Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:21 pm 
Heavyweight

A foolish effort in attempting to re write history.

Accept the defeat. Pacquiao did.

-Jimi Hendrix

Love*Peace*MUSIC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

mexifan wrote:

Not defeated, CHEATED!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

its hard to admit but floyd schooled pacquiao.
because pacquiao tried to box with floyd.
pacquiao is so tentative during that fight.
maybe because he is much careful after he got knocked out cold by marquez.
plus do you want to get hurt or permanently damage when you got more than 150 million $ in a single fight?

manny played it safe, if he fought the way he fought cotto. there is a big chance he could have KO'ed floyd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:53 pm 
Heavyweight

promotions sez it was the fight of the century, it turned out it was the fight of the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Fights are won on impressions and, in a way, reputations. Floyd is known for slowing down the fight and winning by simply clinching and throwing single punches at a time. That's basically how he's made his career. On the other hand, Manny is known for his fast-paced fights and multipunch combos.

Judges, already biased toward Floyd, had the impression that he's gotta be winning because the pace is slow. Manny didn't help his cause by fighting tentatively.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:33 pm 
Heavyweight

And I think Mayweather should have lost to Castillo, Dela Hoya, and Maidana. In fact, convincing losses if I may say so. The Pacquiao fight was, at most, a draw.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 pm 
Cruiserweight

Watching video's that proving Manny's the real winner against Floyd made me proud of our very own Great Of All Time.
A Filipino fighter who owns 11 Championships Belts and 8 Diff. Division's Titles.
He lost only on the three blind judges.
No reason to move on for the unreasonable defeat as long as there'd evidenced through videos that Manny really won.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
mexifan wrote:

Not defeated, CHEATED!!

Crying about it in a boxing forum will get your belief heard? An exercise in futility.

"Pacquiao thinks he won the fight and a lot of people told me we won the fight at the airport the next day. A tremendous amount of people told me that we got robbed in that fight, black, white, no one was prejudiced about it, all races told me that Pacquiao won the fight," Roach told ontheropesboxing.com.

"In my own mind I didn’t think he won the fight, but I didn’t rewatch the fight because I was too disappointed in Manny’s performance."

-Freddie Roach

-Jimi Hendrix

Love*Peace*MUSIC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

mexifan wrote:
mexifan wrote:

Not defeated, CHEATED!!

Crying about it in a boxing forum will get your belief heard? An exercise in futility.

"Pacquiao thinks he won the fight and a lot of people told me we won the fight at the airport the next day. A tremendous amount of people told me that we got robbed in that fight, black, white, no one was prejudiced about it, all races told me that Pacquiao won the fight," Roach told ontheropesboxing.com.

"In my own mind I didn’t think he won the fight, but I didn’t rewatch the fight because I was too disappointed in Manny’s performance."

-Freddie Roach

Easy to understand why Roach reacted something like that. First he knows the way judges will do the verdict. He wants Manny to knock Floyd out. Roach told in one article that a no injury Manny will knock Mayweather. Floyd himself refuse to fight Pacman again no matter how big money on the table. He even gave an advice to Crawford how hard it is to beat Pacquiao.
For me. Good to say Floyd's in a hard time beating a one handed Pacman.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 am 
Middleweight

For all you Pac diehards:
1. There is a reason judges have to be in ringside, TV viewing will not cut it. A camera has one angle. The judges can move their body side to side to get a better view.
2. Judges are trained....and we fans are not.
3. Fans by definition are partial to their man, more so than the commentators, refs and judges who are used to minimizing their feelings.
4. Compubox, the most impartial among fans, judges and commentators showed Mayweather overwhelming successfully executing more jabs and power punches.
5. More boxing experts agree with the decision....even Freddie Roach. Of course Roach said it with a caveat that with a healthy Pacquiao, it would have been different.

That is why...no one is crying robbery except Paxquiao fans(for the most part). I wanted Pac to win, but we must learn to accept losses. No one will even put an asterisk on Mauweathers win (*Pacquiao was allegedly injured.)

Forget the slowmo....dahil TV lang yun, at kayo kayo run ang humahatol. Pagkayo ang judge...syempre talk si Mayweather.

Mayweather was unbeatable during his time, especially during his prime.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 am 
Cruiserweight

achilles_pj wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eYKJiu2HA

Typical n00blar trait -- couldn't resist necroposting. :biglaugh:

The last post was over two years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 am 
Cruiserweight

Pancho Pantera wrote:
1. There is a reason judges have to be in ringside, TV viewing will not cut it. A camera has one angle. The judges can move their body side to side to get a better view.
3. Fans by definition are partial to their man, more so than the commentators, refs and judges who are used to minimizing their feelings.
4. Compubox, the most impartial among fans, judges and commentators showed Mayweather overwhelming successfully executing more jabs and power punches.
5. More boxing experts agree with the decision....even Freddie Roach. Of course Roach said it with a caveat that with a healthy Pacquiao, it would have been different.

That is why...no one is crying robbery except Paxquiao fans(for the most part). I wanted Pac to win, but we must learn to accept losses. No one will even put an asterisk on Mauweathers win (*Pacquiao was allegedly injured.)

Forget the slowmo....dahil TV lang yun, at kayo kayo run ang humahatol. Pagkayo ang judge...syempre talk si Mayweather.

How could you see them complaining and crying for robbery when they won the betting? It seem you just hate Manny dahil natalo ka sa pustahan ng matalo si Pacman kay Marquez. Pero kung nanalo si Manny I'm sure you will defend Manny to the max...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am 
Middleweight

Pancho Pantera wrote:

How could you see them complaining and crying for robbery when they won the betting? It seem you just hate Manny dahil natalo ka sa pustahan ng matalo si Pacman kay Marquez. Pero kung nanalo si Manny I'm sure you will defend Manny to the max...

Another pointless reply....magpakita ka naman ng utak. ALso, I do not gamble.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

Si El Critico ang tunay na Kritiko ni Manny kahit pa noong nagpapanalo si Pacman. Naglabasan lang lahat ang mga di maka move on na kritiko (talunan sa sugal) noong matalo kay Marquez at Floyd. Roach knows so much if Manny is capable or not he's still confident Manny's is his best dahil ramdam niya ang bawat suntok during the mitts session.
Ang pagiging relihiyoso lang ang naging hadlang dahil naging merciful sya. Sabagay kitang kita ito specially sa laban kay Margarito.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Si El Critico ang tunay na Kritiko ni Manny kahit pa noong nagpapanalo si Pacman. Naglabasan lang lahat ang mga di maka move on na kritiko (talunan sa sugal) noong matalo kay Marquez at Floyd. Roach knows so much if Manny is capable or not he's still confident Manny's is his best dahil ramdam niya ang bawat suntok during the mitts session.
Ang pagiging relihiyoso lang ang naging hadlang dahil naging merciful sya. Sabagay kitang kita ito specially sa laban kay Margarito.

:shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next