nakakatawa ka naman bro. :D
let me ask you, sino gusto mo kalabanin ni MP sa Nov.13, 2010?

Pansin ko lang bat hindi ka na nakikipag-away dito diehard? natatandaan ko dati ikaw yung hinunting dito at pinuntahan sa murphy qc ah! hahaha! :biglaugh:

hahaha oo nga! siguro member na si bro die hard ng UN PEACE KEEPING FORCE. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:00 am 
Heavyweight

hahaha oo nga! siguro member na si bro die hard ng UN PEACE KEEPING FORCE.

+pwd bro, bka nsa Golan heights, East Timor, Liberia, Haiti, Iraq lol. :D
pwd rin nsa Foreign Armed Forces Attache nka detail, or di kaya sa Defense AFA nka detail. :D

so mga bro's, let support MP in his next fight vs Margarito. :D

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am 
Heavyweight

PACQUIAO Is HUGE BETTING Favorite
by Nick Giongco / the Manila Bulletin, August 3, 2010, 7:38pm

link: http://mb.com.ph/articles/270527/pacqui ... g-favorite by Nick Giongco dated 1938H 03August 2010 PI time

Manny Pacquiao has been installed the huge favorite going into his November 13 clash with Antonio Margarito of Mexico.

Oddsmakers have Installed Pacquiao as -525, meaning a $525 bet would only win $100.

In contrast, Margarito is a heavy underdog at +325 that a mere $100 bet would balloon to as much as $325 in case he wins

Arum said Mike Koncz, who is Pacquiao’s adviser, has been in Abu Dhabi since Monday and will continue to do so until Wednesday or Thursday.

“Michael (Koncz) told me the talks Turned Out Very Good and he’s going to Meet One or Two MORE Guys to determine IF the Fight is going to happen there,” said Arum on Tuesday(03 August) from Los Angeles.

Arum has already PENCILED August 31 as the KickOff PRESS ConFerence for the PACQUIAO Fight.

DALLAS, NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES will make up the ITINERARY of the PRESS TOUR, said Arum, in the event a Deal CaN’T be Reached in ABU DHABI.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am 
Light Heavyweight

This would be a good preparation before manny faces PAUL WILLIAMS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 am 
Heavyweight

“If the Fght Ends Up in Abu Dhabi, I guess we have To Do a Press Conference there RIght Away but If NOT, We Will Do a Press Conference on August 31 in DALLAS Followed by TWO more in New York and then Los Angeles,” added Arum. (Nick Giongco)

“We’ll see what happens over there (in Abu Dhabi),” said Arum, whose promotional outfit Top Rank is the Leader in Promotions nowadays.

“SOMETHING’s HAPPENING,” Arum told Bulletin-Tempo, ReVealing that as Soon as Koncz Arrived in Manila from Los Angeles on Sunday Morning, he DidN’T even Bother to UnPack, CATCHING a FLight to Abu Dhabi later in the Evening.

Arum said the Abu Dhabi people are Coming Up with a "MOUTH-WATERING Offer" to Host Pacquiao-Margarito.

While Arum a Harvard-edu-cated lawyer, did not say how much Abu Dhabi is Wiling to SHELL OUT, an Industry source said Pacquiao Could GET Close to what He Had Been PROMISED had the Floyd Mayweather fight Materialized.

Arum said that DALLAS is Now the FRONT-RUNNER to Stage the Pacquiao fight Assuming a Deal CaN’T be Reached in Abu Dhabi after it was reported late last week that it doesn’t appear Nevada will grant Margarito a license in connection with his suspension stemming from the loaded gloves issue.

Cowboys Stadium, which lured more than 51,000 last March when Pacquiapo beat Joshua Clottey of Ghana, has expressed its desire to hold the fight and It Looks LIKE the State of Texas is READY To GRANT MARGARITO a LICENSE.

link: http://www.tempo.com.ph/news.php?aid=53949 by Nick Giongco dated 1728H 02August 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

toofast23 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
As i observed their fight between Margo and Cotto, IMHO Margo was not using any loaded in his fist/gloves and Cotto was clearly beaten badly by the t.tornado. margo won fair and square.

:shock: :shock: :shock: I don't think that was the first time Cheato laced up with bricks (thank goodness got caught before going in the ring) vs Mosley. Cotto's face was strong enough to convince me that was some loaded rubber hitting him that night!

As much I'd like Cheato get beaten up, I don't think he deserves to be in the ring again at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 am 
Heavyweight

Ir0nM4n wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
As i observed their fight between Margo and Cotto, IMHO Margo was not using any loaded in his fist/gloves and Cotto was clearly beaten badly by the t.tornado. margo won fair and square.

:shock: :shock: :shock: I don't think that was the first time Cheato laced up with bricks (thank goodness got caught before going in the ring) vs Mosley. Cotto's face was strong enough to convince me that was some loaded rubber hitting him that night!

As much I'd like Cheato get beaten up, I don't think he deserves to be in the ring again at all.

