Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:12 am 
Cruiserweight

helven wrote:
THREAD TITLE: Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

reigncourts wrote:
Watch how Floyd Mayweather looked like he has seen a ghost when Margarito challenged him for the Welterweight title. After the incident Floydie again feigned retirement to duck not only Margo but Mosley and Cotto as well. A win by Pacquiao over Margarito fight makes him a better Welterweight Champion than Floyd, having won over the last of the Welterweight top contenders that Mayweather ducked, except Mosley.

If Floyd ducks Manny again after Margarito, a last battle with the Pacman would be
Shane Mosley at Welterweight. No catchweight, only day of the fight weigh-in. (147lbs for both.) or whatever they agree upon. A win over Mosley forever seals Floyd Mayweather’s legacy as runner-up to The Pacman. Manny Pacquiao will then be remembered as P4P King in two divisions, The Featherweights and Welterweights in his reign.

Manny Pacquiao vs Margarito after Mayweather Ducks Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3DJAI6Cac

I don't know if that was intentional but your INTRODUCTION has nothing to do with your topic. Since Emmanuel has already addressed your title, it's just fitting that you express your own thoughts so we can all get back on the right track. That way, we will fully understand how you view the upcoming fight as vital to Manny's legacy.

I agree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 am 
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?

As usual bro. Others will say this and that once Pacman defeats Margarito. A usual Crab in the house I mean.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

All Pac is doin is adding to his legacy but he needs not to prove himself although a trilogy with Marquez will surely convince the critics that Manny has stepped up the ladder of ranks and to finally close the coffin on this debacle.......I may predict that a fight with Floyda might just happen......since he has said recently that he's agreed to the test so theres still a crack in the door......2cents.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:14 pm 
Heavyweight

couchboxer wrote:
Damn reigncourts, you're a little bit too long winded for these forums. You create a book-size topic for a thread, then follow it up with an epic novel-size of another post to this lame thread. I say ho-hum. :snoring:

I stopped discussing this issue on catchweights and Margarito's case because of the long winded response from helven and Emmanuel53. I was posting at die hard's thread and when they started pasting their long statement again I thought it wise to lead them here in respect of the TS. You post everything including theirs and say I'm the one making long winded statements.

DID YOU ACHIEVE ORGASM WITH THIS LONG-AZZ POST?

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO FELL ASLEEP, YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST SATISFYING
ORGASM DREAMING OF WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 pm 
Heavyweight

LightSpeed wrote:
helven wrote:
THREAD TITLE: Will Manny win over Margo enhance his Legacy?

reigncourts wrote:
Watch how Floyd Mayweather looked like he has seen a ghost when Margarito challenged him for the Welterweight title. After the incident Floydie again feigned retirement to duck not only Margo but Mosley and Cotto as well. A win by Pacquiao over Margarito fight makes him a better Welterweight Champion than Floyd, having won over the last of the Welterweight top contenders that Mayweather ducked, except Mosley.

If Floyd ducks Manny again after Margarito, a last battle with the Pacman would be
Shane Mosley at Welterweight. No catchweight, only day of the fight weigh-in. (147lbs for both.) or whatever they agree upon. A win over Mosley forever seals Floyd Mayweather’s legacy as runner-up to The Pacman. Manny Pacquiao will then be remembered as P4P King in two divisions, The Featherweights and Welterweights in his reign.

Manny Pacquiao vs Margarito after Mayweather Ducks Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3DJAI6Cac

I don't know if that was intentional but your INTRODUCTION has nothing to do with your topic. Since Emmanuel has already addressed your title, it's just fitting that you express your own thoughts so we can all get back on the right track. That way, we will fully understand how you view the upcoming fight as vital to Manny's legacy.

I agree. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The second TS post tells it all. The discussions were carried over from another thread as agreed.The first TS post had no replies at that point.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
couchboxer wrote:
Damn reigncourts, you're a little bit too long winded for these forums. You create a book-size topic for a thread, then follow it up with an epic novel-size of another post to this lame thread. I say ho-hum. :snoring:

I stopped discussing this issue on catchweights and Margarito's case because of the long winded response from helven and Emmanuel53. I was posting at die hard's thread and when they started pasting their long statement again I thought it wise to lead them here in respect of the TS. You post everything including theirs and say I'm the one making long winded statements.

