Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:17 pm 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:
LOL u provided a wiki link even the link u provide agrees with me wiki call idenetical twins as clones LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I really hate to say this line but i'll say it anyway "I TOLD YOU SO!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

eto o sabi ng link nya sa wiki...

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human (not usually referring to monozygotic multiple births), human cell, or human tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction. There are two commonly discussed types of human cloning: therapeutic cloning and reproductive cloning. Therapeutic cloning involves cloning cells from an adult for use in medicine and is an active area of research, while reproductive cloning would involve making cloned humans. Such reproductive cloning has not been performed and is illegal in many countries. A third type of cloning called replacement cloning is a theoretical possibility, and would be a combination of therapeutic and reproductive cloning. Replacement cloning would entail the replacement of an extensively damaged, failed, or failing body through cloning followed by whole or partial brain transplant.

tapos mali daw ako pag sinabi ko identical twins are clones LOL

You missed the most important statement which I highlighted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:21 pm 
Heavyweight

cloning will NEVER result to exactly the same as the original. here's the proof : :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:29 pm 
Heavyweight

i told you so. never clone a person. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
boris wrote:

so how did u interpret ur wiki? the word "not usually referring"? come on lay ur cards LOL u didn't answer my question prove to me embryo cloning is not cloning at all...i know u can't u can u? u cant find any journal supporting ur claims... :?

and by the way if u just continue reading the link u provide ul read this...

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human (not usually referring to monozygotic multiple births), human cell, or human tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cloning

but of course knowing ur talent in censorship well im not surprised...

were you able to read this:
Wilmut I, Beaujean N, de Sousa PA, et al. (October 2002). "Somatic cell nuclear transfer". Nature 419 (6907): 583–6. doi:10.1038/nature01079. PMID 12374931.

you'll see that identical twins (or what popular science calls "natural human clones') are different in terms of cytoplasmic DNA.

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human (not usually referring to monozygotic multiple births), human cell, or human tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace[/size, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.

So it is settled that the term "human cloning" is not generally used for identical twins.

wow now ur contradicting ur previous statement that's what im saying b4 ur only echoing LOL have u forgot i said identical twins have different mitochondrial DNA but u said other wise u said they are u said twins have the same nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA now ur saying ur wrong? :? Ano ba talaga proff? LOL

this is exactly what u said.... "In identical twins, the zygote separates into two genetically identical cells which develop into two genetically identical individuals. These twins are identical both in nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA."

page 3 of this thread :? Damn ur screwing urself up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:05 pm 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:
genetophile wrote:
boris wrote:

so how did u interpret ur wiki? the word "not usually referring"? come on lay ur cards LOL u didn't answer my question prove to me embryo cloning is not cloning at all...i know u can't u can u? u cant find any journal supporting ur claims... :?

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human (not usually referring to monozygotic multiple births), human cell, or human tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.

Wilmut I, Beaujean N, de Sousa PA, et al. (October 2002). "Somatic cell nuclear transfer". Nature 419 (6907): 583–6. doi:10.1038/nature01079. PMID 12374931.

you'll see that identical twins (or what popular science calls "natural human clones') are different in terms of cytoplasmic DNA.

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human (not usually referring to monozygotic multiple births), human cell, or human tissue. The ethics of cloning is an extremely controversial issue. The term is generally used to refer to artificial human cloning; human clones in the form of identical twins are commonplace[/size, with their cloning occurring during the natural process of reproduction.

So it is settled that the term "human cloning" is not generally used for identical twins.

wow now ur contradicting ur previous statement that's what im saying b4 ur only echoing LOL have u forgot i said identical twins have different mitochondrial DNA but u said other wise u said they are u said twins have the same nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA now ur saying ur wrong? :? Ano ba talaga proff? LOL

this is exactly what u said.... "In identical twins, the zygote separates into two genetically identical cells which develop into two genetically identical individuals. These twins are identical both in nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA."

Bro, may you also post your credentials as regards to genetics? This is quite an interesting discussion and I want to know the credentials of both protagonists.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:08 pm 
Heavyweight

this is a wow thread

Learning and progress comes from being open minded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
Bro, may you also post your credentials as regards to genetics? This is quite an interesting discussion and I want to know the credentials of both protagonists.

i really don't have to im not here to impress anyone with my credentials hell u can be anybody in the net u can always say ur a genetic authority just add few genetic jargons on ur post then whalahhh ur an instant Einstein LOL...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm 
Welterweight

it's like raising a dog and playing god :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 pm 
Lightweight

mmm... im contemplating about the
power of man?

yes, the power of procreation....

but do we really have the power to create life??

or we're only good in imitation??
but can never conquer death...

why?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

aristotle wrote:
mmm... im contemplating about the
power of man?

yes, the power of procreation....

but do we really have the power to create life??

or we're only good in imitation??
but can never conquer death...

why?

LOL conquer death? according to one very famous physicist we are type 0 civilization LOL we source our energy primarily from fossils of dead plants and animals and ur asking if we can conquer death? maybe if humans reach type 4 civilization who knows (theoretically speaking). But CERN with their so called LHC said they will finally explain the origin of the universe the origin of everything LOL they hope to emulate the big bang LOL sounds science fiction but who knows...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm 
Bantamweight

http://www.golden-fist.blogspot.com

Of course, there's no way to do that, although science has proven it's ligitimate, but many consider cloning is still beyond human parameters. But training and developing some boxers to become Manny someday is possible. I think a lot of rising pinoy pugs are now on the same tempo when it comes to the possibility of achieving what manny did. Although it is considered a phenomenal, the secret of Manny's rise to stardom at par with the likes of Kobe, Michael Jordan, and David Bechham, is really more on "heart and determination."

What do you think? Visit the blog above and voice out your opinion. Get involved and be counted. This is the simplest way to help young and upcoming Manny Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:47 pm 
Welterweight

Bravo to these people who are 'arguing' on this topic' though this is quite technical esp on scientific terms...

we appreciate their wittiness! :lol:

Based on the readings from the nose-bleeding, "banging" and "exchanging of words" as well as their sharing of knowledge and information - they are like sharp swords piercing each other --:shock:

we're proud of you..

pacland is proud of you!

though few may have given their 'side comments' and charging you to be just 'boasting and displaying of self-laudiness of intelligence'

yet, it's very clear...

that PACLAND HAVE UNDISPUTED THINKERS AND BRILLIANT MEMBERS HERE!

Bravo!

more power guys! we learn a lot from you :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:52 pm 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:
genetophile wrote:
boris wrote:

Oops, sorry bro. It should be:

you'll see that identical twins (or what popular science calls "natural human clones') are not different in terms of cytoplasmic DNA.

This is as compared to reproductive cloning, where cytoplasmic DNA of the original and the clone differ.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 pm 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:
mysql wrote:

i really don't have to im not here to impress anyone with my credentials hell u can be anybody in the net u can always say ur a genetic authority just add few genetic jargons on ur post then whalahhh ur an instant Einstein LOL...

Einstein was a geneticist??? Wow, that's new.
I was probably absent when in class when this was discussed. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:03 pm 
Heavyweight

PAGE 3
boris wrote:

So basically the result artificial cloning wants to produced is an identical twin two organism with the same DNA genotype

The same...

PAGE 2
boris wrote:
The mitochondrial genes in monozygotic twins can be as different as they are between dizygotic (non-identical) twins.

Then different...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next