Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:47 pm 
Welterweight

in a post-fight interview, floyd mayweather sr. candidly said that his son would whoop manny, yet he would advise him not to take that fight.

i remember watching the corley fight several years back, and jim lampley saying sometime during the action that after lil floyd fought a southpaw for the first time as a pro, floyd the decrepit, then serving a sentence, called from prison to tell his handlers never to match him up against a southpaw again. money has since beaten chop chop corley and zab judah -- both of whom were able to land clean shots on his face in the early rounds, with the latter even flooring him in the first or second round of their fight, i forget. obviously, manny is light years ahead of these guys when it comes to overall boxing skill.

i've also noticed that floyd likes pushing forward and being the aggressor when fighting southpaws. this might just be a coincidence, since during the corley fight, floyd was still an up-and-comer trying to earn market patronage, and against judah, he had an opponent who was known to fold under pressure, OR, it could be because his philly defense doesn't function as well against lefties than it does against righties, so he almost abandons it completely when fighting southpaws. this is something he cannot afford to do against manny, for obvious reasons.

i know styles make fights, and manny is particularly susceptible against counter-punchers, but when you list down all his strengths -- he is a fast-handed, light-footed awkward southpaw who likes to apply pressure and throw punches from crazy angles ('a geometrical nightmare' as a famous commentator once put it) -- then its as if you're making a list of floyd's little pet peeves. each is the other's weakness. on paper, even without all the mythical titles attached to it, this makes for a really great matchup. the yin and the yang.

anyway, the point is this:

MANNY PACQUIAO IS THE ULTIMATE SOUTHPAW -- that's why senior doesn't want his son to fight him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

floyd wants cotto. :shock:

DL-629 NGO to MNL time of departure 2050, june 30 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm 
Welterweight

Because father and son would look exactly alike after PBF takes the pacman beating :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 pm 
Middleweight

Floyd struggled and was KD against Zab Judah.

Imagine him fighting Pacman; Floyd will be in for the fight of his life.

Floyd is a FRAUD about to be totally exposed by Pacman. He will do everything not to get inside the ring with Pacman. If it was floyd who received the punches that Cotto got, Floyd would be in dreamland in less than 5 rounds or Big Floyd will throw the towel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:13 pm 
Heavyweight

he wants to protect "0" of his equally ugly son :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pilosopong Tado wrote:
in a post-fight interview, floyd mayweather sr. candidly said that his son would whoop manny, yet he would advise him not to take that fight.

i remember watching the corley fight several years back, and jim lampley saying sometime during the action that after lil floyd fought a southpaw for the first time as a pro, floyd the decrepit, then serving a sentence, called from prison to tell his handlers never to match him up against a southpaw again. money has since beaten chop chop corley and zab judah -- both of whom were able to land clean shots on his face in the early rounds, with the latter even flooring him in the first or second round of their fight, i forget. obviously, manny is light years ahead of these guys when it comes to overall boxing skill.

i've also noticed that floyd likes pushing forward and being the aggressor when fighting southpaws. this might just be a coincidence, since during the corley fight, floyd was still an up-and-comer trying to earn market patronage, and against judah, he had an opponent who was known to fold under pressure, OR, it could be because his philly defense doesn't function as well against lefties than it does against righties, so he almost abandons it completely when fighting southpaws. this is something he cannot afford to do against manny, for obvious reasons.

i know styles make fights, and manny is particularly susceptible against counter-punchers, but when you list down all his strengths -- he is a fast-handed, light-footed awkward southpaw who likes to apply pressure and throw punches from crazy angles ('a geometrical nightmare' as a famous commentator once put it) -- then its as if you're making a list of floyd's little pet peeves. each is the other's weakness. on paper, even without all the mythical titles attached to it, this makes for a really great matchup. the yin and the yang.

anyway, the point is this:

MANNY PACQUIAO IS THE ULTIMATE SOUTHPAW -- that's why senior doesn't want his son to fight him.

nice observations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Because Manny will "expose" PBF in front of all boxing fans . . . and that a Pinoy/Asian is better than an Afro-American. Sa totoo lang. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 pm 
Bantamweight

so his son gaywee loosing to manny in a fight will remain debatable in the boxing history....hehehe :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:21 pm 
Heavyweight

they are scared shi7less 8)

" Manny Fights and Lives his Way, we all Watch and PAY "

..... Oompaloompa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i don't think the TS is asking a question rather than just sharing his thoughts. i agree 100%, floyd doesn't like fighting southpaws. manny might just be his kryptonite.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Why fight Floyd he has no belt? And he is scared to death...

I know Manny is up there with the ATG. Henry Armstrong fought back and forth in different divisions up and down to win belts. Can Manny go down comfortably back at 140 and beat Timothy Bradley. He has been calling Manny before. The money won't be as great but his legacy will be even greater. Going up up up is easier than "see saw- ing" your weight.

I'm mentioning Bradley coz some white @ss fags don't count Manny's IBO JW belt. Grab Bradley's WBO belt and stick it to their behind.

Last edited by Ir0nM4n on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:39 pm 
Heavyweight

If Floyd Sr. does not want his son to fight Manny . . . aling Dionesia also does not want her son to fight PBF. Quits/tabla lamang. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:07 pm 
Middleweight

Romy Nabas wrote:

:lol: hahaha LoL! got it right boss romz! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:11 pm 
Middleweight

new town wrote:
If Floyd Sr. does not want his son to fight Manny . . . aling Dionesia also does not want her son to fight PBF. Quits/tabla lamang. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: bring it on! :shock: Floyd Sr vs. NanayDionesia - Dance Sport/Ballroom dancing... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 pm 
Heavyweight

isaw wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:

:lol: hahaha LoL! got it right boss romz! :lol:

As far as he's concerned, this son is the most handsome creature in the surface of planet Earth. :lol: :lol: :lol: