Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 am 
Middleweight

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ar ... goryId=200

Pacquiao: Mayweather doesn't want to fight me
(philstar.com) Updated October 30, 2009 10:46 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his bout with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment on Thursday to consider his chances of fighting pay-per-view king Mayweather in what would be an extremely lucrative bout for both fighters.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao says. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Pacquiao says Mayweather treats boxing too much like a business and doesn't care about entertainment value for his fans. Pacquiao is known for his crowd-pleasing style, while Mayweather is boxing's most accomplished tactician.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 am 
Heavyweight

Yeah.... that fight is very difficult to negotiate. Second option would most probably be Sugar Shane.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

could this be considered as manny calling out floyd??? if that's the case then floyd has no more excuses, he should fight manny now, but heck his a chicken... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 am 
Cruiserweight

Heck Floyd wants no piece of any legit POWER punchers with speed like Sugar Shane, Cotto, let alone Manny Pacquaio.

The names of these 3 fighters scare Floyd to death like a Halloween Vampire he knows will chew him up alive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:16 am 
Middleweight

in your face. . ! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 am 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao is developing a swagger.. i love it. The ball is on your court now Pretty Boy. What you gonna do?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

Retz wrote:
Yeah.... that fight is very difficult to negotiate. Second option would most probably be Sugar Shane.

if Pack beats Cutto, Pac, Mosley wouldn't be that exciting anymore (although i would wanna see it)...Marquez would still be interesting, just so that he could knock him out this time for good...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

There's no need for Manny Pacquiao to say that..

The whole world, intergalactic, interplanetary, knows by heart and mind that Fraud will run away from Pacman..

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

Flash A wrote:
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=518908&publicationSubCategoryId=200

Pacquiao: Mayweather doesn't want to fight me
(philstar.com) Updated October 30, 2009 10:46 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his bout with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment on Thursday to consider his chances of fighting pay-per-view king Mayweather in what would be an extremely lucrative bout for both fighters.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao says. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Pacquiao says Mayweather treats boxing too much like a business and doesn't care about entertainment value for his fans. Pacquiao is known for his crowd-pleasing style, while Mayweather is boxing's most accomplished tactician.

===========================================================

Is it just me or some of you peeps can read between the lines that Manny Pac is underestimating the task at hand - defeat Cotto first before any talks of Mayweather would materialize. I have this feeling that Manny is totally underestimating Cotto; he is acting as if his fight with Miguel would be another repeat of Ricky Hatton....if he thinks that way, he is in for a rude awakening! Even if he wins, I don't think he will come out scratch free; he might opt not to show up in his concert (another sign of confidence or too much of it)?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:28 am 
Heavyweight

Skillz340 wrote:
Manny Pacquiao is developing a swagger.. i love it. The ball is on your court now Pretty Boy. What you gonna do?

Fraud will either jump to MMA or concoct another fake retirement..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:29 am 
Heavyweight

Well said. Now, PBF has to steal Pac's dog if he wants a mega-fight with MannyPac 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:29 am 
Featherweight

Because of this development, don't be surprise
if little floyd will announce a rematch with
Marquez on or before the fight of Pac vs. Cotto
as an excuse :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

:shock:
now he's talking!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am 
Bantamweight

I'm sure Mayweather Jr. will announce the day of Pacman-Cotto weigh-in that he'll fight Calderon from Puerto Rico. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 am 
Heavyweight

complete article..

Pacquiao calls out Mayweather

LOS ANGELES -- Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his meeting with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14 in Las Vegas, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment Thursday to evaluate his chances of fighting Mayweather, the unbeaten pay-per-view king. Although the matchup almost certainly would be a financial bonanza for both fighters, Pacquiao thinks fans shouldn't hold their breath.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao said. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Mayweather has been circumspect about his plans for his next bout, saying only that he has never ducked anybody and would consider any opponent. In his comeback bout from a 21-month layoff, Mayweather demolished Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19 in a fight that generated more than 1 million pay-per-view buys.

Mayweather's advisers claim they haven't ruled out a bout with Pacquiao, likely among the world's few fighters who could match Money's speed. But the Filipino champion has surprisingly strong opinions about why it won't happen.

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer."

If Mayweather and Pacquiao don't make a deal, Sugar Shane Mosley has been outspoken in his desire to fight Mayweather, even calling him out in the ring moments after his victory over Marquez. Mosley is slated to meet welterweight champion Andre Berto in Las Vegas in January.

After arriving in California last Saturday, Pacquiao has been ramping up his training regimen this week while also battling jet lag that forced him to sleep for about 20 hours on Wednesday, wiping out a day of training. Because of tax issues, Pacquiao's camp began in Manila and moved to Hollywood later than trainer Freddie Roach usually prefers.

"I'm not worried about it, because he's always known how to block everything out," Roach said. "If anybody can do it, he can."

Pacquiao looked fairly sharp while sparring 11 rounds Thursday at Roach's Wild Card Gym in front of a small group of spectators including Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest and his father, Ron Sr., both avid boxing fans and Pacquiao admirers.

Pacquiao will spar 12 rounds on Saturday before gradually scaling back in preparation for his trip to Las Vegas to meet Cotto, the once-beaten welterweight champion whose combination of size and strength will be unlike anything the former flyweight champion has faced. Cotto is in camp in Tampa. Fla., before traveling to the West Coast next week.

"I consider this one of the hardest fights in my boxing career," Pacquiao said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... pn_4607169

-----------------------
BoxingTV.org (Pacquiao-Cotto Live!)

Last edited by RNHalawi on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.