Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

PACQUIAO-MARGARITO MOST LIKELY HEADED TO COWBOYS STADIUM
August 6, 12:14 PM Filipino Sports Examiner Dennis "dSource" Guillermo

link: http://www.examiner.com/x-10947-Filipin ... ys-Stadium by Dennis Guillermo dated 1414H 06August 2010

According to my RELIABLE InSide SOURCES InSide TOP RANK, the Manny Pacquiao- Antonio Margarito match-up for November 13 is Likely Going To HAppen at the New Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, site of Pacquiao's most recent fight against Joshua Clottey- that's of course unless Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz comes back with a multi-million dollar offer from Abu Dhabi that's too sweet to pass up for the sweet-toothed Bob Arum.

This match-up WONT'T be a SNOOZER like Pacquiao-Clottey either. Margarito will come Forward and Try to Trade Punches with Pacquiao Tit-For-Tat. If this match-up was penciled after Margarito beat Cotto around the time Pacquiao was set to fight Oscar Dela Hoya, every single boxing fan would call this a ridiculous fight due to Margarito's size and height advantage. But after Margarito was caught with loaded gloves and got knocked-out by Shane Mosley and Pacquiao showed the world he could easily dispatch bigger guys like Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton and make Oscar Dela Hoya quit, all of a sudden Pacquiao is the favorite. Before Pacquiao fought Dela Hoya, Arum himself made a comment that he could not picture Pacquiao in a fight against the much bigger Margarito. Well, picture it now.

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 pm 
Heavyweight

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=175782

Why Pacquiao's Entertaining Power is Honorably Best at Dallas Cowboy Stadium?
August 6, 8:20 PM Filipino Celebrity Headlines Examiner Granville Ampong

link: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4871 ... oy-Stadium by Granville Ampong dated 2020H 06August 2010

In an Interview with this Writer Early of AUGUST This Year during the MEDIA DAY for Julio Ceasar Chavez, Jr. at the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, Top Rank Godfather Bob Arum said, "MARGARITO Sas NO PROBLEM(s) Fighting In TEXAS and, IN FACT, I Was Told by Texas Athletic Commission He Can FIGHT in Texas WITHOUT ISSUES." And so the story was told in FAVOR of Margarito.

The choice of staging the fight of Pacquiao-Margarito at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium versus one in Abu Dhabi is a matter of intrigue and pride, much unto the matter of proper market segmentation

If Pacquiao-Margarito is staged in Abu Dhabi, it is all because of triangular dictates of Arum, Konz and Pacquiao in the midst of the latter's less than zero financial liquidity, and all because not for the boxing fans and media who have anchored Pacquiao to the end. But, recent report has it from Arum's text messages that Konz seems to be unproductive in his attempt to close a deal with the royal authorities of Abu Dhabi.

Pacquiao's Entertaining Power Honorably is Best at Dallas Cowboy Stadium!
After All, Pacquiao has the Power of Choice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:13 am 
Heavyweight

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=175817&hilit=

Roach: MANNY PACQUIAO IS KNOCKING ANTONIO MARGARITO OUT

link: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29896 by Mark Vester dated 07August 2010

HOF Trainer Freddie Roach made a recent appearance on Boxing Scene's.com Official Audio Show "Leave It In The Ring" to discuss Pacquiao-Margarito fight for the Vacant WBC154lbs world title championship.
"PACQUIAO HAS WANTED A FIGHT WITH MARGARITO SINCE THE 2008 TKO WIN OVER OSCAR DELA HOYA." said F.Roach.

"I THINK WE'LL KNOCK HIM OUT. I FEEL THAT MANNY WILL KNOCK HIM OUT IN THE LATE ROUNDS." said F.Roach.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 am 
Heavyweight

link: http://philboxing.com/news/columns.php? ... 0&id=42359 by Manny Pacquiao dated 08/08/10

"Kumbinasyon"

By Manny Pacquiao

Mayweather, Don King: Let's Get It On (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)

PhilBoxing.com
08 Aug 2010

MANILA -- Magandang araw po ulit sa lahat ng masusugid na tagasubaybay ng kolum na ito. Sana ay nasa mabuti kayong kalagayan saan mang panig ng mundo kayo naroroon. Kung ako po ang inyong tatanungin ay nasa mabuting kalagayan naman po ako.

(Good day again to all avid followers of my column. I hope you are doing well wherever you are in the world. If you are asking me, I am also doing well.)

