Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: SHAME ON ROBERT GARCIA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am 
Middleweight

now that margarito will have surgery for a broken right eye socket, u can now shove that "i am a mexican and i will not quit" macho crap up ur a$$

freddie is right (once again). garcia should have stopped the fight before round 11 started to protect his boxer from further and hence unnecessary harm. what if marg suffered more than just an eye socket injury? what if his eyes suffered injuries as well and we all know wat happens if the athletic commissions find out u have eye problems, ur boxing career is practically over

the only way margarito can win that fight was to KO manny but u cant hit someone u can barely see and as fast as manny. mexicans have already proven to the whole world their hearts and no one doubts it but if against the baddest man in boxing, there is no shame in losing to manny pacquiao.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am 
Heavyweight

Nonito Donaire haters are counting on Robert to do the same thing should the former get a savage beating. ;biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:35 am 
Heavyweight

RaMoNe wrote:
now that margarito will have surgery for a broken right eye socket, u can now shove that "i am a mexican and i will not quit" macho crap up ur a$$

freddie is right (once again). garcia should have stopped the fight before round 11 started to protect his boxer from further and hence unnecessary harm. what if marg suffered more than just an eye socket injury? what if his eyes suffered injuries as well and we all know wat happens if the athletic commissions find out u have eye problems, ur boxing career is practically over

the only way margarito can win that fight was to KO manny but u cant hit someone u can barely see and as fast as manny. mexicans have already proven to the whole world their hearts and no one doubts it but if against the baddest man in boxing, there is no shame in losing to manny pacquiao.

This too. That orbital fracture could've happened anywhere between the 4th and 10th. What if Manny didn't show any mercy and went for the KO in the 11th and 12th? And what if he hammered that fracture even more? What could've happened to Tony then?

I think it was Robert's pride I feel, among other things, going up against Roach in the world stage. He better learn from this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 am 
Middleweight

Roach is right, Margarito's team are worst :vomit2:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

RaMoNe wrote:

thats true

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 am 
Lightweight

robert garcia is a bum. say's many things during 24/7.
no fight plan at all. just put margo in there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 pm 
Middleweight

RaMoNe wrote:

word!! cornermen are not only there to prepare their fighters but to protect their fighters... very well said, TS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 pm 
Heavyweight

bailey_assasin wrote:
robert garcia is a bum. say's many things during 24/7.
no fight plan at all. just put margo in there.

It's not his fault Margarito is a statue. I believe he knew deep down they didn't have a chance. He just wanted the media exposure for himself and the big pay day that accompanies it.

When Margarito said, fighters will be lining up to get trained by him after he beats Pac that could have happened. Manny foiled it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 pm 
Heavyweight

the manager just said margo had double vision after a punch in the 4th... dang! :shock:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm 
Heavyweight

garcia had the call to make.... the referee had the call to make.... margo didn't want the call made and was hoping for a lucky punch to an opponent he literally cannot see... he should consider himself lucky that pac has compassion otherwise, he could have been comatose from strong blows delivered to his head... the various athletic comissions should view this as a test case to probably step in when all participants ignore physical safety during lopsided boxing matches...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
the manager just said margo had double vision after a punch in the 4th... dang! :shock:

I was actually in the impression that if you have one eye closed, your gonna get a sharper vision of things. Just like when we look at the camera's view finder or when we aim at something or when we have an eye test. :lol:

So everytime the ref checks on Margarito's vision, Marg would always give the right response. Pathetic ref & corner! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 pm 
Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:

dang indeed!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
RaMoNe wrote:

This too. That orbital fracture could've happened anywhere between the 4th and 10th. What if Manny didn't show any mercy and went for the KO in the 11th and 12th? And what if he hammered that fracture even more? What could've happened to Tony then?

I think it was Robert's pride I feel, among other things, going up against Roach in the world stage. He better learn from this.

can't agree more

if marga was too proud to quit, his corner could've raised the flag in the later unnecessary rounds

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

yeah we feel bad for Marga

all i heard from Garcia's instruction is "you can dot it"

Marga nods in agreement but do what?

HOPE YOUR INJURIES WILL NOT LEAD TO SOMETHING BAD MARGA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Margo wants to quit at the 11th but Garcia said, go ahead.....

Then during the interview, Garcia said Margo will not let him stop the fight.

Garcia is a liar. I don't know about this Mexican machismo.