Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:56 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Ah another one liner guy on the loose. Pity his addled brain couldn't do more.


I have convinced the Moral Crusader (category #4), I'll take care of anti-catchweights or misguided PacFans (category#3) next. I'll prove to you that history won't diminish Manny Pacquiao's catchweight titles. The only reason Leonard's 5th title is being questioned is because today we compare it with Manny's. But writers of boxing history in another example of leaning more towards Leonard's status as a legend have made the 5th title legitimate.

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 6150
reigncourts wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Ah another one liner guy on the loose. Pity his addled brain couldn't do more.


I have convinced the Moral Crusader (category #4), I'll take care of anti-catchweights or misguided PacFans (category#3) next. I'll prove to you that history won't diminish Manny Pacquiao's catchweight titles. The only reason Leonard's 5th title is being questioned is because today we compare it with Manny's. But writers of boxing history in another example of leaning more towards Leonard's status as a legend have made the 5th title legitimate.



Hey, hey, hey....man, you're taking it a bit too far. Even before Manny came to prominence, those catchweight titles won by Leonard were already recurring brunt of criticisms on his legacy. Omnipresent in forum discussions and published articles regarding multiple,etc. division titleholders. Don't relate everything to Manny ok?

_________________
"PaiN MaKEs tHE MaN"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
helven wrote:
Can't you simply answer the question?
I don't know if you really have a poor comprehension or you're just deliberately trying to ignore it.
See the underlined statement above? That's what i want you to do.

My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.


Mars318 wrote:
Bradley, Berto, Williams have not fought big names while Margarito had fought guys like
Miguel Cotto
Paul Williams
Sergio Martinez
Joshua Clottey
Sugar Shane Mosley
Kermit Cintron

and 44 fights
and was ducked by Floyd Mayweather Jr.


I fully agree. Ask helven.

reigncourts answer:
In addition to Margacheato’s accomplishments stated by Mars318, he is now WBC International Champion for beating Roberto Garcia in a well attended (17,000 fans) in Mexico. Don't even mention the title is a fake because it was used by the Pacman himself in his climb to higher division titles.

Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia Results – Margarito Wins Against Garcia with UD – Here we are to feature boxing match tonight, its going to be with Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia for the top rank PPV. The results are out as of the moment with Margarito Wins Against Garcia with UD. The Boxing match took place at the La Feria de San Marcos , Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico. See some more of the highlights on this Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia Results. And now the Vacant WBC International light middleweight title has a owner and its Antonio Margarito.

Source: World Buzz Now! http://www.worldbuzznow.com/antonio-mar ... z0yLHacCUJ

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5942
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5942
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?


It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?
Perhaps, Henry Armstrong.

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 1955
Location: South Pole – Aitken basin
Subject should have been; reigncourts-helven transcripts of arguments..
or better yet, reigncourts getting owned bigtime.. :biglaugh:

---

Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

Yes, but a little..! Since a win is a win. But honestly, there are other
opponents out there who can give more value to Manny's WIN this November.

Anyway, fight is bound to happen. I wish Manny the best..!

_________________
- "Never Gone Just Out Of Sight"
- If I have 1 question to God, I would ask; who makes it in your top-100 best fighter of all time?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
helven wrote:
My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.

reigncourts reply:

Isinama mo pa si Williams, eh kay Foreman nga nalakihan na ang Manny. Sa isang Klitcko na lang kaya?

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
Tristan Cruz wrote:
Subject should have been; reigncourts-helven transcripts of arguments..
or better yet, reigncourts getting owned bigtime.. :biglaugh:

---

Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

Yes, but a little..! Since a win is a win. But honestly, there are other
opponents out there who can give more value to Manny's WIN this November.

Anyway, fight is bound to happen. I wish Manny the best..!


That's the spirit, bro. I liked that.

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5942
reigncourts wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?


It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time ]and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?
Perhaps, Henry Armstrong.


Marga's been fighting at Jr.Welter ? Are my eyes cheating me or was it a mental lapse?
If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 6150
reigncourts wrote:
helven wrote:
My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.

reigncourts reply:

Isinama mo pa si Williams, eh kay Foreman nga nalakihan na ang Manny. Sa isang Klitcko na lang kaya?


And may i ask the title of the thread where you copied the latest excerpts of our conversation from?

Isn't it entitled Reason why ARUM doesn't like Bradley, Berto, Williams?

Here's the link to fill your memory gaps >>> viewtopic.php?f=104&t=177395&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Round 1 score : Helven 10, reigncourts 9 :lol:

_________________
"PaiN MaKEs tHE MaN"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5942
helven wrote:
reigncourts wrote:
helven wrote:
My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.

reigncourts reply:

Isinama mo pa si Williams, eh kay Foreman nga nalakihan na ang Manny. Sa isang Klitcko na lang kaya?


And may i ask the title of the thread where you copied the latest excerpts of our conversation from?

Isn't it entitled Reason why ARUM doesn't like Bradley, Berto, Williams?

Here's the link to fill your memory gaps >>> viewtopic.php?f=104&t=177395&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Round 1 score : Helven 10, reigncourts 9 :lol:


It's even, helven's 1 pt. came from Emmanuel. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 6150
Bolo_Punch wrote:
reigncourts wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?


It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time ]and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?
Perhaps, Henry Armstrong.


Marga's been fighting at Jr.Welter ? Are my eyes cheating me or was it a mental lapse?
If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again. :lol:


Saw that one too. It's not mental lapse, he forgot to drink his Sustagen Premium this morning.

Round 2 score: helven 10, Reigncourts, 8 ( flash knockdown)

_________________
"PaiN MaKEs tHE MaN"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Posts: 4707
Location: City of Angels, Pamp
Marga's been fighting at Jr.Welter ? Are my eyes cheating me or was it a mental lapse?
If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again.

Saw that one too. It's not mental lapse, he forgot to drink his Sustagen Premium this morning.

Round 2 score: helven 10, Reigncourts, 8 ( flash knockdown)[/quote]

You saw a an obvious type error and you go wild with jubilation? Now I know I'm facing intellectual midgets or children. The title being fought is at Jr. MW and I was referring to that (154). I was expecting a dissenting comment from you on the substance, not a typo error.
You don't win debates on typhograpical errors alone and you scored a flash KD?
Btw, If you can hold on with you guns until after my next post on catch weight with Emman, the presentation would organized (not cluttered like the first time - No amount of Sustagen Premium can make me decipher what Emman was crying about :D ) .

_________________
I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____


Last edited by reigncourts on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 27553
Location: neverland
definitely yes.

it will give manny an unprecedented 8 belts in 8 different divisions.
a win over margarito will pave the way for cotto rematch (assuming he beat challengers) and possibly fight for unified jr. middleweight and ring title. that would give pacquiao a chance to win 5 lineal titles

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group