Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:01 pm 
Middleweight

Here's a quote from Yahoo's News by Kevin Iole:

"Pacquiao chose to fight Margarito. From a business standpoint, it was the right move. But it proves that Pacquiao’s ethics are as questionable as Margarito’s. Why allow Margarito, who, I might add, was completely torn apart by Mosley after the advantage was removed from his wraps, to make that kind of money? When you sleep with dogs, you get fleas and Philippines congressman Pacquiao is flea-infested at the moment.

Never was there a thought of doing the right thing, of setting a good example for the people in his boxing-mad country and refusing to fight an obvious cheater. Instead, Pacquiao grabbed for the money and didn’t care if he rewarded Margarito handsomely in the process. Pacquiao is as despicable as the rest of the bunch."

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=k ... ense082610

I say: If Mr Iole is a man of his words, then he should BOYCOTT the fight. Or better yet, Top Rank should BAN him and NOT issue him a press credential!

http://alizeeamerica.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:07 pm 
Middleweight

Jake04 wrote:

"Pacquiao chose to fight Margarito. From a business standpoint, it was the right move. But it proves that Pacquiao’s ethics are as questionable as Margarito’s. Why allow Margarito, who, I might add, was completely torn apart by Mosley after the advantage was removed from his wraps, to make that kind of money? When you sleep with dogs, you get fleas and Philippines congressman Pacquiao is flea-infested at the moment.

Never was there a thought of doing the right thing, of setting a good example for the people in his boxing-mad country and refusing to fight an obvious cheater. Instead, Pacquiao grabbed for the money and didn’t care if he rewarded Margarito handsomely in the process. Pacquiao is as despicable as the rest of the bunch."

I say: If Mr Iole is a man of his words, then he should BOYCOTT the fight. Or better yet, Top Rank should BAN him and NOT issue him a press credential!

what do you expect from Kevin Ulol???? anyway??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm 
Welterweight

Read the whole article. Can't argue with what Lole is saying. Pacquiao sold his soul to the devil by accepting the fight. He had his chance to back out of the fight when California denied Margarito a license. Like he said "when you sleep with the dogs, you get fleas".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 pm 
Middleweight

KEVIN SHOULD BLAME KFC....HE HE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:12 pm 
Heavyweight

i agree with Iole here. shoot me :)

if Manny is as honorable as we all want him to be, he will choose to fight among these other capable and challenging fighters --- Berto, Bradley, Martinez, Williams. unfortunately for us, as Iole said, MP is going for the money.

end of the day, Manny will always tell us, he is a boxer and not a promoter, he will fight who Arum puts in front of him, which is sad, because i believe Manny now and before has enough clout to tell Arum "this is the fight i want, bring it", as opposed to being given someone like Margarito, who is not worthy of earning a huge payday vs Pacquiao because of the plaster issue. Really he didnt know about the plaster? right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm 
Middleweight

Manny was put in a no-win situation IMO. If he fights Cotto, people would criticize him coz he already beat him once. Marquez, let's be honest, it will be a no contest at 140 and above. Bradley, Khan, Maidana, Alexander, etc. not big enough names yet. Margarito is truly the only one that makes sense to me. He already served his suspension (did his time, ika nga). Let's give him a second chance. Mr. Iole should be blaming Floyd instead for this fight happening. We all know who Manny really wanted to fight. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this fight. Even though Margarito was beaten by Mosley, style makes fight! This is going to be an awesome fight!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Expect Ulol to make a story about Pac soon. He can't do anything since Pac will be most searched again in Yahoo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm 
Heavyweight

he allowed himself a no-win situation because arum gave him cotto or margo and he chose one of them. i am saying he should be big enough to tell arum, i dont want to fight either, cotto i beat already, and margo is a cheat.

i agree with you that Manny could easily beat Maidana, Alexander. he might find Khan and Bradley a little bit tougher. Berto, Williams, Martinez are the real treat for fight fans. Surely if Manny could fill texas stadium fighting a nobody like Clottey, it would be more interesting for fight fans if he fought live bodies like Berto, Williams, Martinez.

i think a martinez fight will even be equally if not better received by texans/mexicans than a margo fight.

oh well, it is what it is. let's enjoy the fight anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Jake04 wrote:

Pacquiao fights for funding for anti-human trafficking body

at least he will not get money from our taxes... 8)

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:36 pm 
Welterweight

It's BS that Margacheato was granted a license to fight again. To add more BS, you got the No 1 lb4lb fighting that cheat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Jake04 wrote:

Can't you guys still figure out Pacquiao?!? He is a warrior. He fights everyone. He ducks no one. Can't blame him for his warrior-stance. He'd rather fight a known cheater and punish him in the ring than avoid him and be branded a ducker like Mayweather.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:48 pm 
Welterweight

The guy is in Floydies' payroll ... so always expect him to write something bad about Pacquiao ... just don't mind - "we do not hate" - Jacky Chan 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Jake04 wrote:

thats his opinion and guess what? its shared by many boxing fans...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 pm 
Middleweight

studstar wrote:
he allowed himself a no-win situation because arum gave him cotto or margo and he chose one of them. i am saying he should be big enough to tell arum, i dont want to fight either, cotto i beat already, and margo is a cheat.

i agree with you that Manny could easily beat Maidana, Alexander. he might find Khan and Bradley a little bit tougher. Berto, Williams, Martinez are the real treat for fight fans. Surely if Manny could fill texas stadium fighting a nobody like Clottey, it would be more interesting for fight fans if he fought live bodies like Berto, Williams, Martinez.

i think a martinez fight will even be equally if not better received by texans/mexicans than a margo fight.

oh well, it is what it is. let's enjoy the fight anyway.

Can't wait! And, whatever other people say: This is by far Manny's TOUGHEST fight ever! Not only Margarito is tough as nail, he's also a volume puncher like Pacquiao. Manny threw over 1200 punches against Clottey, while Margarito threw over 1600 punches against the same guy!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm 
Welterweight

... And by the way... Kevin Iole already has a ringside ticket for the fight... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next