Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 am 
Heavyweight

He can copy the training regimen but he cant copy pacman's brain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Art Garcia wrote:
I believe this is really what happened behind the scene.

Sa tindi ng palo nagkulay talong na!

Trans: Margo is really being hit with so much intensity its turning purple already.

now i know why his eyes turned to eggplant! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Its not worth copying Pacman. Pacman's style only fit him :). He would have been better off staying in his old style.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

peterjack wrote:

hahaha with the same training manny still won because of his boxing skills and natural hand and foot speed with power.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Lahat ng boxer ginagawa yan pre!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 pm 
Heavyweight

He need to be original the next time :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 pm 
Heavyweight

He better be back to his own style if he faces Cotto again. No more copying :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:27 pm 
Heavyweight

He probably will be more successful if he revert to his old style. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:01 am 
Cruiserweight

rjunz1 wrote:

You are right bro rjunz1, many boxers (but I don't think "all" boxers do this) and not just boxers but also other practitioner/fighters from different fighting disciplines or martial arts do this.

This kind of training of hitting the body with the stick is called "Pain conditioning"; this kind of training is not unique to boxing, because other Martial arts discipline also do this.

The goal is to numb or to some extent destroy the nerve endings in that part of your body, by repeatedly subjecting it to pain; also, so that your body will be accustomed to pain, you won't curl up into a ball, run way or anything similar to it if you suddenly feel pain.

Here is a practitioner of the Indonesian martial art of Silat going through their version of "stick training":
(but this is somewhat brutal compared to Manny's "stick training", which is understandable because Silat is a true warrior art.)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jTpsf0tWD0

Other martial arts that use this kind of training, the "pain conditioning" stick training, are... Muay fighters (Muay Thai, Muay Boran and other similar kickboxing martial arts from South East Asia).

Note: If I'm not mistaken (needs further verification), Manny was able to pick up on this "stick training" during his visits/fights in Thailand, apparently... Muay Thai fighters include it in their training.

There are also a wide variety of "pain conditioning" employed by different Martial Arts disciplines:

Aside from the video above, Silat fighters of Indonesia and Malaysia also dip parts of their body, often their hands in boiling cauldron of oil, the goal of Silat masters is to destroy the nerve endings and also to test the student if he has the courage, mental strength and if he fully trusts his masters.
(There is a short episode about Silat shown on National Geographic Channel, they also touched this topic briefly.)

Karate fighters in Japan also perform a different kind of "pain conditioning", they repeatedly punch a hard wood tree trunk until they break the little bones in their knuckles, their purpose here is to get accustomed to the pain and they also believe that this will toughen their knuckles, their knuckles will develop calluses and they believe it will toughen their bones by repeatedly breaking it, I think it's the equivalent of Muay Thai fighters repeatedly kicking hard objects using their shins in training, to toughen their shins.
(Was able to watch it on Discovery Channel's Fight Quest show.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 am 
Cruiserweight

Margarito copied Pac's way of training and Pac's training coach. Result Brutal Beating :(
:toast: :batman: :peace:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:08 am 
Lightweight

Juramentado wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:

You are right bro rjunz1, many boxers (but I don't think "all" boxers do this) and not just boxers but also other practitioner/fighters from different fighting disciplines or martial arts do this.

This kind of training of hitting the body with the stick is called "Pain conditioning"; this kind of training is not unique to boxing, because other Martial arts discipline also do this.

The goal is to numb or to some extent destroy the nerve endings in that part of your body, by repeatedly subjecting it to pain; also, so that your body will be accustomed to pain, you won't curl up into a ball, run way or anything similar to it if you suddenly feel pain.

Here is a practitioner of the Indonesian martial art of Silat going through their version of "stick training":
(but this is somewhat brutal compared to Manny's "stick training", which is understandable because Silat is a true warrior art.)

Other martial arts that use this kind of training, the "pain conditioning" stick training, are... Muay fighters (Muay Thai, Muay Boran and other similar kickboxing martial arts from South East Asia).

Note: If I'm not mistaken (needs further verification), Manny was able to pick up on this "stick training" during his visits/fights in Thailand, apparently... Muay Thai fighters include it in their training.

There are also a wide variety of "pain conditioning" employed by different Martial Arts disciplines:

Aside from the video above, Silat fighters of Indonesia and Malaysia also dip parts of their body, often their hands in boiling cauldron of oil, the goal of Silat masters is to destroy the nerve endings and also to test the student if he has the courage, mental strength and if he fully trusts his masters.
(There is a short episode about Silat shown on National Geographic Channel, they also touched this topic briefly.)

Karate fighters in Japan also perform a different kind of "pain conditioning", they repeatedly punch a hard wood tree trunk until they break the little bones in their knuckles, their purpose here is to get accustomed to the pain and they also believe that this will toughen their knuckles, their knuckles will develop calluses and they believe it will toughen their bones by repeatedly breaking it, I think it's the equivalent of Muay Thai fighters repeatedly kicking hard objects using their shins in training, to toughen their shins.

Aside from pain conditioning, these things also create micro damages that when healed produces a more tolerant and stronger muscle. Kickboxers kick hard objects with their shins or put repeated trauma to it, this breaks some part of the shin and again when healed makes up a stronger and thicker bone, it's called cortical remodelling if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 am 
Cruiserweight

chevalier wrote:
Juramentado wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:

Aside from pain conditioning, these things also create micro damages that when healed produces a more tolerant and stronger muscle. Kickboxers kick hard objects with their shins or put repeated trauma to it, this breaks some part of the shin and again when healed makes up a stronger and thicker bone, it's called cortical remodelling if I'm not mistaken.

I also learned the same thing on Discovery Channel's Fight Quest show bro chevalier, they said that the Japanese Karate fighter guy on the show was trying to break the little bones in his knuckles by punching hardwood tree trunk, so that when it heals up his knuckles will have stronger and thicker bones.

I guess this is what happens when a kick boxer does not properly toughen up his shin before using it in a fight, he breaks them:

Link:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvGo7iP3ZDM

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsYPKotBT8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Juramentado wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:

Tumpak bro. Hope that the TS is around reading your post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:37 pm 
Lightweight

Juramentado wrote:
I guess this is what happens when a kick boxer does not properly toughen up his shin before using it in a fight, he breaks them:

Err. Yeah. You can also try it, try kicking my shin. Oh well I'm just kidding. :lol: . I sometimes hold back my kicks when hitting am, bags that are a little hard in fear of breaking mine. Nakakakilabot yung nabalian ng shin sa laban, nag mukang bulate yung leg. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 am 
Cruiserweight

chevalier wrote:
Juramentado wrote:

Err. Yeah. You can also try it, try kicking my shin. Oh well I'm just kidding. :lol: . I sometimes hold back my kicks when hitting am, bags that are a little hard in fear of breaking mine. Nakakakilabot yung nabalian ng shin sa laban, nag mukang bulate yung leg. :cry:

Diba sa Thailand sa Banana tree muna sila nag tre-train pre; edi yun muna ang sipain mo kaysa sa hard bags, suggestion lang naman. :)

Trans:
I saw on the show Human Weapon of History Channel an episode about Muay Thai fighters from Thailand kicking banana trees to toughen up their shins, search it on youtube bro chevalier, Human Weapon episode Thailand, I think it's still there; the show was the equivalent of Fight Quest show by Discovery Channel.

I enjoy watching shows like that, sort of tells me the history and gives me an idea of how the warriors in a particular region/kingdom fight during wartime in the ancient past, also informs me or gives me a brief background about another Martial Arts discipline. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next