Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:43 pm 
Welterweight

just beacause margarito lost to mosely he is no longer good. what an assessment, the fact remains this cheater is a threat at fight night he will outweigh manny by at least 15 pounds. giving away at least 6 inches in reach and 5 inches in height that is already a feat. who really thinks bradley/marquez is a bigger threat than margo!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Humble wrote:
just beacause margarito lost to mosely he is no longer good. what an assessment, the fact remains this cheater is a threat at fight night he will outweigh manny by at least 15 pounds. giving away at least 6 inches in reach and 5 inches in height that is already a feat. who really thinks bradley/marquez is a bigger threat than margo!

Tell me about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
Before the Cotto win, you google Septuple Champion and you may find Hector Camacho with his 7 division title with major and minor title categories

Oh sure, and where does the supposedly Septuple Champion Hector Camacho rank in the All Time Great List? Top thirty, top forty or to be generous top fifty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
Quote:
Before the Cotto win, you google Septuple Champion and you may find Hector Camacho with his 7 division title with major and minor title categories

Oh sure, and where does the supposedly Septuple Champion Hector Camacho rank in the All Time Great List? Top thirty, top forty or to be generous top fifty.

Did you notice the minor category titles. And where is Manny Pacquiao in the ATG list may I ask you? It's not there simply because the list has not been updated to reflect Manny's full record and this can only happen after Manny is long retired. And you didn't know these? Hmm.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
Emmanuel53:
1. Did you read my rebuttal or are you simply dense? I actually provided you with the article written by Steve Kim who interviewed Roach at the Wild Card Gym for Doghouse Boxing. So it was Steve Kim quoting Freddie Roach. I now provided the actual first hand source. And the fact that Pac-Margo was agreed at a catchweight of 151 lbs. doesn't mean that the quote was untrue. You're saying that Steve Kim, one of the most respected boxing writers hereabouts, lied ??? Why should I not pounce on your penchant for mouthing untruths and falsehoods?

2."In mathematics I can define almost any fact or truth and nobody can ever say I'm wrong" - mathematics is an exact science and this statement is obviously fallacious- in mathematics, there are rules which strictly limit definitions. This statement is an absurdity. Mathematics is for the most part QUANTITATIVE or things which can be measured . Your definitions are far from that - they're QUALITATIVE or qualities, conditions. Quantities can be added up, subtracted, multiplied or divided. Can you now discern the absurdity of your logic?

The above statements are your opinions and as I said before, I don’t debate with opinions because they tend to be drawn out endlessly. There’s got to be a limit to that..
But just to show you qualitative statements can also be solved by the simplest of mathematical presentation;
Let x = ripe mangoes
y = green mangoes
2x + x = 3x = 3 ripe mangoes
3x + 5y = 3 ripe mangoes + 5 green mangoes
x + y + z = 1 ripe mango + 1green mango + 1 undefined quantity

Let x’ = catchweight when fight is made outside division limits, weigh-in day before f
= Pac-Dela Hoya agreement
y’ = x’ = Pac-Cotto agreement
z’ = y’ = Pac – Margo agreement
Then, x’ + y’ + z’ = 3x’ = 3 catchweight fights for Manny Pacquiao

Question: Can you find any of the above statements as False? Who says qualitative statements cannot be represented mathematically? You can if you know how. Hmm.

“ SINCE WE BOTH NOW AGREE THAT A TITLE WON ON A CATCHWEIGHT IS LEGITIMATE, THIS ISSUE ON CATCHWEIGHT IS RESOLVED BETWEEN US.”

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Quote:

Did you notice the minor category titles. And where is Manny Pacquiao in the ATG list may I ask you? It's not there simply because the list has not been updated to reflect Manny's full record and this can only happen after Manny is long retired. And you didn't know these? Hmm.

And what do you know? Are you sure only retired or Hall of Famers are qualified in the ATG list? Hey raincoat, i doubt it if Hector Camacho will ever make it to the ATG list. Didn't we discuss it before that the NUMBER OF BELTS don't equate to Greatness? He was the first to reach that category but his IBC and NBA titles hardly earned him the prestigious distinction Manny had. Heck, the Macho Man doesn't even belong in the Top 3 greatest Puerto Rican boxers ever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Before the Cotto win, you google Septuple Champion and you may find Hector Camacho with his 7 division title with major and minor title categories[/quote]

Emmanuel53:

reigncourts:

helven wrote:
And what do you know? Are you sure only retired or Hall of Famers are qualified in the ATG list? Hey raincoat, i doubt it if Hector Camacho will ever make it to the ATG list. Didn't we discuss it before that the NUMBER OF BELTS don't equate to Greatness? He was the first to reach that category but his IBC and NBA titles hardly earned him the prestigious distinction Manny had. Heck, the Macho Man doesn't even belong in the Top 3 greatest Puerto Rican boxers ever.

reigncourts:
Hey Robin, I only said if you google Septuple Champion before the Pac-Cotto fight you only find Hector Camacho's name with his minor category titles to back up the claim. Read my whole post and not only the quote. Manny's name I said is not there since the list is not updated to reflect his whole record. If you think this can happen even before Manny retires, well and good - Your group is doing a good job giving us this information. Btw- Didn't I say the 8th title is also for the record?

