Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

blonde_balbon wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
manny can win against cotto even at 147lbs!

Did you just say this coz Manny beat Cotto's a$$ black and blue at 145 ...? :)

I remember he argued with me once and call my poll tricky if manny can beat cotto @ 147 and he only gave Manny a 50% chance of winning against Cotto @ 147. He was doubting then but I guess he is a believer now! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is so funny as if Pac is the only fighter to fight in catchweight :lol: :lol: :lol:

there's a saying in ilokano: "APAL LANG DAYTA IDIGUS MO"

trans, "you've got a CRAB syndrome you need to tie a stone on you neck ang jump over the deepest part of the ocean"

Simply, Pac made his opponents looked like an easy prey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 am 
Heavyweight

Aspen wrote:
pac is winning because of catch weight.

if he can bring his speed along with him in welterweight division then he should have fought cotto in legit weight.

Cotto, a former Welterweight World Champ Boxer said he was in good shape at 145
Mosely, a World Champ Boxer said Cotto was in good shape at 145

The TS says that the reason why Cotto lost is because his weight was only 145...

Perhaps the TS is a multi-division World Champ Boxer or Trainer and a Hall of Famer that's whey he knows more than Cotto and Mosely...

Can we see your belts TS?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mcknug wrote:

Can he do that with Cotto @ 147? I think that should have been answered in the first place. YOu should have rallied that the fight be @ 147 before so you can be proud of saying "see? pac simply made his opponents looked like an easy prey" and no one will using the catchweight argument in any of your praises. The fact is, you will never know if the result will be the same had the fight was at 147. Only the believers were "crab" enough to tell everyone Pac can destroy Cotto @ 147.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:16 pm 
Heavyweight

ryanmikhael wrote:
mcknug wrote:

Can he do that with Cotto @ 147? I think that should have been answered in the first place. YOu should have rallied that the fight be @ 147 before so you can be proud of saying "see? pac simply made his opponents looked like an easy prey" and no one will using the catchweight argument in any of your praises. The fact is, you will never know if the result will be the same had the fight was at 147. Only the believers were "crab" enough to tell everyone Pac can destroy Cotto @ 147.

lol
you guys still at it? get a life ...move on...Pac is in the history books..wtf is with your catchweight fetish??? you guys are a bunch of morons questioning the validity of Pac win against Cotto....

it's not that we don't believe that Pac can beat Cotto @147....we don't care...@145 or 154...we still believe Pac can beat Cotto on those weights...but it doesn't matter coz' they fought @145 and we are more than satisfied....if you are not....that's your problem....lol....cry and whine for all we care...Pac's da MAN!!!

Manny Pacquiao did not just open the door, but the entire border for our Filipino boxers, trainers, promoters, sports writers and even the Pinoy boxing fans to the boxing world to be reckoned with. Pac Yo Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Wong wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
stop it TS, weight issue was irrelevant, Cotto was beaten by Pacquiao in is own game...

Cotto was beaten in not his natural weight. (He is limited to 145 @ weigh-in)
you're posting again without analyzing, let me tell you why. Cotto's last fight against Clottey he weighed 146, against Pac he weighed 145, Does 1 lb difference will make Cotto not in his natural weight?

Wong wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Cotto was in his best shape going to the fight, if not he won't last and get up after the 2 KDs.

SPECULATION. :biglaugh:
watch the fight again and again and again , here's the link. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=151175&start=0

or read this post by PG again and again and again...

Pac Guevarra wrote:

read this.....

COTTO HAPPY WITH WEIGHT DEAL

Miguel Cotto believes fighting Manny Pacquiao at 145lbs is to his advantage and not the Filipino's.

The pair meet in Las Vegas on Saturday night for Cotto's WBO welterweight title, but with Pacquiao more used to fighting in lower divisions, the fight has been made at a catchweight of 145lbs - 2lbs below the regular welter limit.

However, Cotto says shedding an extra two pounds will not be a problem for him and that his power at the weight is likely to prove crucial to the outcome.

Asked about the issue, Cotto said: "When we took this fight we decided that we were fine with 145. We knew we could do it and we knew we would be at our best the next night.

"We would not have taken this fight if we didn't think I was going to be at my best the next night after the weigh-in.

"The last fight I spent more than 24 hours doing nothing. Just waiting for the weigh-in. My weight was 145. All I have to do is add a half hour to my work every day and I am going to reach 145 with no problem."

Pacquiao has produced some explosive knockouts during his career, arguably none more spectacular than his dismissal of Ricky Hatton inside two rounds in his last outing in May.

That contest was staged at light-welterweight though and Cotto says the step up will not favour the 'Pac Man'.

He said: "He is coming from a lower weight division and if he thinks he is going to have the same power as Miguel Cotto, his thinking is very wrong."

The naturally lighter Pacquiao is likely to use his speed in a bid to counter Cotto, but the Puerto Rican says he's worked on combating that aspect of his opponent's style.

"I am prepared for anything he can bring me that night," Cotto added. "He has a lot of things beside his speed. I have to be prepared for all he can show me.

"We know he has speed. We know he has a style and we are prepared to beat it. You'll find out on the 14th how I am going to deal with his speed. It's not going to be a factor even though everyone thinks it is."

who's speculating now?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

just passing by 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 am 
Light Heavyweight

Pac Guevarra wrote:
ryanmikhael wrote:

lol
you guys still at it? get a life ...move on...Pac is in the history books..wtf is with your catchweight fetish??? you guys are a bunch of morons questioning the validity of Pac win against Cotto....

it's not that we don't believe that Pac can beat Cotto @147....we don't care...@145 or 154...we still believe Pac can beat Cotto on those weights...but it doesn't matter coz' they fought @145 and we are more than satisfied....if you are not....that's your problem....lol....cry and whine for all we care...Pac's da MAN!!!

do you think pac should defend his welter belt at 147? or should he demand for a catch weight again?

catchy aint it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 am 
Middleweight

pacquiao the catch weight champ will always insist on catch weight rules. they wont go higher than 145 i guess. pacquiao call the shots now so the natural welter weights has no choice but to go down at 145 if they want a shot with the catch weight champ.

take it or leave it :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

Aspen wrote:
pacquiao the catch weight champ will always insist on catch weight rules. they wont go higher than 145 i guess. pacquiao call the shots now so the natural welter weights has no choice but to go down at 145 if they want a shot with the catch weight champ.

take it or leave it :)

marquez is probably more than willing to climb to 141. :D

catchy aint it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 am 
Heavyweight

Aspen wrote:
pac is winning because of catch weight.

if he can bring his speed along with him in welterweight division then he should have fought cotto in legit weight.

:smoke: tsk tsk tsk

:snoring:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:09 am 
Heavyweight

kamatis.eater!!! wrote:
dec3 wrote:
hehe. what say you huggers? :lol:

here :finger: :finger: take those.

:lol: :lol: :lol: crabs with no balls....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

Desert Fox wrote:
kamatis.eater!!! wrote:
dec3 wrote:
hehe. what say you huggers? :lol:

crabs DONT have balls.
that's why huggers dont' like em
cause huggers love balls.
:D

catchy aint it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 am 
Heavyweight

dec3 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
kamatis.eater!!! wrote:

crabs DONT have balls.
that's why huggers dont' like em
cause huggers love balls.
:D

inamin mo din na wala kang bayag...

Trans: Guilty.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:47 am 
Heavyweight

Pac Guevarra wrote:
ryanmikhael wrote:

lol

Mga wala sa hulog itong mga talangka na ito.....tsk tsk tsk!!!

As what other poster asked, Whats "Wala sa hulog" in English???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next