Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 8439
Cybiryan wrote:
Just sharing my observation here. And I think he's going to lose this rematch which
will (again) highlight how our trainers back in PI don't get about boxing, in improving
from a rematch, in the style of the opponent or studying the opponent, etc.

Why did they put him back to a rematch, did they see an improvement in Marvin? Is
it because he knocked out Shimoda? One of the reason he got knocked out by Vas-
quez is because he was waiting too much that he forgot to put combinations. You got
to be busy "always" with a seasoned fighter. Otherwise, he will figure you out or put
up his gameplan on you.

From the last time I saw him with Shimoda, he was back on his old ways of waiting
and headhunting. You do that style with a seasoned fighter you get the same results.

I'm not hating on the guy. We even have similar names. I'm not saying he cannot pull
it off, nothing is certain on boxing. But if Sonsona likes to just counterpunch, he can
do a Marquez style but I don't think his counterpunching is that comprehensive or di-
verse as Marquez's. O well, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm just feel that its a big waste of talent. We need to nurture and develop such things,
hard punchers like Marvin don't come by too often.

Vasquez by TKO. In less that 6 rounds



andaming kcing tarantodang nagdudunung dunungan dito.

_________________
Filipinos are World Class..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:11 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 481
Cybiryan wrote:
Just sharing my observation here. And I think he's going to lose this rematch which
will (again) highlight how our trainers back in PI don't get about boxing, in improving
from a rematch, in the style of the opponent or studying the opponent, etc.

Why did they put him back to a rematch, did they see an improvement in Marvin? Is
it because he knocked out Shimoda? One of the reason he got knocked out by Vas-
quez is because he was waiting too much that he forgot to put combinations. You got
to be busy "always" with a seasoned fighter. Otherwise, he will figure you out or put
up his gameplan on you.

From the last time I saw him with Shimoda, he was back on his old ways of waiting
and headhunting. You do that style with a seasoned fighter you get the same results.

I'm not hating on the guy. We even have similar names. I'm not saying he cannot pull
it off, nothing is certain on boxing. But if Sonsona likes to just counterpunch, he can
do a Marquez style but I don't think his counterpunching is that comprehensive or di-
verse as Marquez's. O well, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm just feel that its a big waste of talent. We need to nurture and develop such things,
hard punchers like Marvin don't come by too often.

Vasquez by TKO. In less that 6 rounds


butata.....bobo na ts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 am
Posts: 175
well....as we have saw...marvin won..but we saw some of his lapses that need to be attended... i think he needs to hire top rated Conditioning Coach


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:51 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:43 am
Posts: 730
TS expert wanna be BOBO naman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm
Posts: 2902
Location: Tijuana
Cybiryan wrote:
wooks425 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry if you are correct.
But you will feel sorry if Marvin proves you wrong - which I think he will...


I will raise my beer if he wins and celebrate.

Then, if he can, spar more with US boxers or the boxers in Tijuana gyms.







TS should have bookmarked his thread. Now where's the beer and celebration?

_________________
Go ahead, tell them everything you know. It'll only take 10 seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:17 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm
Posts: 426
Location: Planet Nemic
c marvin pa nga ang naduga eh dapt nga UD un hindi split


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm
Posts: 682
wooks425 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry if you are correct.
But you will feel sorry if Marvin proves you wrong - which I think he will...


Not unless Freddie Roach trains him and Nick Curson becomes his conditioning coach!!! Then,
We can give him the moniker "The next PACMAN".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm
Posts: 3784
almost but not quite

Cybiryan wrote:
Just sharing my observation here. And I think he's going to lose this rematch which
will (again) highlight how our trainers back in PI don't get about boxing, in improving
from a rematch, in the style of the opponent or studying the opponent, etc.

Why did they put him back to a rematch, did they see an improvement in Marvin? Is
it because he knocked out Shimoda? One of the reason he got knocked out by Vas-
quez is because he was waiting too much that he forgot to put combinations. You got
to be busy "always" with a seasoned fighter. Otherwise, he will figure you out or put
up his gameplan on you.

From the last time I saw him with Shimoda, he was back on his old ways of waiting
and headhunting. You do that style with a seasoned fighter you get the same results.

I'm not hating on the guy. We even have similar names. I'm not saying he cannot pull
it off, nothing is certain on boxing. But if Sonsona likes to just counterpunch, he can
do a Marquez style but I don't think his counterpunching is that comprehensive or di-
verse as Marquez's. O well, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm just feel that its a big waste of talent. We need to nurture and develop such things,
hard punchers like Marvin don't come by too often.

Vasquez by TKO. In less that 6 rounds

_________________
----------------------

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: PHILIPPINES
Cybiryan wrote:
Just sharing my observation here. And I think he's going to lose this rematch which
will (again) highlight how our trainers back in PI don't get about boxing, in improving
from a rematch, in the style of the opponent or studying the opponent, etc.

Why did they put him back to a rematch, did they see an improvement in Marvin? Is
it because he knocked out Shimoda? One of the reason he got knocked out by Vas-
quez is because he was waiting too much that he forgot to put combinations. You got
to be busy "always" with a seasoned fighter. Otherwise, he will figure you out or put
up his gameplan on you.

From the last time I saw him with Shimoda, he was back on his old ways of waiting
and headhunting. You do that style with a seasoned fighter you get the same results.

I'm not hating on the guy. We even have similar names. I'm not saying he cannot pull
it off, nothing is certain on boxing. But if Sonsona likes to just counterpunch, he can
do a Marquez style but I don't think his counterpunching is that comprehensive or di-
verse as Marquez's. O well, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm just feel that its a big waste of talent. We need to nurture and develop such things,
hard punchers like Marvin don't come by too often.

Vasquez by TKO. In less that 6 rounds

I don't even finish reading your view. I do not know why you are so negative of Sonsona's ability. Look, he beat up Vasquez. Give him rsome espect for beating him up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 8439
pedhater wrote:
wooks425 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry if you are correct.
But you will feel sorry if Marvin proves you wrong - which I think he will...


Not unless Freddie Roach trains him and Nick Curson becomes his conditioning coach!!! Then,
We can give him the moniker "The next PACMAN".

no, brother. the nick next pacman is too much pressure for the kid. just give him credit for that victory and hope that he could be the best that he could be.

_________________
Filipinos are World Class..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Tokyo - Japan
Cybiryan wrote:
wooks425 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry if you are correct.
But you will feel sorry if Marvin proves you wrong - which I think he will...


I will raise my beer if he wins and celebrate.

Then, if he can, spar more with US boxers or the boxers in Tijuana gyms.



Well I guess you owe Marvin a Toast.

_________________
╔═╦═╦═╦══╦═╦═╦══╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm
Posts: 7843
Location: Las Piñas City PB-0523
You never expected the hit and clinch tactic, TS?! That's something new with Sonsona.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Seriously, Sonsona shows a decent handspeed when throwing a combination.. He just needs to improve his right hand, add a stiff right jab and a right hook in his punch variety and this will compliment his power punch left.. :hat:

_________________
-Believe in yourself, fly high and reach your ideals in life-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:46 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: PHILIPPINES
lagako10 wrote:
c marvin pa nga ang naduga eh dapt nga UD un hindi split


You made your point. That is how I see I too. Ang dami kasing wanna be experst dito eh. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 14
wooks425 wrote:
You don't have to be sorry if you are correct.
But you will feel sorry if Marvin proves you wrong - which I think he will...

Yup i agree with you my friend. He is right and why should be he sorry for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group