____

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:29 am 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Quote:
Emmanuel53:
1. Did you read my rebuttal or are you simply dense? I actually provided you with the article written by Steve Kim who interviewed Roach at the Wild Card Gym for Doghouse Boxing. So it was Steve Kim quoting Freddie Roach. I now provided the actual first hand source. And the fact that Pac-Margo was agreed at a catchweight of 151 lbs. doesn't mean that the quote was untrue. You're saying that Steve Kim, one of the most respected boxing writers hereabouts, lied ??? Why should I not pounce on your penchant for mouthing untruths and falsehoods?

2."In mathematics I can define almost any fact or truth and nobody can ever say I'm wrong" - mathematics is an exact science and this statement is obviously fallacious- in mathematics, there are rules which strictly limit definitions. This statement is an absurdity. Mathematics is for the most part QUANTITATIVE or things which can be measured . Your definitions are far from that - they're QUALITATIVE or qualities, conditions. Quantities can be added up, subtracted, multiplied or divided. Can you now discern the absurdity of your logic?

The above statements are your opinions and as I said before, I don’t debate with opinions because they tend to be drawn out endlessly. There’s got to be a limit to that..
But just to show you qualitative statements can also be solved by the simplest of mathematical presentation;
Let x = ripe mangoes
y = green mangoes
2x + x = 3x = 3 ripe mangoes
3x + 5y = 3 ripe mangoes + 5 green mangoes
x + y + z = 1 ripe mango + 1green mango + 1 undefined quantity

Let x’ = catchweight when fight is made outside division limits, weigh-in day before f
= Pac-Dela Hoya agreement
y’ = x’ = Pac-Cotto agreement
z’ = y’ = Pac – Margo agreement
Then, x’ + y’ + z’ = 3x’ = 3 catchweight fights for Manny Pacquiao

Question: Can you find any of the above statements as False? Who says qualitative statements cannot be represented mathematically? You can if you know how. Hmm.

“ SINCE WE BOTH NOW AGREE THAT A TITLE WON ON A CATCHWEIGHT IS LEGITIMATE, THIS ISSUE ON CATCHWEIGHT IS RESOLVED BETWEEN US.”

Quote:
Quote:
reigncourts wrote:
It's my own interpretation and according to my own definition,
let x = agreed weight + day of fight weigh in (fights held outside division limits)
let y = catchweight = agreed weight + day before fight weigh-in. (fights held outside
division limits)
Since Pac-Hoya fight was made at 147 (way out of div limits of both fighters) and day before fight weigh-in, then it is = to y = a catchweight. It' something like that.
In mathematics I can define almost any fact or truth and nobody can ever say I'm wrong, unless somebody comes up saying I'm wrong then we debate on it. 1 + 1 is always 2.

OK give me the numerical equivalents for agreed weight + day of fight weigh in or agreed weight + day before the fight weigh in. Mathematics is primarily numbers and even if there are conditions which you state they should be quantified.
From my days in high school the the letters still represent numbers such as
let x = distance between school and home
y= hrs of travel time
Z= speed of vehicle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 am 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53
OK give me the numerical equivalents for agreed weight + day of fight weigh in or agreed weight + day of the fight weigh in. Mathematics is primarily numbers and even if there are conditions which you state they should be quantified. From my days in high school the the letters still represent numbers such as
y= hrs of travel time
Z= speed of vehicle

Reigncourts answers:
I don’t even want to answer this but I’ll try for the last time. When you see a plus (+) sign it may not always mean you add 2 quantities. In this case it means adding 2 or 3 qualities to define the term catchweight. The three qualities have to be present to satisfy the definition of a catchweight. An engineering subject, Analytic Geometry teaches us that not all equations can lead us to an exact number. One reason is the number 0 multiplied by any number is zero, but any number divided by 0 is infinity (a term that has no quantitative value). From analytics you move up to calculus to diferrential equations. Obviously I need not answer our high school math, do we?

