Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Sonsona vs Jacobo.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:10 am 
Heavyweight

Who you got?

Both boxers are heavy handed.Expect fireworks tonight. One crucial factor that might come into play is stamina.Mexican have a lot in the gas tank to carry them to the later rounds and still be in reasonable shape.But i am expecting a stoppage here.Although I haven't seen Jacobo ever, his record is good, he has been stopped so i can only guess his chin is suspect.Sonsona has been out for a while too now he is back with his original trainer.He was rushed by Ge ollani there is no doubt about that.Enjoy the fight tonight.

Sonsona tko 7 8)

Go Sonsona!! btw, any live streams for this fight?

Post subject: Re: Sonsona vs Jacobo.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:20 am 
Heavyweight

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2 ... rns-185120

AFTER a 20-month hiatus, 21-year-old former world champion “Marvelous” Marvin Sonsona attempts to revive his boxing career with a comeback fight against Mexican prospect Carlos Jacobo at the Hoops Dome in Lapu-Lapu City tonight.

Sonsona, who already had some ups and downs in his young career, wants to redeem himself and prove he still has the magical touch the once had in the brutal sport.

Have something to report? Tell us in text, photos or videos.

However, the 24-year-old Jacobo has different plans and promised to spoil Sonsona’s return.

“This Saturday night I will knock you out,” said the World Boxing Council Fecombox super bantamweight titleholder in the weigh-in for the fight dubbed “Back With A Vengeance.”

Jacobo won’t be a walk in the park for Sonsona because the former has an imposing 16-3-1 record with 14 knockouts and has a 70 percent knockout ratio. Sonsona, on the other hand, is as impressive with a 14-1 slate with 12 knockouts. Jacobo had a two-month training camp for this fight and has sparred with world champion Hugo Ruiz and Heriberto Ruiz in Los Mochis.

Sonsona, who is from a boxing family in Gen. Santos City, called it quits after suffering his first career loss, a fourth-round knockout at the hands of Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.

After becoming the second youngest world champion in Philippine history, Sonsona lost his focus and dedication to his craft. He lost his World Boxing Organization (WBO) super flyweight crown on the scales after coming into his first title defense
overweight against Alejandro Hernandez in 2009.

This time Sonsona promised that he has changed for the better and has matured.

“I will prove to everyone that I want to return and that I’m ready,” he said.

SGG Promotions head Sammy Gello-ani said he has huge plans for Sonsona but the future of his young ward all depends on his showing tonight.

In the co-main event, Jessie Albaracin (14-3-3, 12 KOs) will defend his WBO Oriental super bantamweight crown against tough veteran Marvin Tampus “Singwancha” (27-13-2, 18 KOs).

“The knockout will come. I will not allow him to knock me out. There will be no running in this fight,” said the 26-year-old Albaracin, who snatched the WBO Oriental crown from Niño Magboo last year.

“I will not say that I will knock him out because he too has been training hard. But I will promise a good fight that would be a money’s worth for the fans,” said Tampus.

Also seeing action in the blockbuster boxing event, which will be shown on the same evening on AKTV, is former WBO interim light flyweight titlist Johnriel Casimero (14-
2, 8 KOs), who is up against TI Yamagata Sentillas (11-7, 7 KOs).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:50 pm 
Strawweight

As a matter of truth, stamina has a lot of role to play in the success of a boxer. No matter how much skill you have, if there is no stamina, a boxer with little or no skill can defeat you. You as a boxer must always think of how to be weighty. That is why you dont joke with gym. It helps a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

lexybam wrote:
As a matter of truth, stamina has a lot of role to play in the success of a boxer. No matter how much skill you have, if there is no stamina, a boxer with little or no skill can defeat you. You as a boxer must always think of how to be weighty. That is why you dont joke with gym. It helps a lot.

Welcome to Pacland.. :D