Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac KTFO1 PBF... :bounce:

am outa here.. :bigeyes:

Geico.com even a Pac NUTHUGGER can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:29 pm 
Bantamweight

..hmmm a mega million dollar dream!!! i dont think that time may come to this two great FIGHTER to cross thier path! ei guys... its like big mac vs. tyson on thier PUNCH OUT DUEL AYT...? :bounce1: floyd is too big for PAC... imagine, we still not know yet if PAC can also be gud in LIGHTWEIGHT if he wants to get on that to become a 4 tym world champion in four divisions.. right? i know PAC is a 3 tym world champion in 3 divisions nearly in the making.. if the fans really wanted it BADLY... the fight between PAC and PBF should be at lightweight... i give PAC a chance on that! but im sure PAC is the underdog on that! who knows.. hehehe
>A MEGA MILLION DOLLAR DREAM< FIGHT!!!! :biglaugh:

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

its fun to talk about this happening once, stupid to talk about it again, and even worse to see pacman get beat down by mayweather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

manny can only fight mayweather at 135 and i don't think PBF would drop to that weight.

if that fight happens, manny is in a no lose situation. if they fight next month and pacquiao would win he'll be an all time great, if he loses. no harm no foul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:59 pm 

SpOrTaJoRdAn wrote:
manny can only fight mayweather at 135 and i don't think PBF would drop to that weight.

if that fight happens, manny is in a no lose situation. if they fight next month and pacquiao would win he'll be an all time great, if he loses. no harm no foul.

bro, will you be able to watch the Pacman-Larios? It will be on PPV via the Filipino Channel of ABS-CBN... Don't you think it should be on free US tv like ESPN?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Reylan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Freddie Roach on “Sports Chat” Monday
THE one-on-one interview between American trainer Freddie Roach and boxing writer Dennis Principe will be the main segment of Monday’s edition of “Sports Chat”.

Roach discussed some of their plans in their upcoming fight versus Mexican Oscar Larios on July 2 at the Araneta Coliseum.

Also, Roach divulged their future campaign for Pacquiao involving potential return bouts versus Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

In the same interview, Roach gave an idea about potential marquee fights for Pacquiao against Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales and Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.

Sports Chat is heard Monday to Friday from 6-7AM over Philippine radio station DZSR Sports Radio 918 kHz.

That's 17 pounds up. After saying that Manny's limit is at 130 lbs, I don't think he'll ever go to 147. Heck, even 140 is a stretch at this point

That's the exact same thing that critics and fans alike said of Duran before he beat Davey Moore and Iran Barkley. We will never know. :biglaugh:

Different people, different era, different circumstances. But I'll bite.

Duran started his career in 1968 as a Bantamweight when he was 17-yrs old. He won his first title as a Lightweight against Ken Buchanan in 1972. He was 21 then and 17 pounds heavier than when he started. Then, he won the Welterweight title from Sugar Ray Leonard in 1980 when he was 29. About 12 years and 29 pounds later.

If you compare the careers of Duran and Pacquiao, that's just about the same point in Duran's career where you can put Manny's present one in a parallel way.

Manny was also 17 when he started as a Junior Flyweight (if I'm not mistaken). He won his first title against Sasakul as a Flyweight at the age of 20. He lost it the following year after failing to make weight against Singsurat. Pacman jumped up 2 weight classes in his succeeding match. As a Super Bantamweight, took Ledwaba's title when he was 23-yrs old. Then he moved to Featherweight against Barrera at 25-yrs old. Finally to the present, he just defeated Morales as a Super Featherweight at the age of 28. That's 11 years and 22 pounds later.

Duran fought Davey Moore in 1983 when he was already 32. Then was eventually matched up with Barkley at the age of 38. If you pitt Pacquiao in the near future against Mayweather, that would mean he had to jump up 3 weight classes to get to him. As Sportsjordan mentioned, the only realistic scenario would be to have Floyd move back down to 135, and that's not realistic at all.

Maybe 5 years from now when Manny grows into the Junior Welterweight region can we start talking about a Pacquiao vs Mayweather. But even then, Floyd may already haved moved up as well as a Middleweight.

It's hard to imagine Manny getting any heavier right now. Even Roach himself said that the best fighting weight for Pacquiao right now is as a Featherweight. And Super Feather would be the absolute limit. Pacman's camp won't even agree to fight Morales at 132 pounds. That's just 2 pounds!!!

Keeping it real, as I stated in my earlier post, even 140 is a stretch at this point. With his frame and build, Lightweight is the next frontier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

rldabomb wrote:
nooo not another floyd and pacman thread.. i thought we were done with this... floys is fighting at 146lbs now and he will go up even to 154 lbs if he fights with oscar..

there is no way they can fight only if pacman will fight him at 140lbs.. and there's no way pacman can make that weight... there is also no way floyd will go back down lighter than 140lbs... pls can this be the end of the story..

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
dude, boxing is not only about the fights that actually happen, it's also about the fights that did not and will not happen. Its the same as when fans talk about who could have won Ali vs. Marciano. That's the beauty of boxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:46 pm 
Middleweight

no.1fan wrote:
That is a possibility but not in the near future.Right now Manny's head is getting bigger and bigger,hope that by that time Roach is still his trianor/coach.

