Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm 
Middleweight

super7top77 wrote:
according to fight hype.com, around 2million buys! astronomical hits!

to see manny vs miguel video!
http://blogboxing---inandaroundtheworld.blogspot.com/

gossip whore... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 pm 
Heavyweight

any links bro... :)

WALA NA NGA WALA! --- Gat. Andres Bonifacio "ANG SUPREMO"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:52 pm 
Heavyweight

if this is true then he can certainly demand the bigger share of the purse against mayweather!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:16 am 
Middleweight

jordan wrote:
Warzone wrote:
recoy2002 wrote:
oi hearsay masarap yan.... :lol:

but nothing beats goya. :mrgreen:

Yes, Oscar de la Goya's record of 2.4M hits is still the PPV number to beat! :D

THAT IS NOTHING OWING TO THE FACT THAT BOTH MANNY AND MIGUEL WERE NOT AMERICANS....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 am 
Middleweight

korky wrote:

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=29735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am 
Heavyweight

Warzone wrote:
recoy2002 wrote:
oi hearsay masarap yan.... :lol:

but nothing beats goya. :mrgreen:

as in OSCAR DELA GOYA.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:59 am 
Heavyweight

:toast:

:snoring:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

Bob Arum has said the 2 million number is ridiculous and estimates it's between 1.3 and 1.4 million. After the way Arum refused to disclose the actual numbers for Pacquiao-Hatton, I tend to believe the internet rumors over Uncle Bob.

While Michael Marley seems to be one of the stupidest men alive, he also takes his journalistic integrity seriously and I don't believe he'd release an article with those sorts of numbers in them without hearing them from a very credible source.

Regardless, I will withhold judgment until I hear numbers from Dan Rafael, who has been historically the most reliable source for such information.

Unfortunately, if the numbers actually did reach 2 million (which would be amazing), the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight may never happen. If Pacquiao is pulling 2 million PPV buys, there is no way he will take a 50/50 split with Mayweather and rightfully so. And I don't think Mayweather will be willing, under any circumstances, to take less than 50%.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm 
Heavyweight

super7top77 wrote:
korky wrote:

thanks bro i believe it will be like that, asking for the links to let other see it! :) :) :)

WALA NA NGA WALA! --- Gat. Andres Bonifacio "ANG SUPREMO"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 am 
Middleweight

korky wrote:
super7top77 wrote:
korky wrote:

thanks bro i believe it will be like that, asking for the links to let other see it! :) :) :)

no problem guys..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

mr warbux wrote:
Bob Arum has said the 2 million number is ridiculous and estimates it's between 1.3 and 1.4 million. After the way Arum refused to disclose the actual numbers for Pacquiao-Hatton, I tend to believe the internet rumors over Uncle Bob.

While Michael Marley seems to be one of the stupidest men alive, he also takes his journalistic integrity seriously and I don't believe he'd release an article with those sorts of numbers in them without hearing them from a very credible source.

Regardless, I will withhold judgment until I hear numbers from Dan Rafael, who has been historically the most reliable source for such information.

Unfortunately, if the numbers actually did reach 2 million (which would be amazing), the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight may never happen. If Pacquiao is pulling 2 million PPV buys, there is no way he will take a 50/50 split with Mayweather and rightfully so. And I don't think Mayweather will be willing, under any circumstances, to take less than 50%.

On point bro Warbux, I agree PBF will not take less than 50%, the fight may not end up happening. Oh well at least MP has more going for him than PBF.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:45 am 
Welterweight

"Boxing Examiner, quoting a reliable source, on the other hand, reported that as of Tuesday afternoon (Wednesday Manila time), the total numbers might match the 1.1 million buy the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter last Mar. 19 did."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-30052.html

wait until the official numbers come out...

also, remember, mayweathers numbers were generated DURING the recession and against an over-matched opponent in marquez.
meanwhile, whatever pacs numbers come out to be, the numbers would have been generated AFTER the recession against a very good opponent and a very interesting match up...

i say this because most here made such a fuss about pac/hatton fight being during the recession... but no-one mentioned that mayweather/marquez was also during the recession...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 am 
Middleweight

Spectator wrote:
"Boxing Examiner, quoting a reliable source, on the other hand, reported that as of Tuesday afternoon (Wednesday Manila time), the total numbers might match the 1.1 million buy the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez encounter last Mar. 19 did."

also, remember, mayweathers numbers were generated DURING the recession and against an over-matched opponent in marquez.
meanwhile, whatever pacs numbers come out to be, the numbers would have been generated AFTER the recession against a very good opponent and a very interesting match up...

i say this because most here made such a fuss about pac/hatton fight being during the recession... but no-one mentioned that mayweather/marquez was also during the recession...

that's why their fight looked recessed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:01 am 
Welterweight

super7top77 wrote:
Spectator wrote:

that's why their fight looked recessed!

BOTH fights were "recessed" 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 am 
Cruiserweight

This time the Pacquiao vs Cotto PPV figures will be understated but definitely be higher than Mayweather vs Marquez. Just enough so as not to scare Mayweather away.I do hope though that Pacquiao will get his true share of the PPV.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next