Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm 
Lightweight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qqTpS ... ata_player

:(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:50 pm 
Lightweight

Is it a black eye or puyat lang?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

towelo19 wrote:

its a combination of his pastors, his rice only diet, and always giving interviews to mongoloids who thinks its an easy fight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:10 am 
Featherweight

pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
towelo19 wrote:

its a combination of his pastors, his rice only diet, and always giving interviews to mongoloids who thinks its an easy fight.

..and you are the worst stup1d mongoloid.. right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:38 am 
Heavyweight

It's a welt. He got hit there.
The headgear makes your eyes look tired after a few rounds .
Stop worrying .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:01 am 
Featherweight

towelo19 wrote:

I think Manny has a brown eyes, but he got welt under his eye. :computer:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:19 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Stop worrying .

I also think it's a combination of a small welt and the lighting. But nonetheless, it's proof that he's repeatedly hit there. I'd rather let Manny get hit with Floyd's moves during sparring rather than on fight night. If you look at the full fights (not just the highlights) of Manny's sparring partners, you'll see how much of a Mayweather clone they really are. Kenneth Sims is a taller (5'10"), younger and faster version of Floyd with probably the same reach or longer (not listed). Keandre Gibson is 2 inches taller (5'10") with an even longer reach than Floyd (73"), also fast and fights exactly like him (albeit more offensive). They can device an actual and effective game plan based on him alone.

You can see Keandre Gibson's fight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQBaCx ... freload=10

The only missing factor is if they punch as strong as Floyd (which I doubt) and of course the experience. Mayweather also loves throwing potshots during "expected lull-moments" which I don't see from anybody else. Khan claimed that he and Shawn Porter beat Manny up in sparring. Robert Guerrero also claimed the same thing. But last time I checked, he convincingly won all the fights he used them as sparring partners for.

Looking at the other end of the pond, Mayweather injured his rib at sparring before the Marquez fight which caused a postponement (and money). He was also given a black eye by Errol Spence before his fight with Robert Guerrero. He shut his opponents out in both fights. If Floyd is knocking sparring partners out left and and right then it might mean he's not getting good work from them. He recently released a short sparring clip of him beating up a sparring partner who moved nothing like Pacquiao (the guy was doing a left handed shoulder roll trying to defend the double left hook for crying out loud ). It was probably released to show that he can also fight fire with fire, but I also noticed he became slower (but not necessarily slow-slow) and more predictable by sitting on his punches.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 am 
Heavyweight

Stop drinking coffee, TS. too much intake of caffeine in the body will increase your heart rate!...hehehe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:43 pm 
Heavyweight

It seem that all people there has a black eye. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm 
Heavyweight

well, many Filipinos do have black eyes

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:01 pm 
Heavyweight

Duh he's sparring. Sometimes you'll get hit. This means the sparmate actually pushing him hard

Learning and progress comes from being open minded.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

He has a welt. Manny started to spar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:10 pm 
Heavyweight

trustyler wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Stop worrying .

I also think it's a combination of a small welt and the lighting. But nonetheless, it's proof that he's repeatedly hit there. I'd rather let Manny get hit with Floyd's moves during sparring rather than on fight night. If you look at the full fights (not just the highlights) of Manny's sparring partners, you'll see how much of a Mayweather clone they really are. Kenneth Sims is a taller (5'10"), younger and faster version of Floyd with probably the same reach or longer (not listed). Keandre Gibson is 2 inches taller (5'10") with an even longer reach than Floyd (73"), also fast and fights exactly like him (albeit more offensive). They can device an actual and effective game plan based on him alone.

You can see Keandre Gibson's fight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQBaCx ... freload=10

The only missing factor is if they punch as strong as Floyd (which I doubt) and of course the experience. Mayweather also loves throwing potshots during "expected lull-moments" which I don't see from anybody else. Khan claimed that he and Shawn Porter beat Manny up in sparring. Robert Guerrero also claimed the same thing. But last time I checked, he convincingly won all the fights he used them as sparring partners for.

Looking at the other end of the pond, Mayweather injured his rib at sparring before the Marquez fight which caused a postponement (and money). He was also given a black eye by Errol Spence before his fight with Robert Guerrero. He shut his opponents out in both fights. If Floyd is knocking sparring partners out left and and right then it might mean he's not getting good work from them. He recently released a short sparring clip of him beating up a sparring partner who moved nothing like Pacquiao (the guy was doing a left handed shoulder roll trying to defend the double left hook for crying out loud ). It was probably released to show that he can also fight fire with fire, but I also noticed he became slower (but not necessarily slow-slow) and more predictable by sitting on his punches.

http://philboxing.com/news/pix/pac.work ... 4.500w.jpg
No new welts . He sparred today.
Check the pic of him hitting the speed bag. That was after the sparring session.

I remember before the Cotto fight . He had some rough sparring sessions with Porter and Khan.
He was not in great shape about 6 weeks into the fight . Too much kristalyzing . He went down from Baguio
a day ahead of Freddie . You know why.
He had a bad camp for the Margarito fight . Somehow he got in real good shape and was way under the limit for that fight .
He has 3 more hard weeks to go before they taper off .
He'll be alright .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

yeah i've noticed he has a mark under his eye on some of ellie seckback's videos too

i wouldn't worry too much about it, it's good that his sparring partners are pushing him and giving him their best

its also understandable because i heard in some reports that manny refused to wear headgear in sparring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:53 pm 
Featherweight

That's a bad omen for things to come.