____

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:52 am 
Heavyweight

Sure since it's a title fight but what's hurting his legacy is he is fighting for another title at a catchweight. If they fought at 154 then he would get more credit. Haters are always gonna bring up the catchweight BS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 am 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:

Emmanuel53
OK give me the numerical equivalents for agreed weight + day of fight weigh in or agreed weight + day of the fight weigh in. Mathematics is primarily numbers and even if there are conditions which you state they should be quantified. From my days in high school the the letters still represent numbers such as
y= hrs of travel time
Z= speed of vehicle

Reigncourts answers:
I don’t even want to answer this but I’ll try for the last time. When you see a plus (+) sign it may not always mean you add 2 quantities. In this case it means adding 2 or 3 qualities to define the term catchweight. The three qualities have to be present to satisfy the definition of a catchweight. An engineering subject, Analytic Geometry teaches us that not all equations can lead us to an exact number. One reason is the number 0 multiplied by any number is zero, but any number divided by 0 is infinity (a term that has no quantitative value). From analytics you move up to calculus to diferrential equations. Obviously I need not answer our high school math, do we?

And who defines these qualities?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:28 am 
Heavyweight

lbcya99 wrote:
Sure since it's a title fight but what's hurting his legacy is he is fighting for another title at a catchweight. If they fought at 154 then he would get more credit. Haters are always gonna bring up the catchweight BS.

At least not from Batman and Robin. :D

____

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:37 am 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
reigncourts wrote:

Emmanuel53
y= hrs of travel time
Z= speed of vehicle

Reigncourts answers:

emmanuel53 wrote:
I don't profess to be a math expert but it seems to me that what you did was simply transpose your own definition of catchweight including the qualities which aren't specified in any known description into an equation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 am 
Heavyweight

Quote:

emmanuel53 wrote:
I don't profess to be a math expert but it seems to me that what you did was simply transpose your own definition of catchweight including the qualities which aren't specified in any known description into an equation.

See reference 1, Origin of day before fight weigh-ins. It's been there, linked and posted in it's entirety for several times. You really amaze me, Batman. Now only you are asking.

____

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 am 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Quote:

emmanuel53 wrote:

See reference 1, Origin of day before fight weigh-ins. It's been there, linked and posted in it's entirety for several times. You really amaze me, Batman. Now only you are asking.

Amazingly boneheaded as usual Penguin. Not a peep on the article relating it to catchweight. I should have known, that you would try another tack to shove that definition on our throats.
I thought you would dig deeper, apparently you've come up with nothing. I also believed you put it on record how you would expose my bag of tricks which embarrassed you no end in making a certain admission. I mean, two very simple questions outwitted the Penguin, of all people.
Well Mr. Penguin you left a bag of questions hanging in the air with your usual misdirection.

Quote:
Quote:
reigncourts wrote:
Next few posts I’ll show Emman’s little bag of tricks to make me admit I said the skills are a factor in determining an agreed weight “to level the playing field”. Meanwhile please watch a You Tube video as proof I have not made any contradictory statements.

He made that declaration several pages ago and yet I'm still waiting. See, there's only so much you can analyze in that back and forth since there were only two very simple questions involved. And if he really knew, then he would have shown it immediately. But since the Penguin didn't, he crafted that statement hoping that this would be forgotten and buried in several pages of posts.
Typical Penguin with the raincoat bluster with no muster.

Quote:
reigncourts wrote:
Here is your latest example: I posed the question “Is a title won by a catchweight legitimate or not?
Your answer: An article quoting another writer quoting Freddie Roach saying he don’t believe in catchweights. The Roach quote is obviously not true (misquoted I said or whatever) because in fact the Pac-Margo fight is agreed at a catchweight of 151 lbs. Instead of saying you agree with Roach saying he didn’t believe in catchweight to answer my query, you pounce on this misquoted thing or whatever and blah, blah, blah in highlights and exclamations

In a preceding post, I provided the first hand source who was Steve Kim conducting the interview with Freddie Roach. But then he dismisses the Roach quote as "not true" or "misquoted." He also persists in saying that I posted an article written by Chris Williams quoting another writer, Steve Kim, but then I already provided the original article where the quote was lifted.
1. Firstly, he said Graham Houston was incorrect in classifying Jenkins vs. Armstrong as a catchweight
2. Then raincoat says Chris Williams the writer who used Steve Kim's article as basis is a biased source
3. Lastly, he implies that Steve Kim of Maxboxing, perhaps one of the most widely read young scribes in the sport either lied or misquoted Roach in that interview which took place at the Wild Card Gym.

In this thread alone Penguin demeans the reputation of three scribes, namely - Graham Houston, Chris Williams, and Steve Kim.
And all because their articles aren't supportive of his own views. Just imagine if I found other writers who would be supportive of mine. On second thought, perhaps the Penguin should also include Freddie Roach in that bunch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next