Halos tatlong buwan at isang linggo na lang bago dumating ang pinakahihintay at pinaka-aabangan ng karamihan sa inyo. Napakabilis ng panahon at hindi natin mamamalayan at sasapit na ang Nov. 13. Sa petsang ito ako nakatakdang lumaban at medyo excited na akong bumalik sa ring at mag-ensayo. Nami-miss ko ang amoy ng gym at ang paghahanda sa laban pero gayunpaman, nag-eenjoy naman ako sa Congress kahit na maraming trabaho ang nakatambak.

(In just 3 months and 1 week from now before the most anticipated event you all have been waiting for will happen. Time really flies, before we know it, November 13 is here. I am slated to fight in this date and I am very excited to return to the ring and start training. I miss the smell of the gym and the preparations for a fight. But I also enjoy being a congressman although there is so much work piling up.)

Hindi naman po nangangahulugan na tinatalikuran ko na o mapapabayaan ko ang aking responsibilidad bilang isang Kongresista sa panahon ng paghahanda sa laban. Sa tingin ko, ang pag-aayos lang ng aking work schedule ang susi para mapadali ang lahat. Mahirap man, wala namang problema at kaya kong magampanan ang aking mga tungkulin sa abot ng aking makakaya. Inspirado akong ipakita sa lahat ng aking nasasaklaw na kahit na ako ay isang bagitong Congressman, kaya kong tuparin ang mga pangakong aking binitawan noong panahon ng kampanya para sa eleksyon.

(But it does not mean that I will be turning my back or will renege on my responsibilities as a congressman during the time I am preparing for the fight. I think all it takes is arranging my schedule. It is the key to expedite things. Although it is hard, there would be no problem and I can do all my duties in the best of my abilities. I am inspired to show my constituents that in spite of being only a junior congressman, I can deliver all the promises I gave during the election campaign.)

Namo-monitor ko ang mga kaganapan sa aking distrito at hindi rin naman ako nagpapabaya sa aking kalusugan kahit na dumami ang aking trabaho.

(I can monitor whatever is going on in my district and I will not be negligent regarding my health despite my increasing workload.)
Kahit na busy ako, nasasagap ko pa rin ang pinakasariwang mga balita, gaya ng napipintong pagsasama diumano ni Floyd Mayweather Jr. at ng batikang promoter na si Don King. Ikinagagalak kong malaman na nagbabalak silang magtulungan para sa kanilang kinabukasan. Natutuwa ako dahil baka naman ngayon ay magbabago na ang ihip ng hangin at biglang magdedesisyon si Mayweather na labanan akong bigla.

(Although I am very busy, I am updated on the most recent news, including the reports that there is an impending partnership between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and the esteemed promoter, Don King. I am so glad to learn that they plan to work together in the future. I am happy, since this time, there might be a change where the wind blows and Mayweather may suddenly decide to fight me.)

Kahit na hindi pa final ang pagtatambal nina Mayweather at King, nakikinita ko na ito ay maganda para sa isa't-isa. Sana ay magkasundo sila sa lalong madaling panahon.

(While the Mayweather and King partnership is not yet final, I can see that this will be good for everyone. I hope they can come to terms as soon as possible.)

I hope Mayweather is serious enough in doing business with Don King and is not doing this only to save face. I hope Don King does the same in return, that he can make miracles happen. I say this to both these men: Let's Get It On. Fight like warriors and brave men. I am the champion, I have the belts and I should not be the one challenging you. I should not even be the one trying to make this fight happen. But Pacquiao vs Mayweather is what everyone wants, that's why I am calling out your names. My promoter Bob Arum will be waiting for your call and will be very glad to hear what you have to say. The sooner, the better...

Marami pang mangyayari sa loob ng tatlong buwan at kung talagang hindi duwag si Mayweather, kailangan niyang patunayan ito sa ibabaw ng ring. Nagbigay na ako ng mga palugit at tinanggap ko ang ilan sa mga requests ni Mayweather para lang matuloy ang laban. Sa ngayon, si Antonio Margarito ng Mexico ang matunog na kapalit ni Mayweather sa November 13 pero para sa akin, walang kasing-gandang balita kung magpapalit ng isip ang kampo ni Mayweather at siguradong lahat ng boxing fans o kahit na mga sports fans ang tututok sa labang ito.

