Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:31 pm 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 am 
Heavyweight

Shot of the Day

Chris Farina/Top Rank

link: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/shot-of ... y-80-60907

Three-time world champion Antonio Margarito and trainer Robert Garcia(L) work with the baton in preparation for Margarito’s upcoming mega fight against superstar Manny Pacquiao on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington,Texas. Pacquiao vs Margarito is promoted by Top Rank in association with MP Promotions and Cowboys Stadium. This telecast will be available live on HBO Pay Per View

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:29 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao-Margarito HBO 24/7 Face-Off

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 pm 
Heavyweight

The Buzz: Pacquiao vs. Margarito Press Conference (HBO)

Just Click the Picture below for the Video

link: http://www.hbo.com/boxing#/boxing/fight ... IAbAUXOA==

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:39 am 
Heavyweight

Tale of the Tape! provided by fellow Paclander, Burjim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 am 
Middleweight

thi is going to be a war :boxing:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:37 am 
Heavyweight

rockman-pacman wrote:
thi is going to be a war :boxing:

+Yes bro, a real brawl/slug. With Out a DOUBT. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 am 
Heavyweight

VIDEO! HBO Fall Image 2010 (HBO) HBO | September 27, 2010

Just click the picture below to watch the Video :D Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

WATCH VIDEO! 24/7 PACQUIAO-MARGARITO Trailer (HBO)

HBO | October 06, 2010
Don't miss the HBO four-part reality series 24/7 PACQUIAO MARGARITO premierin...

Just click the picture below to watch the Video. Enjoy! :D

Official Top Rank Promo for Pacquiao vs Margarito

Just click the photo below to watch the Video. Enjoy! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm 
brawler wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
As i observed their fight between Margo and Cotto, IMHO Margo was not using any loaded in his fist/gloves and Cotto was clearly beaten badly by the t.tornado. margo won fair and square.

Wow! I wish I also have x-ray eyes... :shock:

How can I have that x-ray eyes? is it possible to see if ladies are wearing or not wearing underwear? hehehe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 am 
Heavyweight

A war between the Two BRAWLER/SLUGGER , Two Aggressive Fighter, Two Volume Puncher, Two iron chin Fighter, Two Pressure Fighter.
The result will be a sure Brutal, Bloody and Exciting fight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:34 am 
Heavyweight

VIDEO! Antonio Margarito: Freddie Roach, Manny Pacquiao Are Afraid
.10/10/2010 12:41 AM ET By Elie Seckbach

VIDEO linkS:
http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/10/10/a ... re-afraid/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4zjvOa ... _embedded#! by ESNEWS dtd 09Oct.2010

As WBO welterweight (147 pounds) champion Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 knockouts) prepares for his HBO pay per view televised Nov. 13 clash with ex-titlist Antonio Margarito (38-6, 27 KOs) in pursuit of the vacant WBC junior middleweight (154 pounds) crown, Margarito believes that Pacquiao and his trainer, Freddie Roach, truly fear him as a fighter.

Pacquiao has won 12 straight with eight knockouts during that run. Their fight is being promoted by Top Rank Promotions. Margarito was at his trainer, Robert Garcia's, Boxing Academy is Oxnard Calif.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 am 
Heavyweight

VIDEO! Antonio Margarito: Freddie Roach Is Scarred I'll Beat Pacquiao
ESNEWS / 09Oct.2010

Just click the photo below to watch the Video. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:18 am 
Heavyweight

Margarito warns: I'm no Clottey
By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated October 28, 2010 12:00 AM Comments (1)

link: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ar ... egoryId=69
ImageAntonio Margarito

Manny Pacquiao (right) connects with a solid right against Joshua Clottey who barely put up a fight in a boring 12-rounder last March in Dallas.Pacquiao ran away with a unanimous win, and Clottey went home a millionaire.

MANILA, Philippines - Don’t expect Antonio Margarito to do a Joshua Clottey in Texas.

The 5-foot-11 Mexican said from his training camp in Oxnard that he’s an entirely different boxer than the one who fought a boring fight against the Filipino superstar last March.

“I am not Clottey,” Margarito told http://www.diamondboxing.com in a lengthy interview.

Everything Clottey had when he climbed the Cowboys Stadium ring almost eight months ago was a perfect body and the promise that he would engage Pacquiao in a brawl.

But he didn’t live up to that promise and spent the entire night, the whole 12 rounds, defending and covering his face like he loved the smell of leather on his Everlast gloves.

“That was a terrible showing for him (Clottey). I could not understand why he fought the way he did,” said Margarito who watched that fight probably now knowing he would be next for Pacquiao.

“Fight fans should know that is not my style. I am a fighter who throws punches and puts on relentless pressure,” said Margarito who vowed to go non-stop until Pacquiao is on the floor.

The Mexican underdog considers the Nov. 13 showdown for the vacant WBC super-welterweight title “an opportunity of a lifetime” and that he definitely intends “to make the most out of it.”

Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao and Margarito, said the latter knows that if he wins this one “then sky’s the limit.”

Margarito, according to Arum, is guaranteed $3 million for the fight, and Pacquiao, the face of boxing today, $15 million.

Margarito is doing everything or has already done everything to get himself ready for the fight. He chopped wood, ran Mt. Baldy and is expected to spar 170 rounds in training.

He knows that Pacquiao’s speed would be his biggest problem, but added that they’ve found the answer to that.

“Look,” he said, “I know Manny is very quick, but we have a game plan and with that game plan, we will defeat Manny. Manny is going to have a bigger, taller fighter in front of him. A fighter that throws constant punches, a fighter that does not stop putting pressure. We’ll find out how he handles that on fight night.”

From Los Angeles, at the off-limits Wild Card Gym, Pacquiao sparred yesterday, and declared himself fit, able and ready to get it on with the former welterweight champion of the world.

“I feel good, I feel fine, I feel ready to go,” Michael Marley of The Examiner.com quoted Pacquiao as saying.

“All I need to do is maintain my condition, acclimatize to the weather and work on my speed,” Pacquiao added.

Pacquiao is ready when he says he’s ready. But Margarito thinks he’s got it all figured out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:36 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao, Roach Scared of Margarito — Rios
By ERICKSON BECOOctober 27, 2010, 2:40pm

link: http://mb.com.ph/articles/284476/pacqui ... andon-rios

“To me, I think Pacquiao is scared, Freddie Roach is scared and they will try to find an excuse to cancel this fight,” undefeated lightweight boxer Bradon Rios said. (Photo courtesy of Chris Farina/Top Rank/Boxing Scene)MANILA, Philippines — For someone as young and enthusiastic as 24-year-old boxer Brandon Rios, uttering statements against arguably the best tandem in boxing today — that is, welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and trainer Freddie Roach — simply takes a lot of guts and courage to pull off.

The undefeated lightweight (25 wins, 0 losses, 1 draw, 18 via knockouts) recently blurted out a joke saying “Pacman (Manny Pacquiao) and (Freddie) Roach aren't looking for the weigh in — they may be seeking a way out,” as quoted in a post by Michael Marley of The Examiner.

The young boxer even went as far as calling Pacquiao and Roach as “excuse makers.”

“To me, I think Pacquiao is scared, Freddie Roach is scared and they will try to find an excuse to cancel this fight,” Rios was quoted as saying. “Margarito is going to kick Manny's ***. I wonder if they will say that Manny hurt his hand.”

“I think that Manny is scared, I think they'll come up with some injury. Joshua Clottey can't even punch and he was hitting him easy”

Rios was obviously referring to rumors of Pacquiao’s struggles at his training camp in Baguio City, mainly due to the distractions that have been hounding him as of late, most notable of which was his duty as congressman of Sarangani province in Mindanao as what Freddie Roach kept on saying all throughout their stay in the Philippines.

“I would not be surprised if they cancel the fight,” Rios said. “They want us to think Pacquiao isn't working hard so that Margarito will train lightly.

Margarito is reportedly tapering down his training sessions under trainer Roberto Garcia in Oxnard, California, with a little over 15 days left before fight night.

No Rematch Clause in Pacquiao-Margarito Bout
Regardless of the outcome of the November 13 fight between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito, a rematch pitting the two fighters would be a farfetched thought — at least in terms of what the agreed contract says.

Hall of Fame promoter and Top Rank big boss Bob Arum has revealed that there is no rematch clause on either fighter’s contract, as neither fighter has requested for it prior to getting the match done.

However, a second faceoff pitting the two aggressive boxers will depend on the public’s clamor on getting the bout done.

“There’s nothing contractual dealing with a rematch,” the 79-year-old Arum said, in a statement quoted by Boxing Scene’s Lem Satterfield. “In other words, there doesn’t have to be a rematch, and there’s no way that I could compel a rematch.”

“But if Margarito were to win, and they wanted to go at it again, both of them, then that would be terrific.”

Margarito, just like Pacquiao, is being handled and promoted by Arum’s boxing outfit, Top Rank Promotions. With that being the case, it is assumed that there will be no major hindrances in setting up another fight between the two should Margarito succeeds in pulling off an upset against the smaller but heavily favored Pacquiao.

Ian Palmer, writing for the Opposing Views website, has this to say on the Pacquiao-Margarito rematch issue:

"Most boxing fans feel pound-for-pound boxing king Manny Pacquiao is basically in a no-lose situation when he takes on Antonio Margarito of Mexico Nov. 13 in Dallas, Texas. If the Filipino boxing sensation should win, he’d be taking home his eighth world title in eight different weight classes -- the bout is for the WBC Super Welterweight title at a catch weight of 151 lbs.

If he loses, fans will point to the fact Pacquiao is much smaller than Margarito in size, height, and reach, etc. And Pac-Man has come up in weight to take on a natural welterweight and much bigger man..."

Sources:
The Examiner
Boxing Scene
Opposing Views

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next