Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 am 
Welterweight

Well, I'm still hoping that one day this fight will push through. Despite all of these disagreements that's happening right now.

By Cardinal John Newman (A convert to Catholicism from the Anglican Church).

"We are Catholics, welcome home..."

catholic.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:41 am 
Welterweight

Whoo hooo! way to go MP :celebrate:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 am 
Welterweight

If Pac wins convincingly against Kyuto (say a K.O.), surely Gayrunner will avoid Pac like a plague, like he always do... he'd rather give JMM a rematch than fight Pac... :lol: :lol: he'll find excuses not to fight Pac, he will ask a horrendous 80-20 sharing in his favor, he will say he's very busy writing scripts for the WWE... or he will go into world tour and fight non-descript fighters of his liking... he will still earn money without fighting Pac anyway and preserve his undefeated record in the process... Trans: Leave Gayrunner alone, he's a joke!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:52 am 
Middleweight

I wish Manny would've said those things AFTER his fight with Cotto.

FOCUS MANNY! FOCUS!

GO MANNY!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:53 am 
Welterweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
===========================================================

Is it just me or some of you peeps can read between the lines that Manny Pac is underestimating the task at hand - defeat Cotto first before any talks of Mayweather would materialize. I have this feeling that Manny is totally underestimating Cotto; he is acting as if his fight with Miguel would be another repeat of Ricky Hatton....if he thinks that way, he is in for a rude awakening! Even if he wins, I don't think he will come out scratch free; he might opt not to show up in his concert (another sign of confidence or too much of it)?

I beg to disagree.. If Manny loses to Cotto.. A fight with Mayweather is easier to put together because I'm pretty sure Manny would take the lower piece of the pie due to a previous lost..

Now if Manny beats Cotto.. How can you even imagine a negotiation.. Both camp would want more piece of the pie..

Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather and "MONEY" Pacquiao would not settle for less.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

this is what ive been waiting for from pac although it's still an indirect invitation to fight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:04 pm 
Welterweight

I want to see it in video saying it..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:06 pm 
Heavyweight

:D keep it up manny....

:snoring:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

bryant wrote:
Skillz340 wrote:
Manny Pacquiao is developing a swagger.. i love it. The ball is on your court now Pretty Boy. What you gonna do?

Fraud will either jump to MMA or concoct another fake retirement..

Mayweather won't go to MMA for 2 reasons:

1. It doesn't pay enough.
2. He knows he'd get his *** kicked.

A few years ago, he talked a bunch of **** on the UFC and Dana White offered him a fight with the, at the time, lightweight champion Sean Sherk. Shortly thereafter, Sherk defended his belt and Mayweather made an apologetic statement saying he respects MMA and what the fighters do in that sport. No way he wanted a piece of the "Muscle Shark". Shrek would demolish Mayweather within 90 seconds in a cage or street fight. There's no comparison between a world class boxer and a world class grappler in an "anything goes" fight like MMA.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:33 pm 
Heavyweight

I hope and pray that MP's next fight on march 13 2010 will be against Shane mosley for the LINEAL, WBC, WBA & WBO and maybe for the vacant RING MAG 147LBS "UNDISPUTED WELTERWEIGHT MEGA FIGHT" if the latter going to win against andre berto by january.

forget that PBF!!!

then by october 2010, MP will hopefully going up against Antonio margarito,,,or Julio cesar chaver jr for the possible WBC 154 LBS title,,,if sergio martinez will vacate it...

ok ba mga bro's ???

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

Forget Moneymay...

if Manny wins(hopefully) his 7th title,Moneymays legacy will be eclipsed by Mannys achievement..So, no need to fight PBF..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm 
Welterweight

Floyd Jr, Floyd Sr, and all their people and supporters know that they will always have the bragging rights for as long as Manny does not beat Floyd Jr. They will always point out to Floyd's 0 loss compared to Manny's 3 losses. So, the best way to always be considered one of the best if not the best is to not lose. They will stay away from Manny! PERIOD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm 
Middleweight

Why does everybody want Manny to fight Mayweather in the first place? I honestly never understood that. Floyd hasn't even proven himself worthy of fighting Manny. Making a little guy come up to 147lbs AND paying $600,000 just to make sure he's bigger than the little guy so he can beat him doesn't prove jack s h i t. I thought Manny only fights the best fighters? He doesn't fight weaker fighters. Shane can bring WAY more to the table than Floyd can.
Therefore, it's better for Manny to fight Shane (assuming Manny will beat Cotto and Shane will beat Berto) because he'd have a chance at two more welterweight titles and would place him clearly as THE #1 Welterweight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

gwapz wrote:
Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
===========================================================

Is it just me or some of you peeps can read between the lines that Manny Pac is underestimating the task at hand - defeat Cotto first before any talks of Mayweather would materialize. I have this feeling that Manny is totally underestimating Cotto; he is acting as if his fight with Miguel would be another repeat of Ricky Hatton....if he thinks that way, he is in for a rude awakening! Even if he wins, I don't think he will come out scratch free; he might opt not to show up in his concert (another sign of confidence or too much of it)?

I beg to disagree.. If Manny loses to Cotto.. A fight with Mayweather is easier to put together because I'm pretty sure Manny would take the lower piece of the pie due to a previous lost..

Now if Manny beats Cotto.. How can you even imagine a negotiation.. Both camp would want more piece of the pie..

Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather and "MONEY" Pacquiao would not settle for less.

===================================================================

No, you got it from the point of view of making the fight happen. Don't you know that if Manny loses to Cotto, especially if one sided, a Mayweather fight would lose its sting; it's glitter; it's appeal? There would be no demand for Pacquiao vs Floyd if Manny loses; fans would ask for Cotto vs Floyd instead.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Skillz340 wrote:
Manny Pacquiao is developing a swagger.. i love it. The ball is on your court now Pretty Boy. What you gonna do?

Duck as usual 8)

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next