Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:17 pm 
Welterweight

For the title... just wondering.

This is in regard to removing Manny Pacquiao as one of the nominees for "Fighter of the Decade".

The reason why WBN website removed Pacquiao as candidate was because he was defeated by Mayweather.

WBN mentioned that Mayweather won convincingly versus Manny Pacquiao, hence, the latter has no reason to become a Fighter of the Decade.

The question here is, why did they include Canelo as one of the candidate? Do they think Canelo was better in fighting Mayweather, than when Pacquiao did?

I believe there is double standard here.

Second point is, why Mayweather was included in the nominees when he just boxed for 4 years and 5 months (vs. boxers) in the last decade? Do they really think that "four years and some months" equate to 10 years!!?

Third point is, why WBN reasoned out that they included Andre Ward and Mayweather due to the simple fact that they are just undeafeated? The question here is, why another Asian, which is holder of the most undefeated fight was also excluded? If they factor in no loss record, then Mayweather and Ward are just runner up to Menayothin!

Again, this is another double standard.

Now, if just WBN expressly mentioned that their MAIN reason why they excluded Pacquiao and Menayothin as candidates for "Fighter of the Decade" is because they are Asians, and Mayweather is American then, I would atleast understand the motive of this US website.

I would like to clear myself for this post. I have no issue with whatever WBN would like to survey and whoever they award. The truth is, there is no problem on being a nationalist and being supportive of your own.

First was the Boxrec, now the WBN.

WOULD The Ring and BWAA follow? Let us see.. :-)

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2020/01 ... -pacquiao/

PS.. To "BDJr" who answered to one of my post here in Pacland, I believe my statement on the link below would become true.
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=294181

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:20 am 
Welterweight

I believe if (and only if) Pacquiao fought Crawford, Spence and Mayweather, and Manny knock-out all of them in 2 years, that is, 2020-2021 and then retires, I hope that WBN allow Pacquiao to be a candidate for "2020-2029 Fighter of the Decade" because I know that they will count 2 years as equal to a Decade. :-)

Unless.. there is another double standard?