Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
gwapz wrote:
Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
===========================================================

Is it just me or some of you peeps can read between the lines that Manny Pac is underestimating the task at hand - defeat Cotto first before any talks of Mayweather would materialize. I have this feeling that Manny is totally underestimating Cotto; he is acting as if his fight with Miguel would be another repeat of Ricky Hatton....if he thinks that way, he is in for a rude awakening! Even if he wins, I don't think he will come out scratch free; he might opt not to show up in his concert (another sign of confidence or too much of it)?

I beg to disagree.. If Manny loses to Cotto.. A fight with Mayweather is easier to put together because I'm pretty sure Manny would take the lower piece of the pie due to a previous lost..

Now if Manny beats Cotto.. How can you even imagine a negotiation.. Both camp would want more piece of the pie..

Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather and "MONEY" Pacquiao would not settle for less.

===================================================================

No, you got it from the point of view of making the fight happen. Don't you know that if Manny loses to Cotto, especially if one sided, a Mayweather fight would lose its sting; it's glitter; it's appeal? There would be no demand for Pacquiao vs Floyd if Manny loses; fans would ask for Cotto vs Floyd instead.

IMHO bro, even IF cotto wins against MP,,,PBF will NEVER fight him(cotto) even IF the boxing world will demand for it. IMHO even IF HBO will shell out $50million purse money in favor of pbf,,,coz the TRUTH is PBF is AFRAID that his "0" record may got to go. I believe you have followed pbf in choosing opponents???

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
Flash A wrote:
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=518908&publicationSubCategoryId=200

Pacquiao: Mayweather doesn't want to fight me
(philstar.com) Updated October 30, 2009 10:46 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his bout with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment on Thursday to consider his chances of fighting pay-per-view king Mayweather in what would be an extremely lucrative bout for both fighters.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao says. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Pacquiao says Mayweather treats boxing too much like a business and doesn't care about entertainment value for his fans. Pacquiao is known for his crowd-pleasing style, while Mayweather is boxing's most accomplished tactician.

Is it just me or some of you peeps can read between the lines that Manny Pac is underestimating the task at hand - defeat Cotto first before any talks of Mayweather would materialize. I have this feeling that Manny is totally underestimating Cotto; he is acting as if his fight with Miguel would be another repeat of Ricky Hatton....if he thinks that way, he is in for a rude awakening! Even if he wins, I don't think he will come out scratch free; he might opt not to show up in his concert (another sign of confidence or too much of it)?

Just because Manny said those things, you presume right away that he is underestimating Cotto? In many of the questions asked on him about Cotto, it's obviously clear, Manny is focused on this fight with Cotto. Maybe Manny just wanted to say this statement about FMJ, once and for all. So he could focus on the task at hand. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 pm 
Heavyweight

triumph wrote:
I wish Manny would've said those things AFTER his fight with Cotto.

FOCUS MANNY! FOCUS!

GO MANNY!

As if Manny has been distracted and not focused in this fight against Cotto. Just because he answered those questions. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 pm 
Middleweight

Sorry Manny, Gayweather vs Ivan Calderon next

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

after manny pacquiao wins over cotto... and if no one will fight him by next year...
i will volunteer to fight PACMAN by mid of APRIL 2010...
right now... i will start my training against my idol...

My prediction... round 3 KO by me :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

This is an example of mind games. Defeat the opponent before the fight happens or the bell rings for round 1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kano PacMan Fan wrote:
bryant wrote:
Skillz340 wrote:
Manny Pacquiao is developing a swagger.. i love it. The ball is on your court now Pretty Boy. What you gonna do?

Fraud will either jump to MMA or concoct another fake retirement..

Mayweather won't go to MMA for 2 reasons:

1. It doesn't pay enough.
2. He knows he'd get his *** kicked.

A few years ago, he talked a bunch of **** on the UFC and Dana White offered him a fight with the, at the time, lightweight champion Sean Sherk. Shortly thereafter, Sherk defended his belt and Mayweather made an apologetic statement saying he respects MMA and what the fighters do in that sport. No way he wanted a piece of the "Muscle Shark". Shrek would demolish Mayweather within 90 seconds in a cage or street fight. There's no comparison between a world class boxer and a world class grappler in an "anything goes" fight like MMA.

why the .f.uck stupid people keep associating UFC and MMA to street fight? UFC or MMA is not a street fight! and street fight is not UFC/MMA, anything goes my a$$ only a complete retard will say that, in street fight u can head butt ur opponent ! u can kick his balls! U can bite him! u can grab anything and use it as a weapon and in most cases everyone has a weapon in street fight! u can even use bar-q-stick as a weapon! u can poke someones eyes in a street fight can u do that in UFC/MMA? If there is a fighting style designed for street fight i say its Filipino Kali because the technique involves use of anything u can grab as a weapon!. Floyd wont last 9 sec in a street fight? LOL he will just get his freakin gun and shot any MMA mofo's a$$ LOL...UFC?MMA style jiu jitsu wont work in real world street fight STUPID write that down!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:26 pm 
Middleweight

Did Manny say those things? :shock: :shock:

PBF is in trouble right now. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 pm 
Heavyweight

RNHalawi wrote:
complete article..