OR EVEN SAM PETERS....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:05 pm 
Middleweight

tvd0904 wrote:
Reylan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
THE one-on-one interview between American trainer Freddie Roach and boxing writer Dennis Principe will be the main segment of Monday’s edition of “Sports Chat”.

Roach discussed some of their plans in their upcoming fight versus Mexican Oscar Larios on July 2 at the Araneta Coliseum.

Also, Roach divulged their future campaign for Pacquiao involving potential return bouts versus Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales.

In the same interview, Roach gave an idea about potential marquee fights for Pacquiao against Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales and Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.

Sports Chat is heard Monday to Friday from 6-7AM over Philippine radio station DZSR Sports Radio 918 kHz.

That's 17 pounds up. After saying that Manny's limit is at 130 lbs, I don't think he'll ever go to 147. Heck, even 140 is a stretch at this point

That's the exact same thing that critics and fans alike said of Duran before he beat Davey Moore and Iran Barkley. We will never know. :biglaugh:

I agree with you Bro Reylan... :D

Yeah yeah yeah. This is what I mean on my previous post. If pac keeps on winning, he will definitely end up with these bigger guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:10 pm 
Heavyweight

i hope pac can handle those guys...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:42 pm 

The Butcher wrote:
Reylan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

Duran started his career in 1968 as a Bantamweight when he was 17-yrs old. He won his first title as a Lightweight against Ken Buchanan in 1972. He was 21 then and 17 pounds heavier than when he started. Then, he won the Welterweight title from Sugar Ray Leonard in 1980 when he was 29. About 12 years and 29 pounds later.

If you compare the careers of Duran and Pacquiao, that's just about the same point in Duran's career where you can put Manny's present one in a parallel way.

Manny was also 17 when he started as a Junior Flyweight (if I'm not mistaken). He won his first title against Sasakul as a Flyweight at the age of 20. He lost it the following year after failing to make weight against Singsurat. Pacman jumped up 2 weight classes in his succeeding match. As a Super Bantamweight, took Ledwaba's title when he was 23-yrs old. Then he moved to Featherweight against Barrera at 25-yrs old. Finally to the present, he just defeated Morales as a Super Featherweight at the age of 28. That's 11 years and 22 pounds later.

Duran fought Davey Moore in 1983 when he was already 32. Then was eventually matched up with Barkley at the age of 38. If you pitt Pacquiao in the near future against Mayweather, that would mean he had to jump up 3 weight classes to get to him. As Sportsjordan mentioned, the only realistic scenario would be to have Floyd move back down to 135, and that's not realistic at all.

Maybe 5 years from now when Manny grows into the Junior Welterweight region can we start talking about a Pacquiao vs Mayweather. But even then, Floyd may already haved moved up as well as a Middleweight.

It's hard to imagine Manny getting any heavier right now. Even Roach himself said that the best fighting weight for Pacquiao right now is as a Featherweight. And Super Feather would be the absolute limit. Pacman's camp won't even agree to fight Morales at 132 pounds. That's just 2 pounds!!!

Keeping it real, as I stated in my earlier post, even 140 is a stretch at this point. With his frame and build, Lightweight is the next frontier.

Don't worry, bro... I'm with you on this. :lol: Was just basking on the possibilities. Great memory you have there about Duran's career. That fight against Davey Moore was held on his birthday and it was a total celebration after the fight. Just an addendum, Duran was coming off the "NO MAS" against Leonard in their second fight, so people thought of him as already a shot fighter, not really expecting that he would win another belt in a heavier weight class 5 years later. I think Duran was 37 when he fought Iran Barkley, bro... if my memory serves me right. I was only 3 years old when that fight against Moore took place in 1983, but that was a classic performance by the man with the hands of stone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:48 pm 
Welterweight

it can possible happen....in video games. :bounce1:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:32 am 
Heavyweight

Reylan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Reylan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

Don't worry, bro... I'm with you on this. :lol: Was just basking on the possibilities. Great memory you have there about Duran's career. That fight against Davey Moore was held on his birthday and it was a total celebration after the fight. Just an addendum, Duran was coming off the "NO MAS" against Leonard in their second fight, so people thought of him as already a shot fighter, not really expecting that he would win another belt in a heavier weight class 5 years later. I think Duran was 37 when he fought Iran Barkley, bro... if my memory serves me right. I was only 3 years old when that fight against Moore took place in 1983, but that was a classic performance by the man with the hands of stone!

I agree. You ask me, that's what made Duran a legend. Winning his first title at 135, then winning his last one at 160 against a young Iran Barkley. He was 38 years old!!! Sure it was a Split Decision, but a win was a win. That, plus his victory against Moore after losing to Wilfred Benitez and Leonard, showed that he was a great boxer in any division he was in.

And I can't take credit for everything I wrote. I remember a lot, but I had to do some research for the bulk of the details. :o

It's nice talking about the old boxers, though. See you around the site buddy. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:39 am 
Heavyweight

seanee wrote:
stop acting like those guys from the presscon!!!

yep.. i'm actually wondering why the name of Antonio Tarver is not on the list..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:47 am 
Strawweight

nothing is impossible for pac

it's like when Pac defeated MAB!

all commentators were for MAB, they said that PAC is too much for MAB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next