Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Maiba tayo...

Speaking of cloning, Pacquiao's fights on DVD are always cloned by film pirates.

Masaya karamihan dyan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
Oops, sorry bro. It should be:

you'll see that identical twins (or what popular science calls "natural human clones') are not different in terms of cytoplasmic DNA.

This is as compared to reproductive cloning, where cytoplasmic DNA of the original and the clone differ.

ohh so ur correcting urself? :)

oh okay so u ur saying its not accurate to say Mitochondrial is DNA passed on to the child by Mom. A fertilized egg will have Mom's mitochondrial DNA, half of Mom's nuclear DNA, and half of Dad's nuclear DNA. When the fertilized egg splits into two, the twins will each have identical nuclear DNA, but not EXACTLY identical mitochondrial DNA. Physical differences in identical twins are contributed, in part, to how much and how similar the mitochondrial DNA each twin inherited from Mom expresses itself. U dont believe in that?

layman's term okay...

How twins developed

fertized egg = will have moms mitochondrial DNA, 50% dad nuclear DNA 50% Moms Nuclear DNA

now in identical twins the fertilized egg splits into two for some unknown reason Now twins will have the same source of Mitochondrial DNA and same source of Nuclear DNA they will have identical Nuclear DNA ok but they will not have identical Mitochondrial DNA period. They have the same source yes the mother but will it be identical when it splits? hell no! In fact differences on identical twins can be traced on these differences. You should know that ur a genetic expert right? that's basic. How can a person who claims hes into the field of genetics say something this? "These twins are identical both in nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA." You know its wrong! geeezzz

this is what u said...

"However, we geneticists usually recognize dissimilarity in cytoplasmic DNA composition by nucleotide differences between two cytoplasmic genomes being compared, not the unequal number of mitochondria (and hence mtDNA). So two daughter cells with differences in the number of mitochondria are considered alloplasmic. In the course of the cell cycle, the mitochondria will replicate anyway. Even cells in your body undergoing mitosis will have different mtDNA distributed among them.

Therefore, I am correct when I say that identical twins have the same cytoplasmic or mitochondrial DNA, even if they have unequal number of the organelle."

They have the same (source) yes they coz it came from the mother they have the same source no question but will it be identical when that same Mitochondrial DNA split? hell no! as u said they well have unequal number of organelle how can an mitochondrial DNA with unequal number of organelle identical?.But on ur first post u didn't say the same u said Identical how could a geneticist missed that? again this is what u said...

Define "identical" pleaseeeee

""These twins are identical both in nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA."

And i say that's a screwed up genetic fact!

by the way Wilmut I, Beaujean N, de Sousa PA, et al. (October 2002). "Somatic cell nuclear transfer". Nature 419 (6907): 583–6. doi:10.1038/nature01079. PMID 12374931. talk about Somatic cell nuclear transfer it doent say you cant call identical twins clone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
boris wrote:
mysql wrote:
Bro, may you also post your credentials as regards to genetics? This is quite an interesting discussion and I want to know the credentials of both protagonists.

i really don't have to im not here to impress anyone with my credentials hell u can be anybody in the net u can always say ur a genetic authority just add few genetic jargons on ur post then whalahhh ur an instant Einstein LOL...

Einstein was a geneticist??? Wow, that's new.
I was probably absent when in class when this was discussed. :lol:

"Einstein" is sarcastic way of telling of a person whose "felling genius" it doesn't mean to say Einstein is a geneticist geezz do i really have to explain everything?

Nyways i guess its about time to end the discussion i made every simple possible explanation i can came up with but we simply not don't agree on some points lets just leave it at that...

nyways nice discussion i should say my apology for some harsh words...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Afighter2U wrote:
I think its quite possible to physically clone Manny, but how do you clone a person's soul? For anyone to make another manny, one must not only copy every physical aspect of the man, but also make him go through EVERYTHING Manny went through.

He must make the same decisions, have the same experiences, (had his father eat his dog in front of him), etc., etc.,...

Heck, even copying a person's preferences is a big question mark.

What's the use of copying Manny, when his clone could end up just wanting to be a writer?

What if scientists end up making a perfect clone, only for him to end up a lover and not a fighter?

dude it's easier than you think. all we need is to let the clones spend at least 5 years in munti. it sure beats EVERYTHING that manny went through.

catchy aint it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:43 pm 
Lightweight

I can't help it.. as much as I would like to stay away from threads like this, this has got to be the craziest post I have read. I mean wtf... what drugs did you take to come up with this. This has got to be the Trolliest post ever...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:
genetophile wrote:
boris wrote:

i really don't have to im not here to impress anyone with my credentials hell u can be anybody in the net u can always say ur a genetic authority just add few genetic jargons on ur post then whalahhh ur an instant Einstein LOL...

Einstein was a geneticist??? Wow, that's new.
I was probably absent when in class when this was discussed. :lol:

"Einstein" is sarcastic way of telling of a person whose "felling genius" it doesn't mean to say Einstein is a geneticist geezz do i really have to explain everything?

Nyways i guess its about time to end the discussion i made every simple possible explanation i can came up with but we simply not don't agree on some points lets just leave it at that...

nyways nice discussion i should say my apology for some harsh words...

You could have used Watson or Crick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 am 
Heavyweight

boris wrote:

Define "identical" pleaseeeee

""These twins are identical both in nuclear DNA and cytoplasmic DNA."

And i say that's a screwed up genetic fact!

You can't use layman "identical" when discussing science.

IDENTICAL here, in the context of this molecular genetics topic, would mean SIMILAR NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCES.

When a zygote (or any other cell) divides, mitochondria are unequally distributed and each cell would get different amounts of mtDNA. But each mtDNA inside the mitochondria are identical in nucleotide sequences (assume no mutations).

That, my friend is what we mean by "identical."

boris wrote:
by the way Wilmut I, Beaujean N, de Sousa PA, et al. (October 2002). "Somatic cell nuclear transfer". Nature 419 (6907): 583–6. doi:10.1038/nature01079. PMID 12374931. talk about Somatic cell nuclear transfer it doent say you cant call identical twins clone.

I was hoping that a technical journal article will clear your mind about cytoplasmic genes so that from there, you can conclude that human reproductive cloning IS DIFFERENT from identical twinning with respect to mitochondrial genetics.

Were you able to read the article?

You can't Google about molecular genetics and then claim to be knowledgeable about it. You need at least BIO201 and MBB201 and beyond. You still in BIO30? Or not even BIO30?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:

Bro, may you also post your credentials as regards to genetics? This is quite an interesting discussion and I want to know the credentials of both protagonists.

Bro, yung digital media cloning na lang pag-usapan natin.

DVD! DVD! DVD!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 pm 
Heavyweight

genetophile wrote:
mysql wrote:

Bro, yung digital media cloning na lang pag-usapan natin.

DVD! DVD! DVD!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just wanted to know credentials to lend some credibility to this discussion. You yourself said that you're a professor (which is yet to be verified), so I want to know what Boris is. But he doesn't want to say his credentials so I respect that also.

:celebrate:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

there may not be pacman clones but there's a lot of pacman clowns.

catchy aint it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:54 am 
Heavyweight

Can you imagine what someone who just happens to drop by Pacland would think when he reads this thread?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 am 
Cruiserweight

Barabarabay wrote:
Can you imagine what someone who just happens to drop by Pacland would think when he reads this thread?

Yes, that Pacland minds are thinking minds with quite good imaginations.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Was this ever settled?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:34 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
Was this ever settled?

hukay ka na naman bro! :lol:

what a thread! what a debate with boris!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:47 pm 
Welterweight

as long that there is a sterrroooidds yes we can!!

just joking :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next