Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am 
Heavyweight

Hah hah! It seems like Joeyincali knows everything until now... :lol:
He was one of the Pacman nonbeliever...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali is on the hotseat now :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 am 
Heavyweight

duwayne wrote:
guys get real...the reality is pacman and pbf is too far apart...they can't fight at the same weight because pbf is too big and pacman is too small...and if and only if they meet in the ring pacman is no match for pbf...i hate to admit it but pac has many flaws in his defense while pbf has perfect defense so to cut the story short...i't aint gonna happen...

:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

Time to face reality :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 am 
Heavyweight

time change

nice reading halukay thread 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 am 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Freddie Roach on “Sports Chat” Monday
THE one-on-one interview between American trainer Freddie Roach and boxing writer Dennis Principe will be the main segment of Monday’s edition of “Sports Chat”.

Roach discussed some of their plans in their upcoming fight versus Mexican Oscar Larios on July 2 at the Araneta Coliseum.

Also, Roach divulged their future campaign for Pacquiao involving potential return bouts versus Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

In the same interview, Roach gave an idea about potential marquee fights for Pacquiao against Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales and Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.

Sports Chat is heard Monday to Friday from 6-7AM over Philippine radio station DZSR Sports Radio 918 kHz.

That's 17 pounds up. After saying that Manny's limit is at 130 lbs, I don't think he'll ever go to 147. Heck, even 140 is a stretch at this point

The Butcher wrote:
Reylan wrote:
That's the exact same thing that critics and fans alike said of Duran before he beat Davey Moore and Iran Barkley. We will never know. :biglaugh:

Different people, different era, different circumstances. But I'll bite.

Duran started his career in 1968 as a Bantamweight when he was 17-yrs old. He won his first title as a Lightweight against Ken Buchanan in 1972. He was 21 then and 17 pounds heavier than when he started. Then, he won the Welterweight title from Sugar Ray Leonard in 1980 when he was 29. About 12 years and 29 pounds later.

If you compare the careers of Duran and Pacquiao, that's just about the same point in Duran's career where you can put Manny's present one in a parallel way.

Manny was also 17 when he started as a Junior Flyweight (if I'm not mistaken). He won his first title against Sasakul as a Flyweight at the age of 20. He lost it the following year after failing to make weight against Singsurat. Pacman jumped up 2 weight classes in his succeeding match. As a Super Bantamweight, took Ledwaba's title when he was 23-yrs old. Then he moved to Featherweight against Barrera at 25-yrs old. Finally to the present, he just defeated Morales as a Super Featherweight at the age of 28. That's 11 years and 22 pounds later.

Duran fought Davey Moore in 1983 when he was already 32. Then was eventually matched up with Barkley at the age of 38. If you pitt Pacquiao in the near future against Mayweather, that would mean he had to jump up 3 weight classes to get to him. As Sportsjordan mentioned, the only realistic scenario would be to have Floyd move back down to 135, and that's not realistic at all.

Maybe 5 years from now when Manny grows into the Junior Welterweight region can we start talking about a Pacquiao vs Mayweather. But even then, Floyd may already haved moved up as well as a Middleweight.

It's hard to imagine Manny getting any heavier right now. Even Roach himself said that the best fighting weight for Pacquiao right now is as a Featherweight. And Super Feather would be the absolute limit. Pacman's camp won't even agree to fight Morales at 132 pounds. That's just 2 pounds!!!

Keeping it real, as I stated in my earlier post, even 140 is a stretch at this point. With his frame and build, Lightweight is the next frontier.

The Butcher wrote:
Reylan wrote:
Don't worry, bro... I'm with you on this. :lol: Was just basking on the possibilities. Great memory you have there about Duran's career. That fight against Davey Moore was held on his birthday and it was a total celebration after the fight. Just an addendum, Duran was coming off the "NO MAS" against Leonard in their second fight, so people thought of him as already a shot fighter, not really expecting that he would win another belt in a heavier weight class 5 years later. I think Duran was 37 when he fought Iran Barkley, bro... if my memory serves me right. I was only 3 years old when that fight against Moore took place in 1983, but that was a classic performance by the man with the hands of stone!

I agree. You ask me, that's what made Duran a legend. Winning his first title at 135, then winning his last one at 160 against a young Iran Barkley. He was 38 years old!!! Sure it was a Split Decision, but a win was a win. That, plus his victory against Moore after losing to Wilfred Benitez and Leonard, showed that he was a great boxer in any division he was in.

And I can't take credit for everything I wrote. I remember a lot, but I had to do some research for the bulk of the details. :o

It's nice talking about the old boxers, though. See you around the site buddy. 8)

musta na kayo mga bro? kasalanan ng mga manghuhukay ito hehehe :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:44 am 
Featherweight

Just for fun... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am 
Heavyweight

kung sino man ang naghukay nito,.....KSP :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PBF would retire Pacman.
Get real.

SAY WHAT ?
Image :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 pm 
Middleweight

It's a possibility :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PBF would retire Pacman.
Get real.

The real is PBF retired first. :lol:

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 pm 
Heavyweight

rapid_mouth wrote:
Quote:
Freddie Roach on “Sports Chat” Monday
THE one-on-one interview between American trainer Freddie Roach and boxing writer Dennis Principe will be the main segment of Monday’s edition of “Sports Chat”.

Roach discussed some of their plans in their upcoming fight versus Mexican Oscar Larios on July 2 at the Araneta Coliseum.

Also, Roach divulged their future campaign for Pacquiao involving potential return bouts versus Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

In the same interview, Roach gave an idea about potential marquee fights for Pacquiao against Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales and Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.

Sports Chat is heard Monday to Friday from 6-7AM over Philippine radio station DZSR Sports Radio 918 kHz.

good going mr. dennis principe--- more power sports radio--- and teledyaryo sports at iba pa on NBN-channel 4----

April 2006... Roach already wants to match Pacquiao to AXF?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:03 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PBF would retire Pacman.
Get real.

Yeah, PBF will retire soon. :biglaugh: