Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:36 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Mexico
super7top77 wrote:
according to fight hype.com, around 2million buys! astronomical hits!



to see manny vs miguel video!
http://blogboxing---inandaroundtheworld.blogspot.com/



gossip whore... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm
Posts: 4518
Location: in every corner
any links bro... :)

_________________
Anong PAG-IBIG pa na hihigit kaya,
Sa PAGKADALISAY at PAGKADAKILA
gaya ng PAG-IBIG sa TINUBUANG LUPA;
WALA NA NGA WALA! --- Gat. Andres Bonifacio "ANG SUPREMO"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 37794
Location: Batangas
if this is true then he can certainly demand the bigger share of the purse against mayweather!

_________________
"dencio, the chemist who once dreamed of becoming a doctor someday"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:16 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Posts: 925
jordan wrote:
Warzone wrote:
recoy2002 wrote:
oi hearsay masarap yan.... :lol:


but nothing beats goya. :mrgreen:


Yes, Oscar de la Goya's record of 2.4M hits is still the PPV number to beat! :D



THAT IS NOTHING OWING TO THE FACT THAT BOTH MANNY AND MIGUEL WERE NOT AMERICANS....

_________________
Code:
sari-sariblog.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Posts: 925
korky wrote:
any links bro... :)


http://www.fightnews.com/?p=29735

_________________
Code:
sari-sariblog.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:57 am
Posts: 4312
Warzone wrote:
recoy2002 wrote:
oi hearsay masarap yan.... :lol:


but nothing beats goya. :mrgreen:

as in OSCAR DELA GOYA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:59 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:06 pm
Posts: 61655
Location: jeddah,ksa... pb 0467 ║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
:toast:


:snoring:

_________________
"Being a Christian means accepting Christ as your saviour, your God. That is why you are called a Christian. If you remove 'Christ', there's only 'ian' and that means 'I am nothing.'" Manny Pacquiao

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:08 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 am
Posts: 1071
Location: Virginia, US
Bob Arum has said the 2 million number is ridiculous and estimates it's between 1.3 and 1.4 million. After the way Arum refused to disclose the actual numbers for Pacquiao-Hatton, I tend to believe the internet rumors over Uncle Bob.

While Michael Marley seems to be one of the stupidest men alive, he also takes his journalistic integrity seriously and I don't believe he'd release an article with those sorts of numbers in them without hearing them from a very credible source.

Regardless, I will withhold judgment until I hear numbers from Dan Rafael, who has been historically the most reliable source for such information.




Unfortunately, if the numbers actually did reach 2 million (which would be amazing), the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight may never happen. If Pacquiao is pulling 2 million PPV buys, there is no way he will take a 50/50 split with Mayweather and rightfully so. And I don't think Mayweather will be willing, under any circumstances, to take less than 50%.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm
Posts: 4518
Location: in every corner
super7top77 wrote:
korky wrote:
any links bro... :)


http://www.fightnews.com/?p=29735

thanks bro i believe it will be like that, asking for the links to let other see it! :) :) :)

_________________
Anong PAG-IBIG pa na hihigit kaya,
Sa PAGKADALISAY at PAGKADAKILA
gaya ng PAG-IBIG sa TINUBUANG LUPA;
WALA NA NGA WALA! --- Gat. Andres Bonifacio "ANG SUPREMO"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Posts: 925
korky wrote:
super7top77 wrote:
korky wrote:
any links bro... :)


http://www.fightnews.com/?p=29735

thanks bro i believe it will be like that, asking for the links to let other see it! :) :) :)


no problem guys..

_________________
Code:
sari-sariblog.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:51 pm
Posts: 1848
Location: Earth
mr warbux wrote:
Bob Arum has said the 2 million number is ridiculous and estimates it's between 1.3 and 1.4 million. After the way Arum refused to disclose the actual numbers for Pacquiao-Hatton, I tend to believe the internet rumors over Uncle Bob.

While Michael Marley seems to be one of the stupidest men alive, he also takes his journalistic integrity seriously and I don't believe he'd release an article with those sorts of numbers in them without hearing them from a very credible source.

Regardless, I will withhold judgment until I hear numbers from Dan Rafael, who has been historically the most reliable source for such information.




Unfortunately, if the numbers actually did reach 2 million (which would be amazing), the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight may never happen. If Pacquiao is pulling 2 million PPV buys, there is no way he will take a 50/50 split with Mayweather and rightfully so. And I don't think Mayweather will be willing, under any circumstances, to take less than 50%.



On point bro Warbux, I agree PBF will not take less than 50%, the fight may not end up happening. Oh well at least MP has more going for him than PBF.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:45 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:21 pm
Posts: 393
"Boxing Examiner, quoting a reliable source, on the other hand, reported that as of Tuesday afternoon (Wednesday Manila time), the total numbers might match the 1.1 million buy the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter last Mar. 19 did."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-30052.html



wait until the official numbers come out...

also, remember, mayweathers numbers were generated DURING the recession and against an over-matched opponent in marquez.
meanwhile, whatever pacs numbers come out to be, the numbers would have been generated AFTER the recession against a very good opponent and a very interesting match up...

i say this because most here made such a fuss about pac/hatton fight being during the recession... but no-one mentioned that mayweather/marquez was also during the recession...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Posts: 925
Spectator wrote:
"Boxing Examiner, quoting a reliable source, on the other hand, reported that as of Tuesday afternoon (Wednesday Manila time), the total numbers might match the 1.1 million buy the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter last Mar. 19 did."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-30052.html



wait until the official numbers come out...

also, remember, mayweathers numbers were generated DURING the recession and against an over-matched opponent in marquez.
meanwhile, whatever pacs numbers come out to be, the numbers would have been generated AFTER the recession against a very good opponent and a very interesting match up...

i say this because most here made such a fuss about pac/hatton fight being during the recession... but no-one mentioned that mayweather/marquez was also during the recession...


that's why their fight looked recessed!

_________________
Code:
sari-sariblog.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:01 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:21 pm
Posts: 393
super7top77 wrote:
Spectator wrote:
"Boxing Examiner, quoting a reliable source, on the other hand, reported that as of Tuesday afternoon (Wednesday Manila time), the total numbers might match the 1.1 million buy the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter last Mar. 19 did."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-30052.html



wait until the official numbers come out...

also, remember, mayweathers numbers were generated DURING the recession and against an over-matched opponent in marquez.
meanwhile, whatever pacs numbers come out to be, the numbers would have been generated AFTER the recession against a very good opponent and a very interesting match up...

i say this because most here made such a fuss about pac/hatton fight being during the recession... but no-one mentioned that mayweather/marquez was also during the recession...


that's why their fight looked recessed!


BOTH fights were "recessed" 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm
Posts: 2902
Location: Tijuana
This time the Pacquiao vs Cotto PPV figures will be understated but definitely be higher than Mayweather vs Marquez. Just enough so as not to scare Mayweather away.I do hope though that Pacquiao will get his true share of the PPV.

_________________
Go ahead, tell them everything you know. It'll only take 10 seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group