Pacquiao calls out Mayweather

LOS ANGELES -- Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his meeting with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14 in Las Vegas, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment Thursday to evaluate his chances of fighting Mayweather, the unbeaten pay-per-view king. Although the matchup almost certainly would be a financial bonanza for both fighters, Pacquiao thinks fans shouldn't hold their breath.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao said. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Mayweather has been circumspect about his plans for his next bout, saying only that he has never ducked anybody and would consider any opponent. In his comeback bout from a 21-month layoff, Mayweather demolished Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19 in a fight that generated more than 1 million pay-per-view buys.

Mayweather's advisers claim they haven't ruled out a bout with Pacquiao, likely among the world's few fighters who could match Money's speed. But the Filipino champion has surprisingly strong opinions about why it won't happen.

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer."

If Mayweather and Pacquiao don't make a deal, Sugar Shane Mosley has been outspoken in his desire to fight Mayweather, even calling him out in the ring moments after his victory over Marquez. Mosley is slated to meet welterweight champion Andre Berto in Las Vegas in January.

After arriving in California last Saturday, Pacquiao has been ramping up his training regimen this week while also battling jet lag that forced him to sleep for about 20 hours on Wednesday, wiping out a day of training. Because of tax issues, Pacquiao's camp began in Manila and moved to Hollywood later than trainer Freddie Roach usually prefers.

"I'm not worried about it, because he's always known how to block everything out," Roach said. "If anybody can do it, he can."

Pacquiao looked fairly sharp while sparring 11 rounds Thursday at Roach's Wild Card Gym in front of a small group of spectators including Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest and his father, Ron Sr., both avid boxing fans and Pacquiao admirers.

Pacquiao will spar 12 rounds on Saturday before gradually scaling back in preparation for his trip to Las Vegas to meet Cotto, the once-beaten welterweight champion whose combination of size and strength will be unlike anything the former flyweight champion has faced. Cotto is in camp in Tampa. Fla., before traveling to the West Coast next week.

"I consider this one of the hardest fights in my boxing career," Pacquiao said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... pn_4607169

first time I saw you post a direct link.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:20 pm 
Lightweight

"Boxing for him is like a business, He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets plenty of money.... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer." by Manny Pacquiao

Best quotes by far, from Pacman.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
Flash A wrote:
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=518908&publicationSubCategoryId=200

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his bout with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment on Thursday to consider his chances of fighting pay-per-view king Mayweather in what would be an extremely lucrative bout for both fighters.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao says. "I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Pacquiao says Mayweather treats boxing too much like a business and doesn't care about entertainment value for his fans. Pacquiao is known for his crowd-pleasing style, while Mayweather is boxing's most accomplished tactician.

He is just saying what he think of FraudMayweather. Kasabot?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:28 pm 
Middleweight

:box: :box: :box: :swordplay:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
Flash A wrote:

+More than 4 years already and Floyd still doesn't want to fight MP. He's too scared !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm 
Heavyweight

jowziepogi wrote:
Did Manny say those things? :shock: :shock:

PBF is in trouble right now. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

+Yes! Here's the link and complete article:

Pacquiao calls out Mayweather

Updated: October 29, 2009, 11:27 PM ET
Associated Press
Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... pn_4607169

LOS ANGELES -- Manny Pacquiao believes the biggest potential fight in boxing will never happen because Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants no part of him.

Pacquiao is training in Hollywood for his meeting with Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14 in Las Vegas, but the pound-for-pound champion spared a moment Thursday to evaluate his chances of fighting Mayweather, the unbeaten pay-per-view king. Although the matchup almost certainly would be a financial bonanza for both fighters, Pacquiao thinks fans shouldn't hold their breath.

"I don't think it's going to happen," Pacquiao said."I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

Mayweather has been circumspect about his plans for his next bout, saying only that he has never ducked anybody and would consider any opponent. In his comeback bout from a 21-month layoff, Mayweather demolished Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19 in a fight that generated more than 1 million pay-per-view buys.

Mayweather's advisers claim they haven't ruled out a bout with Pacquiao, likely among the world's few fighters who could match Money's speed. But the Filipino champion has surprisingly strong opinions about why it won't happen.

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer."

If Mayweather and Pacquiao don't make a deal, Sugar Shane Mosley has been outspoken in his desire to fight Mayweather, even calling him out in the ring moments after his victory over Marquez. Mosley is slated to meet welterweight champion Andre Berto in Las Vegas in January.

After arriving in California last Saturday, Pacquiao has been ramping up his training regimen this week while also battling jet lag that forced him to sleep for about 20 hours on Wednesday, wiping out a day of training. Because of tax issues, Pacquiao's camp began in Manila and moved to Hollywood later than trainer Freddie Roach usually prefers.

"I'm not worried about it, because he's always known how to block everything out," Roach said. "If anybody can do it, he can."

Pacquiao looked fairly sharp while sparring 11 rounds Thursday at Roach's Wild Card Gym in front of a small group of spectators including Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest and his father, Ron Sr., both avid boxing fans and Pacquiao admirers.

Pacquiao will spar 12 rounds on Saturday before gradually scaling back in preparation for his trip to Las Vegas to meet Cotto, the once-beaten welterweight champion whose combination of size and strength will be unlike anything the former flyweight champion has faced. Cotto is in camp in Tampa. Fla., before traveling to the West Coast next week.

"I consider this one of the hardest fights in my boxing career," Pacquiao said.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:13 pm 
Cruiserweight

King Floyd will never run out of freakin' alibis to fight Pacquiao. IT WAS PROVEN AND STILL THE SAME OLE STORY COME BY AND NEVER GET OLD.

Breaking news that really breaks the heart of his followers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next