TS, just tell us if you'd rather talk about orgasm or you've decided to abandon your thread once again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:23 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
couchboxer wrote:

dont be pikon, you say something and when these guys start to pick you apart you just jump to another thread and start attacking another angle, and again these guys come and kick your butt, lol... why not stay in one thread and defend your points? its pathetic to read you declaring yourself the winner in the middle of a debate and make a quick exit to jump to another thread, thank god for you most of the huggers here are on your side coz in another more unbiased forum theyd call your bullshiit in the spot...

and im not hating you, i enjoy your posts like helvens and emmannuels, just dont like the thread hopping, dont pull a mayweather bro...

:biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

beating a featherfisted bum in disgrace and at a catchweight? yeah, of course... :biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:35 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
Please produce the statement where i said catchweight is non legit. Please do me that favor. You really have trouble understanding a simple explanation, let alone the textbook definition of catchweight as it applies to actual agreement between two fighters - opting not to fight at a designated weight division limit (say 150 lbs., Pac-Margo) and those opting to fight at a designated weight limit albeit they must weigh in on the same day of the fight (ex. 160 lbs., Hagler- Leonard).

If you're misinterpreting my refusal to support the proposed 150 lbs. light middleweight fight between Pac vs. Margo as something illegitimate, you're mistaken! On the surface, it's a legit catchweight bout by all means but in the manner it's being manipulated and abused is wrong! Twice in a row for Manny is a clear exploitation of catchweight privilege cloaked in the guise of historic significance. And to think, WBC connived with Top Rank to bypass the most worthy challengers who should be disputing the vacant WBC light middleweight title. If you think i'm contradicting myself - again, the burden of proof is for you to show my statement that says Pac vs. Margo is non legit.

Ok, I said imply. And if you believe on the legitimacy of a catchweight just like a day of fight weigh-in is legit, we don’t have any disagreement on that. And at this point I’m not about to open anything that can lead to more contradictions. And as I have pointed out in this exchange;

Helven’s answer to studstar:
That's a very sensible answer my friend. That single post MAKES MORE SENSE than all REIGNCOURTS' posts put together.

reigncourts answer:
Fifty years from now people, even the diehard boxing fans won't even remember Margarito's name, unless he beats Manny. All they will be talking about is only a Great Filipino Boxer was able to achieve 8 titles in as many weight divisions. They would not talk of a die hard, reigncourts, helven or studstar as having helped Manny to reach the top. Does that make sense to us people?

studstar wrote:
^totoo yan brad. we dont matter in the grand scheme of things. i have a 12yr old son though, who is into sports and syempre boxing, he's asked me about the merits of a margarito fight, and i told him basically the same thing i posted. i am not against margo fighting pac, but not this soon, in what really looks like a lottery win. i also believe margarito knew about the plaster, from evreything ive read about the topic he shld know he had something on.

it might not matter to historians and anyone outside my family, but i think it does matter to my son, who still believes in fairness, equality and justice, and i hope it resonates in his lifetime and when he has kids himself.

helven noted:
On a personal note, that is a very true. It would have been easier to keep silent about this but seeing someone echoing the absurdity of Bob Arum in this forum is just too much to bear.

And to helven query:
IF MARGARITO IS NOT A TOP RANK GUY, DO YOU THINK HE STILL DESERVES IT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE?

reigncourts wrote:
IF MARGARITO IS NOT A TOP RANK GUY MAYBE HE’S BANNED FROM BOXING FOREVER. AND BY THE SAME TOKEN IF MANNY IS NOT A TOP RANK GUY, IT’S DOUBTFUL IF HE HAS GONE PAST HIS FIFTH TITLE. IT IS WITH BOB ARUMS PROMOTIONAL SKILLS THAT LED TO THE PAC-HATTON AND PAC-COTTO FIGHTS. FILIPINO CULTURE DICTATES THAT “YOU DON’T BITE THE HANDS THAT FEEDS YOU” AND MANNY SHOULD NOT BE FAULTED FOR ADHERING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO THIS NORM AS LONG AS HE IS NOT COMMITTING ANY INFRACTION TO THE RULES.

I rest my case on catchweights and the moral issues on Pacquiao vs Margarito match-up.
Let others have their say.

____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Thousand Sunny wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Yes, Manny's win will enhance and legalized his legacy.
Now, expect this legacy to be the next topic of heated debates.
Or is it going now?

As usual bro. Others will say this and that once Pacman defeats Margarito. A usual Crab in the house I mean.

Did you say Crab, bro? Hey, I like to eat Crabs.

