Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:56 am 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
Ah another one liner guy on the loose. Pity his addled brain couldn't do more.

I have convinced the Moral Crusader (category #4), I'll take care of anti-catchweights or misguided PacFans (category#3) next. I'll prove to you that history won't diminish Manny Pacquiao's catchweight titles. The only reason Leonard's 5th title is being questioned is because today we compare it with Manny's. But writers of boxing history in another example of leaning more towards Leonard's status as a legend have made the 5th title legitimate.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Ah another one liner guy on the loose. Pity his addled brain couldn't do more.

I have convinced the Moral Crusader (category #4), I'll take care of anti-catchweights or misguided PacFans (category#3) next. I'll prove to you that history won't diminish Manny Pacquiao's catchweight titles. The only reason Leonard's 5th title is being questioned is because today we compare it with Manny's. But writers of boxing history in another example of leaning more towards Leonard's status as a legend have made the 5th title legitimate.

Hey, hey, hey....man, you're taking it a bit too far. Even before Manny came to prominence, those catchweight titles won by Leonard were already recurring brunt of criticisms on his legacy. Omnipresent in forum discussions and published articles regarding multiple,etc. division titleholders. Don't relate everything to Manny ok?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:27 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
Can't you simply answer the question?
I don't know if you really have a poor comprehension or you're just deliberately trying to ignore it.
See the underlined statement above? That's what i want you to do.

My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.

Mars318 wrote:
Bradley, Berto, Williams have not fought big names while Margarito had fought guys like
Miguel Cotto
Paul Williams
Sergio Martinez
Joshua Clottey
Sugar Shane Mosley
Kermit Cintron

and 44 fights
and was ducked by Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I fully agree. Ask helven.

reigncourts answer:
In addition to Margacheato’s accomplishments stated by Mars318, he is now WBC International Champion for beating Roberto Garcia in a well attended (17,000 fans) in Mexico. Don't even mention the title is a fake because it was used by the Pacman himself in his climb to higher division titles.

Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia Results – Margarito Wins Against Garcia with UD – Here we are to feature boxing match tonight, its going to be with Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia for the top rank PPV. The results are out as of the moment with Margarito Wins Against Garcia with UD. The Boxing match took place at the La Feria de San Marcos , Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico. See some more of the highlights on this Antonio Margarito vs Roberto Garcia Results. And now the Vacant WBC International light middleweight title has a owner and its Antonio Margarito.

Source: World Buzz Now! http://www.worldbuzznow.com/antonio-mar ... z0yLHacCUJ

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Or is it going now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:58 pm 
Heavyweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Or is it going now?

It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?
Perhaps, Henry Armstrong.

____

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Subject should have been; reigncourts-helven transcripts of arguments..
or better yet, reigncourts getting owned bigtime.. :biglaugh:

---

Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

Yes, but a little..! Since a win is a win. But honestly, there are other
opponents out there who can give more value to Manny's WIN this November.

Anyway, fight is bound to happen. I wish Manny the best..!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
My dear friend...speak of latest accomplishments and PPV track record to justify that MARGARITO is indeed worthier than BERTO, BRADLEY and WILLIAMS. Regardless if he's in Top Rank or not, you still have to evaluate their respective merits.

Wala ka ng kawala, wag ka na magpalusot na kesyo stupid question. Eh hindi mo nga masagot ng diretso, pa ulit ulit ko ng tinatanong sa iyo.

reigncourts reply:

Isinama mo pa si Williams, eh kay Foreman nga nalakihan na ang Manny. Sa isang Klitcko na lang kaya?

____

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Tristan Cruz wrote:
Subject should have been; reigncourts-helven transcripts of arguments..
or better yet, reigncourts getting owned bigtime.. :biglaugh:

---

Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

Yes, but a little..! Since a win is a win. But honestly, there are other
opponents out there who can give more value to Manny's WIN this November.

Anyway, fight is bound to happen. I wish Manny the best..!

That's the spirit, bro. I liked that.

____

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Or is it going now?

It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time ]and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?

Marga's been fighting at Jr.Welter ? Are my eyes cheating me or was it a mental lapse?
If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
helven wrote:

reigncourts reply:

Isinama mo pa si Williams, eh kay Foreman nga nalakihan na ang Manny. Sa isang Klitcko na lang kaya?

And may i ask the title of the thread where you copied the latest excerpts of our conversation from?

Isn't it entitled Reason why ARUM doesn't like Bradley, Berto, Williams?

Here's the link to fill your memory gaps >>> viewtopic.php?f=104&t=177395&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Round 1 score : Helven 10, reigncourts 9 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
reigncourts wrote:
helven wrote:

reigncourts reply:

And may i ask the title of the thread where you copied the latest excerpts of our conversation from?

Isn't it entitled Reason why ARUM doesn't like Bradley, Berto, Williams?

Here's the link to fill your memory gaps >>> viewtopic.php?f=104&t=177395&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Round 1 score : Helven 10, reigncourts 9 :lol:

It's even, helven's 1 pt. came from Emmanuel. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
reigncourts wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Or is it going now?

It was going on since the Cotto win. And if you look at the size difference now that Manny and Marga met, you might wonder if the catchweight is enough to even up things in weight. Marga has been fighting at Jr Welter for some time ]and should be comfortable at 170 lbs come fight night against a 150 lb Jr.MW Manny. And to think people criticize the catchweight demand. How often does a great boxer in history give in to so much weight advantage?

Marga's been fighting at Jr.Welter ? Are my eyes cheating me or was it a mental lapse?
If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again. :lol:

Saw that one too. It's not mental lapse, he forgot to drink his Sustagen Premium this morning.

Round 2 score: helven 10, Reigncourts, 8 ( flash knockdown)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:32 pm 
Heavyweight

If it's the latter, correct it now, bros.helven and Emmanuel are rarin to attack again.

Saw that one too. It's not mental lapse, he forgot to drink his Sustagen Premium this morning.

Round 2 score: helven 10, Reigncourts, 8 ( flash knockdown)[/quote]

You saw a an obvious type error and you go wild with jubilation? Now I know I'm facing intellectual midgets or children. The title being fought is at Jr. MW and I was referring to that (154). I was expecting a dissenting comment from you on the substance, not a typo error.
You don't win debates on typhograpical errors alone and you scored a flash KD?
Btw, If you can hold on with you guns until after my next post on catch weight with Emman, the presentation would organized (not cluttered like the first time - No amount of Sustagen Premium can make me decipher what Emman was crying about :D ) .

____

Last edited by reigncourts on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 pm 
Heavyweight

definitely yes.

it will give manny an unprecedented 8 belts in 8 different divisions.
a win over margarito will pave the way for cotto rematch (assuming he beat challengers) and possibly fight for unified jr. middleweight and ring title. that would give pacquiao a chance to win 5 lineal titles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next