(A lot of things can happen within three months and if Mayweather is not really a coward, he needs to prove himself in the ring. I gave in more than what is necessary and I accepted some of the requests that Mayweather asked for just to have this fight go through. For now, Antonio Margarito of Mexico is the likely replacement of Mayweather in November 13, but for me, there is nothing more beautiful news if the Mayweather camp will change its mind. And I am sure boxing fans or any other sports fans will follow this very closely.)

Sigurado ako, itong laban na ito ang pag-uusapan ng lahat sa susunod na tatlong buwan. Tiwala ako na kakayanin ng mga promoters na maisaayos ang lahat sa loob ng panahong ito at lahat ng mga dapat na kasali sa pagtataguyod ng laban na ito ay kikilos para lang matupad ang laban na ito.

(I am absolutely sure that this fight will be the topic everyone will talk about the next three months. I am confident that the promoters will be able to handle all the arrangements within this period of time. And everybody who has anything to do to support this fight will take actions just to make this fight happen.)

This is the only way for Mayweather to save face. Make the fight happen in November and stop using Mr. Don King for publicity stunts. He claims he is the best. He says he is No. 1. There is only one way to prove his greatness and that is to face me. I should be ready by November.

Kung hindi naman, handa pa rin akong labanan ang kahit na sinong maihaharap sa akin ng aking promoter. Sa ngayon, wala pa akong final na balita sa negosasyon tungkol sa Margarito fight at hinihintay ko pa ang mga bids na nagmumula sa iba't-ibang sites.

(If he is not ready to fight me, I am more than ready to fight whoever my promoter lines up against me. For now, there is no final word in the negotiations for the Margarito fight and I am still waiting for the bids coming from the different sites.)

Sa ngayon, ang Abu Dhabi, Dallas sa Texas, Monterrey sa Mexico at Las Vegas sa Nevada ang mga posibleng lugar kung saan kami maghaharap ni Margarito. Kung hindi kikilos si Mayweather ngayon, marami pa ang mawawala sa kanya.

(As of now, Abu Dhabi, Dallas, Texas, Monterrey, Mexico and Las Vegas, Nevada are the possible sites where the Margarito and I will face. If Mayweather will not act now, he will lose a lot more.)

Tagalog translation to English in italics. This is an unofficial translation by Greg R. Penilla, M.D. of Philboxing.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:52 am 
Heavyweight

http://fightfan.com/2010/08/pacman-to-m ... /#comments

Pacman to Mayweather and Don King: “Lets get it on!”
By FightFan.com Staff (07-Aug-2010)

In a message posted on the site of our good friends at Philboxing.com, Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao has issued yet another clear and stern challenge to Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather and his new friend Don King, telling both free agent fighter and promoter he is ready for the fight NOW.

Photo: Joe Bruiser
Manny Pacquiao: “I hope Mayweather is serious enough in doing business with Don King and is not doing this only to save face. I hope Don King does the same in return, that he can make miracles happen. I say this to both these men: Let’s Get It On. Fight like warriors and brave men.

“I am the champion, I have the belts and I should not be the one challenging you. I should not even be the one trying to make this fight happen. But Pacquiao vs Mayweather is what everyone wants, that’s why I am calling out your names. My promoter Bob Arum will be waiting for your call and will be very glad to hear what you have to say. The sooner, the better… “

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 am 
Heavyweight

MARGARITO BELIEVES HE WILL "KNOCK MANNY PACQUIAO OUT"

link: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30352 by Jhonny Gonzales dated 25August 2010

During a recent interview from Mexico, Margarito said he looked forward to the bout and was very confident of "winning the fight." When asked IF he thought the fight would go to the istance, Margarito replied " I don't think so. " Soon after, he said the fight would be VERY EXCITING and he was sure it would end with "a Knock Out."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:18 am 
Heavyweight

ROACH: "MANNY WILL START FAST WITH THIS GUY(MARGARITO), AND WE WILL FINISH HIM FAST"!

linkS:
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30288 by Mark Vester dated 22August 2010
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/gare ... margarito/ by Gareth A. Davies dated 23August 2010

Roach leaves for the first half of Pacquiao’s next training camp ten days into September. “I’ll be out in The Philippines from Sept 11. We’ll train out there and have four weeks here in Los Angeles, and the last five days if it ends up in Texas. He [Margarito] is a big, strong guy. I’m not overly worried about him. I’m not a big Margarito fan. Manny will have too much for him. It’s just the size I’m concerned about, and what weight we have it at. I’d like it at 147lbs, but it will most likely be at catch weight between welter[weight] and junior middleweight.”

