Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm 
Middleweight

Based on Clottey's face and reaction, I think Pacquiao's so-called POWER, did not affect Clottey at all...Yes, Clottey always covers his face during the entire fight but it is his strategy..Needless to say, SPEED and QUICKNESS were Pacquiao's key on that one-sided victory..But I think his power is diminishing...Are we expecting a washed-up Pacquiao on his next fight?

The probability is high...Maybe, he wight get KTFO'd by either Mayweather or Mosley...

The end is near... :bounce1: :birthday: :carnival:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:
Based on Clottey's face and reaction, I think Pacquiao's so-called POWER, did not affect Clottey at all...Yes, Clottey always covers his face during the entire fight but it is his strategy..Needless to say, SPEED and QUICKNESS were Pacquiao's key on that one-sided victory..But I think his power is diminishing...Are we expecting a washed-up Pacquiao on his next fight?

The probability is high...Maybe, he wight get KTFO'd by either Mayweather or Mosley...

Do you think Manny's punching power is really for welterweight?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 pm 
Middleweight

Hakuna Matata wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

In fairness to Pacquiao, I would say yes...but on the welterweight level, maybe on a scale of 1-10, I would give him 4/10.. :carnival:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm 
Heavyweight

jojo catam wrote:
Hakuna Matata wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

In fairness to Pacquiao, I would say yes...but on the welterweight level, maybe on a scale of 1-10, I would give him 4/10.. :carnival:

Pacquiao's body punch would crack easily 4 out of your 10 ribs! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Hakuna Matata wrote:
jojo catam wrote:

Cotto: Yes, Papito! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:52 pm 
Heavyweight

jojo catam wrote:

panoorin mo ulit ang laban and not just base it on something you only saw once or twice before you post your stupid opinion. probably you don't want to watch it again because it was boring all thanks to clottey.
see round 11 again and tell me and the people here if pac's punch didn't affect clottey.
clottey was clearly staggered, when pac is either near or far from him he was keeping his hands up.but during that time he has to hold pac.had he been attacking at least a kd would have come earlier.

pac getting ko'ed is a possibilty against mosley, but no way possible against gayweather.
gay despite being overweight and naturally bigger than marquez was only able to knock him down once in one fight. pac on the other hand was able to knock marquez more than once in a single fight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm 
Middleweight

Coya_Payter wrote:
Pacquiao's body punch would crack easily 4 out of your 10 ribs! :biglaugh:

Maybe you are right..Because first of all, I am not a boxer..and I don't have the body and conditioning level of a boxer..What you have just said is a no-brainer at all..like you.. :carnival:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:05 pm 
Middleweight

radeon wrote:
panoorin mo ulit ang laban and not just base it on something you only saw once or twice before you post your stupid opinion. probably you don't want to watch it again because it was boring all thanks to clottey.
see round 11 again and tell me and the people here if pac's punch didn't affect clottey.
clottey was clearly staggered, when pac is either near or far from him he was keeping his hands up.but during that time he has to hold pac.had he been attacking at least a kd would have come earlier.

pac getting ko'ed is a possibilty against mosley, but no way possible against gayweather.
gay despite being overweight and naturally bigger than marquez was only able to knock him down once in one fight. pac on the other hand was able to knock marquez more than once in a single fight.

Clearly staggered, but never did he wobbled or did not even fold...

Pacquiao getting KO'd is still a possibility against Mayweather...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm 
Welterweight

jojo catam wrote:
radeon wrote:

And Mayweather getting KO is even more possible against Pacman........Cotto and Clottey hits harder than your arrogant idol and yet they were not able to KO or even KD Manny. Ano sa tingin mo? Ayaw mong tumingin....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm 
Middleweight

radeon wrote:

jojo catam wrote:

Ronnie Cruz wrote:
And Mayweather getting KO is even more possible against Pacman........Cotto and Clottey hits harder than your arrogant idol and yet they were not able to KO or even KD Manny. Ano sa tingin mo? Ayaw mong tumingin....

Oh and this Ronnie Cruz here claims that Floyd is my idol..What an !dito!!!!

Yes, Cotto and Clottey hits harder than Mayweather, if any boxer with decent power hits you in flurries and high accuraccy, will the possibility of a knockout diminish?

Do you even know the difference between a KO and a TKO?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

People forgot that Clottey is a BIG welterweight. He usually enters the ring at light middleweight. Plus the fact that no one really ever hurt Clottey even with big punchers such as Corrales, Judah, Margarito and Cotto in their respective fights because of his endurance and toughness.
But against PAC, he was very cautious from the start up to the end of the fight. He was afraid to open up for the reason that he might get caught and taste PAC’s punching power.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Clottey had diarrhea fighting pacman, how can you say he's not affected. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

jojo catam wrote:

you have to say washed up...but unlikely nonetheless, Manny is probably at the peak of his boxing career. You probably watched a different fight for the Pacquiao/Clottey bout was a long commercial ad that focused on Manny's famous stamina and what he would do to a known defensive boxer and that other guy was so damn scared of getting KTFO'd that he might be still in clamshell postion as I post this. Who other boxer do you know scares the sh*t out of his opponents like that?

Ate Mamasan': "Isang ligo lang yan!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 pm 
Heavyweight

How much do you think Clottey weighed at fight night? 160lbs?

For a guy who weighs 160lbs to cover up because of punches coming from a guy who weighs 145 lbs, that is some POWER that Pacquiao has!

You see, if Pacquiao's power is nothing, Clottey wont need to cover up too much. Checkout his other fights. He covers well, but he risks more because he knows he can take it.

With Pacquiao, he is very much afraid to open up his shell. Why? Because he knows he'll go down. That's more respect on Pacquiao's power than any of his other previous opponents!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm 
Welterweight

dami talaga bobo at tangang papansin dito sa pacland.

trans: TS is a stupid nonsense ***** :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next