+NSAC Commissioner Keith Kizer said, that MARGARITO's WIN OVER COTTO was CLEAR. :D :D :D
I had a Thread/Topic about that already months ago. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 am 
Cruiserweight

twinkie79 wrote:
Pac vs AM that's the worse figth for pac
That's hardest than any figth you can put pac against

I don't think so. Any boxer that Pacquiao can hit more than 65% of his high speed power shots will be like a tenderloin meat after 4 rounds and Margacheato is one of them. As previously mentioned in this article, Marga does not have head, lateral & in & out movements; does not counter-punch etc etc. all he does is move forward & brawl. This is perfect for Manny as he has quicker hands and foot steps. Pac by KO or TKO in 6th.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 am 
Heavyweight

pokerjack wrote:
twinkie79 wrote:
Pac vs AM that's the worse figth for pac
That's hardest than any figth you can put pac against

I don't think so. Any boxer that Pacquiao can hit more than 65% of his high speed power shots will be like a tenderloin meat after 4 rounds and Margacheato is one of them. As previously mentioned in this article, Marga does not have head, lateral & in & out movements; does not counter-punch etc etc. all he does is move forward & brawl. This is perfect for Manny as he has quicker hands and foot steps. Pac by KO or TKO in 6th.

+Yes bro, very correct. :D
MP via 5th rd brutal and deadly KO/TKO. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:29 am 
Heavyweight

LAS VEGAS Can Still KO DALLAS, ABU DHABI For PACQUIO-MARGARITO
August 3, 2:36 PM Boxing Examiner Michael Marley

link: http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxing-E ... toPacquaio by Michael Marley dated 1436H 03August 2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 am 
Heavyweight

ARUM: I'D LOVE To Make PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ III BUT JuanMa Marquez Must LEAP BRADLEY, BERTO OR ALEXANDER
August 3, 1:08 PM Boxing Examiner Michael Marley

link: http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxing-E ... -Alexander

“Look, Marquez has been a pretty good fighter over his career, no doubt,” Arum said. “But all that's been at lower weights than where Manny is right now. Manny is a FullFledged WelterWeight and Marquez is just a Good LightWeight.

“Marquez hasn't exactly been a ball of fire at lightweight. He beat poor Juan Diaz, who hasn't won a fight in years, so that is NOT Very Impressive.

“I'm not DeMeaning the guy, he's been a terrific fighter overall but he's not in Manny's weight class at this time. Fighting Amir Khan is MEANINGLESS so I say let Marquez Go Out and Fight a TIM BRADLEY, a DEVON ALEXANDER or an ANDRE BERTO. Let him fight and beat one of those guys.

“Is that too much to ask? Really, I would love to make the third fight with Marquez against Manny but Marquez has to Show the public that he can be successful at a higher weight, at a weight Nearer where Manny is”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:10 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao-Margarito Will Be A War!
Posted by Kenneth Ragpala on 8/06/10 • Categorized as Boxing News,Boxing Opinions

link: http://filipinoboxingjournal.com/2010/0 ... -be-a-war/ by Kenneth Ragpala dated 06August 2010

But humor me and let me be a Party Pooper and Present to you ALL the Tangibles WHY This Fight Will Be A BLOCKBUSTER.

Antonio Margarito at 5’11 will be the tallest fighter the 5’6 Pacquiao has ever faced in his career. Although Pacquiao has never had any significant troubles against tall fighters, Margarito is just a different breed of animal. The reach advantage is also humungous; Margarito’s 73 inches definitely dwarfs Pacquiao’s 67 inches.

Both height and reach will be Margarito’s crucial elements against Pacquiao, whose most notable knockout stoppages were headshots, like Ricky Hatton and David Diaz. Although Miguel Cotto and Oscar dela Hoya were spared from such fate, both men’s faces were reconfigured. Against Margarito, going headhunting is a mission almost mpossible, unless the Mexican banger would be stupid to drop his head low enough for a quick strike.

Shane Mosley stopped Margarito with a barrage of heavy punches to the head. The question is whether Pacquiao can duplicate such feat considering how short he is.

Pacquiao’s punching power will be extremely tested. Against welters and junior welters, power may not be an issue. But Margarito will likely enter the ring at 160 or more, prompting many to ask the question, “Can Pacquiao hurt Margarito?”

Speaking of punching power, Margarito will be the heavy hitter once they square off. Virtually, the Tijuana Tornado is perhaps the strongest punching opponent Pacquiao has ever faced as well. He might be slow, but when those hooks and uppercuts connect, they will hurt. And Margarito will dish those punches out against a natural light welter who might be way beyond his comfort zone.

Chin is likely the best asset Margarito holds. He can take punches. Of course, there is no denying that Mosley rocked him so hard Margarito’s long dead friends and relatives must have felt those shots. But the dude can take the hits from anyone less powerful and absorb them like they were nothing. Cotto was having a field day peppering Margarito’s face with clean shots and powerful blows. Hell, Cotto could have thrown the kitchen sink but the Mexican just kept on prodding. Scary fact.

Guess Mayweather DUCKED Margarito for a Reason.

Margarito may not be the best-skilled opponent Pacquiao will have to go through in his career, but the Tornado certainly have the juice to make Pacquiao fight for his life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next