You know what kind of size Manny is. He’ll come in at 149 lbs in the ring. He can’t come in too much heavier than that, and anyway, any extra weight would not help him. MANNY Will START Fast With This guy(MARGARITO), and We Will FINISH With Him(MARGARITO) FAST.”

Roach is in regular contact with Pacquiao, immersed in politics for the present. “He’s really really enjoying trying to make things better in his country. He told me the time was going quickly, and that it was a lot of hard work. He wants to change people’s perceptions and their ambitions in life.”

I’m really looking ForWard to Working with Him Again because His Boxing Is Going To Be A Break From Politics. The CONGRESS Will Give Him Enough Time To Get Ready For Boxing, BeCause EveryOne In The Philippines Wishes Him Well In The Ring.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 am 
Heavyweight

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=177007&p=3906264#p3906264

Tuloy Ang Laban
PhilBoxing.com
26 Aug 2010

"Kumbinasyon"

By Manny Pacquiao

LINK: http://philboxing.com/news/columns.php? ... 0&id=43093 BY CongressMan Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao dtd 26August 2010

ImageImage

MANILA --- Isang magandang araw po ang aking ipinamamahagi sa inyong lahat mula Aparri hanggang Jolo at kung saan mang panig ng mundo kayo naroroon. Sana ay nasa mabuti kayong kalagayan gaya ng inyong abang-lingkod na abalang-abala sa pagsisilbi sa bayan.

Matapos ang isang makabuluhang pagbisita sa bansang Singapore, balik-Pilipinas po ulit ako upang bigyan pansin ang iba pang proyekto at panukala para sa aking distrito sa Sarangani province.

Marami akong natutunan at maipapamahagi sa aking maikling pagbisita sa ibang karatig-pook at dahil wala namang session sa Congress kapag Sabado at Linggo ay naging mas mabunga ang kalakaran. Bukod sa naging masaya ang trip sa Singapore dahil kasama ko ang aking mga kaibigan, nakapagbigay ulit tayo ng saya at inspirasyon sa mga kabataan, kasama na diyan ang mga boxers na nagsisimula pa lang sa amateurs. Kung masaya sila, mas masaya ako.

Habang marami kaming tinatapos sa Kongreso ngayong panahong ito, TINATAPOS Na Rin Ng Aking mga Promoters At Team Ang Negosasyon para sa aking laban sa Nobyembre 13. Marami pa ring mga detalye ang dapat tukuyin at tapusin pero ayon sa mga pahayag, MATATAPOS ang mga Talakayan sa LINGGONG ITO(THIS WEEK). Malalaman po natin ang ibang detalye sa SuSuNod na mga ARAW(NEXT FEW DAYS).

Hindi pa rin FiNAL ang LUGAR(VENUE) kung Saan Gaganapin ang laban Pero MALAKI ang POSIBILIDAD na sa DALLAS, TEXAS pa rin ang laban Kung Hindi Madadaig ng Ilan Pang BIDDERS Ang Offer ng Cowboys Stadium.

Kailangan pa ring makakuha ng lisensiya ang napipisil na kalaban na si Antonio Margarito, ang Mexicanong nasuspinde dahil sa kagagawan ng taong nagbalot ng benda sa kanyang kamay. Kung may kinalaman man si Margarito sa mga kaganapan, siya lang at ang kaniyang konsensiya ang maaaring humarap sa Dakilang Lumikha. Kung nagsisi na siya o humingi ng kapatawaran o dispensa sa bagay na di niya alam o kung may kinalaman man siya, ang mga athletic commissions ng bawat state sa US ang bahalang magbigay ng kaukulang parusa. Nasa kanilang kapangyarihan ang pagbabalik ng kaniyang lisensiya. Bukod doon, kailangan pa rin niyang harapin ang responsibilidad ng sinuman sa kaniyang koponan lalung-lalo na sa mga susunod niyang laban dahil lahat ay magmamasid.

Narinig ko kung paano nagsisi at nakita natin na tinanggal ni Margarito sa kanyang team ang matagal na niyang trainer. Nalaman ko rin na bago na ang koponan ni Margarito at nangangako silang hindi na mauulit ang pandaraya at masamang gawain ng paglalagay ng pampatigas sa kanyang benda. Kailanman ay hindi dapat bigyan pahintulot ang ganitong gawain.

