Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm 
Middleweight

What do you think would be a good title to this? Money is thicker than blood? Donaire family carnival? Who knows, maybe if Nonito becomes big in boxing this could be a reality. :biglaugh: :bounce1: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
Heavyweight

richard1eye wrote:
What do you think would be a good title to this? Money is thicker than blood? Donaire family carnival? Who knows, maybe if Nonito becomes big in boxing this could be a reality. :biglaugh: :bounce1: :biglaugh:

TS, wrong forum...

" I search history in vain to find the equal to Jesus Christ. " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... now everything else is Made in China. "

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm 
Heavyweight

xianli wrote:
richard1eye wrote:

TS, wrong forum...

Maybe Donaire is a distant relative of Marvin Sonsona :o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm 
Heavyweight

imakaiw wrote:
xianli wrote:
richard1eye wrote:

TS, wrong forum...

Maybe Donaire is a distant relative of Marvin Sonsona :o

if he is, Marvin will deny donaire..
who wants to be part of this embarassing family drama..

" I search history in vain to find the equal to Jesus Christ. " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth... now everything else is Made in China. "

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm 
Heavyweight

If some mature minds will allow me to share, this might help most of us understand.

The typical feud between Nonito Jr/Rachel VS Donaire Family started from a bad Filipino habbit "Close Family Ties". Nonito Jr. when he still does not have anything, he had his family support even if he can work some odd jobs just to get by. But his family love him and don't want him to feel unsupported so they helped Nonito. In return, Nonito Jr promissed everything but the heaven. His family although reversely not counting but subconsciously asked something in return. Nonito Jr. typically helped his family not until he married Rachel. The entry of Rachel automatically defines new priority for Nonito Jr. This is not wrong but since his family is so used to Nonito Jr's help and presence, they had experienced this withdrawal syndrome wherein they have no one to blame but Rachel. Nonito Jr. started to set the boundaries and Rachel being the better half has the power and say. Everybody forgets what each party has given to each other. They counted what they did and forgot about what they received in return.. This happened to me (although I started working for my family as early as a teenager), im not blaming Nonito Jr or Rachel or the elder Donaires. But this will only be healed when the right time comes. Trust me, until today i still feel the tension between me, my wife, her family, my family. But the tension isn't severe as before. Only Nonito Jr can start the healing.

Sometimes, it is not a sin not to tell everything to your wife and to confer your problems to your friends instead of your mother or father. There are things that they will not understand and they tend to become bias with the "payo" they will give. And with your friends, they are always neutral and the problems will not leave a stain mentally because they don't have interest in you. They just want to help... thats all...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Gabrielle wrote:
If some mature minds will allow me to share, this might help most of us understand.

The typical feud between Nonito Jr/Rachel VS Donaire Family started from a bad Filipino habbit "Close Family Ties". Nonito Jr. when he still does not have anything, he had his family support even if he can work some odd jobs just to get by. But his family love him and don't want him to feel unsupported so they helped Nonito. In return, Nonito Jr promissed everything but the heaven. His family although reversely not counting but subconsciously asked something in return. Nonito Jr. typically helped his family not until he married Rachel. The entry of Rachel automatically defines new priority for Nonito Jr. This is not wrong but since his family is so used to Nonito Jr's help and presence, they had experienced this withdrawal syndrome wherein they have no one to blame but Rachel. Nonito Jr. started to set the boundaries and Rachel being the better half has the power and say. Everybody forgets what each party has given to each other. They counted what they did and forgot about what they received in return.. This happened to me (although I started working for my family as early as a teenager), im not blaming Nonito Jr or Rachel or the elder Donaires. But this will only be healed when the right time comes. Trust me, until today i still feel the tension between me, my wife, her family, my family. But the tension isn't severe as before. Only Nonito Jr can start the healing.

Sometimes, it is not a sin not to tell everything to your wife and to confer your problems to your friends instead of your mother or father. There are things that they will not understand and they tend to become bias with the "payo" they will give. And with your friends, they are always neutral and the problems will not leave a stain mentally because they don't have interest in you. They just want to help... thats all...

and kelan naging "BAD HABIT" ang close family ties aber???
kung BAD HABIT pala ang having close family ties eh di BAD HABIT ang ginagawa ng dalawang to Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:49 am 
Middleweight

sana magtagumpay ka sa buhay NOnito, pero wag mong kalimutan ang pinagmulan mo.........ang asawa ay napapalitan, ang magulang ay iisa lang.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:14 am 
Middleweight

Gabrielle wrote:

I don't know what's bad about having close family ties. Maybe you could just say the trials that may arise from having close family ties. Since close family ties is founded in love there should be nothing bad about it. Love is the spiritual part of life, and the strength of it's foundation is always tested with the physical or the material aspect in life where greed, jealousy, pride, hate and all other bad elements originate. Most often times money or the love of it contributes a lot to all these since it is the root of all evil. It disrupts the ties in a close family who disregards the foundation of their closeness. But to a family who chooses to stand by the spirit of the foundation which is love, they could easily overcome these trials since in love they would have patience, understanding, perseverance, and other positive aspects that would conquer all the negative ones. Because it is true that love can conquer all since it is the greatest. As for the Donaires, I hope that love would eventually sprout again in their hearts and make them one harmonious family again.