____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:42 pm 
Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
All Pac is doin is adding to his legacy but he needs not to prove himself although a trilogy with Marquez will surely convince the critics that Manny has stepped up the ladder of ranks and to finally close the coffin on this debacle.......I may predict that a fight with Floyda might just happen......since he has said recently that he's agreed to the test so theres still a crack in the door......2cents.

I got your point, bro. The purpose of this thread is based on my belief that Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao. I am convinced he's making a detour off Pacquiao towards achieving a better legacy. In a nutshell, he comes back after Manny retires, beats a carefully picked MW and Super MW champion for his 6th and 7th titles and he ties Manny's record. If in the process he gets his own BWAA and retires undefeated, he is indeed #1 GOAT. But with Manny's 8th title, Floyd has no more choice but to beat Manny to improve his legacy.

____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
Reigncourts wrote:

Read again and pls. don’t misquote or assume you know my thoughts (again speculate).
ON MARGARITO DESERVING THE #2 RANKING I SAID IT WAS WBC’s HOCUS-POCUS. Reference to the Leonard-Hagler fight is all about Manny as P4P #1. You misread me on that.

If even one of the most ardent and vocal defenders of this match up accepts the dubious circumstances surrounding this bout,
how can a win enhance Manny's legacy?

As I said earlier, this statement implies, nay even says that:

1. The WBC under which auspices the match is being held can be considered shady in its dealings

2. The obvious implication is Margarito doesn't deserve to have a shot at the title by virtue of that dubious #2 or is it #1 ranking

Quote:
reigncourts wrote:

Teka, teka. I beg your pardon but "worst" here is taken out of context. It's meant to be WORST IN MANNY'S LEGACY in relation to Leonard's. And Marga IS A VERY BAD MATCH UP because the best match-up for Manny is still Mayweather.

Even if taken in context and in relation to another fighter's legacy, how can you make a positive spin on the "worst in Manny's legacy" and make it "enhance his (Manny's) legacy?
On an additional note, if the best match up for Manny is still Mayweather, certainly there is a second or third alternative, but choosing a very bad match up instead, would that really contribute constructively to Manny's legacy?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:

Read again and pls. don’t misquote or assume you know my thoughts (again speculate).
reigncourts’ quote:
“ON MARGARITO DESERVING THE #2 RANKING I SAID IT WAS WBC’s HOCUS-POCUS. Reference to the Leonard-Hagler fight is all about Manny as P4P #1. You misread me on that.”

If even one of the most ardent and vocal defenders of this match up accepts the dubious circumstances surrounding this bout,

1. The WBC under which auspices the match is being held can be considered shady in its dealings

2. The obvious implication is Margarito doesn't deserve to have a shot at the title by virtue of that dubious #2 or is it #1 ranking.

Reigncourts answer:
1. The WBC hocus pocus I was referring to is the practice of WBC giving the WBC International titles in matches and declaring the winners of this title as #1 challenger to the world title. This Margarito vs Garcia was for one such title, the WBC International Jr MW. That made the cheater a #1 challenger to the WBC Jr. MW title. That’s the hocus pocus.

2. And I’m not about to questioning this practice of WBC because it’s legal and Manny has also benefited in many instances in his climb up the ranks. The hocus pocus is legal and other ABC organizations are also doing it.

____

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:27 pm 
Heavyweight

reigncourts wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:

reigncourts’ quote:
“ON MARGARITO DESERVING THE #2 RANKING I SAID IT WAS WBC’s HOCUS-POCUS. Reference to the Leonard-Hagler fight is all about Manny as P4P #1. You misread me on that.”

2. The obvious implication is Margarito doesn't deserve to have a shot at the title by virtue of that dubious #2 or is it #1 ranking.

Reigncourts answer:
1. The WBC hocus pocus I was referring to is the practice of WBC giving the WBC International titles in matches and declaring the winners of this title as #1 challenger to the world title. This Margarito vs Garcia was for one such title, the WBC International Jr MW. That made the cheater a #1 challenger to the WBC Jr. MW title. That’s the hocus pocus.

2. And I’m not about to questioning this practice of WBC because it’s legal and Manny has also benefited in many instances in his climb up the ranks. The hocus pocus is legal and other ABC organizations are also doing it.

Hocus pocus - foolishness or empty pretense used especially to disguise deception or chicanery. How can this type of manipulation enhance Manny's legacy?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm 
Middleweight

what legacy?
legacy of beating downhill and class b fighters?
@ catchwieght?
:lol:

Ecclesiastes 2:13 Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next