Nasuspindi at hindi siya nakalaban ng mahigit na isang taon mula nang mahuli noong Enero, taong 2009. Kung Patas Ang Laban, TULOY Ang Sagupaan Namin Ni MARGARITO Sa NOV. 13.

Hanggang sa Muling Kumbinasyon. God Bless Us All.

This article is also available at Abante Online.

Send your comments to Manny Pacquiao at mannypacquiao@abante-tonite.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 am 
Heavyweight

+Fellow Filipinos, lets us Unite as One and show our support for MP's next fight against Margarito. :D
MP via 5th rd. brutal and deadly KO/TKO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:01 am 
Heavyweight

Media Tour SET for Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito

LINK: http://www.examiner.com/international-s ... -margarito BY MARV DUMON DATED 2252H 26AUGUST 2010 ET

Media Tour Schedule:

Tuesday, August 31 at 11 a.m. PT: The Beverly Hills Hotel - Rodeo Room, (9641 Sunset Blvd., Beverly Hills, Calif. 90210)

Wednesday, September 1 at 11:30 a.m. ET: Chelsea Piers - Pier 60 (23rd St. & The Hudson River, New York, NY 10011).

Friday, September 3 at 11:30 a.m. CT: Cowboys Stadium - East Plaza (900 East Randol Mill Rd., Arlington, TX 76011).

BUT according to TopRank boss, Bob Arum- they(Arum and Manny) might be going to WASHINGTON, DC on Thursday Sept.2 with the USA Today.
LINK: http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/08/24/a ... ao-expect/ BY LEM SATTERFIELD dated 2017H 24August 2010 ET

Last edited by die hard!!! on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:09 am 
Heavyweight

Pacman-Margarito Tickets

link: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacman- ... kets-57928 BY NICK GIONGCO DATED 28AUGUST 2010

From the deck of a cruise ship docked in the South of France, Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum said that a ringside ticket to the Nov. 13 World Super-Welterweight WBC Title fight between Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito will be retailed at a reasonable $700 a pop. Arum told Manila Bulletin and Fightnews that other tickets will be sold at $500, $300, $200, $100 and $50 for the fight to be held at the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

These were the same prices when Pacquiao fought the last time in March against Joshua Clottey when he drew almost 51,000 spectators.
Arum believes this fight will lure more than 70,000 fans since Margarito has a fan-base in Texas being Mexican and that the event will take place right smack in the (National Football League) season.

This Is Going To Be A Lot Bigger Than The MARCH Fight,” said Arum, who is in the final phase of his two-week European vacation. Arum will be back in the US in time for a three-city press tour that kicks off in Los Angeles on Tuesday. From Hollywood, the traveling circus’ succeeding stops would be New York and Dallas, where Texas billionaire Jerry Jones is rolling out the red carpet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 am 
Heavyweight

Margarito gave Paul Williams a lot of trouble and many thought he won the decision....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 am 
Heavyweight

TheSubversive wrote:
Margarito gave Paul Williams a lot of trouble and many thought he won the decision....

+You have a good point bro, As I observed on that fight, Tony did his best fight/shots in the Later rounds- MayBe the judges favored to score p.Williams ahead of Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:11 am 
Heavyweight

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=177351&hilit=

PACQUIAO-MARGARITO TICKETS on Sale SEPTEMBER 18, 2010!

LINK: http://www.toprank.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =204984106 dtd 29August10

WBC World Super Welterweight Championship

MANNY "PACMAN" PACQUIAO, 51-3-2, 38 KOs, General Santos, Philippines
vs.
ANTONIO "TIJUANA TORNADO" MARGARITO, 38-6, 27 KOs, Tijuana, Mexico

When: Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where: Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

Tickets: Tickets to Pacquiao vs. Margarito, priced at $700, $500, $300, $200, $100, and $50, will go on sale Saturday, September 18 and can be purchased in-person at the Cowboys Stadium box office in Arlington, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.

Television: PACQUIAO vs. MARGARITO will be produced and distributed live on HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT in HD where available at a suggested retail price of $54.95.

Promoter: PACQUIAO vs. MARGARITO will be promoted by Top Rank in association with MP Promotions and Cowboys Stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next