Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
the manager just said margo had double vision after a punch in the 4th... dang! :shock:

The fracture occurred in the 4th round then if that was the case. This will scare Mayweather even more. We are not only Filipinos but boxing fans as well, we should thank Manny for his decision not to hurt Margarito even more. We still want to see Margarito go back to a normal life.
Just like car wheels, eye sockets need to be perfectly align to maintain proper vision. Seeing double at that time meant that the fracture caused the right eye to go out of alignment. Basically, Margarito was fighting with just one eye. They could have stopped the fight at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 am 
Heavyweight

junpals1 wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
the manager just said margo had double vision after a punch in the 4th... dang! :shock:

The fracture occurred in the 4th round then if that was the case. This will scare Mayweather even more. We are not only Filipinos but boxing fans as well, we should thank Manny for his decision not to hurt Margarito even more. We still want to see Margarito go back to a normal life.
Just like car wheels, eye sockets need to be perfectly align to maintain proper vision. Seeing double at that time meant that the fracture caused the right eye to go out of alignment. Basically, Margarito was fighting with just one eye. They could have stopped the fight at this point.

according to what ive been reading theres a mass of several muscles surrounding the eye and the eye cavity has just enough space to acommodate it, when the fracture occurs fragments of bone smash the muscles, the bone itself its easy to fix, the damage to those muscles not, i cant imagine 8 rounds of pounding smashing those muscles and scratching the eyeball, dang, margos manager said the doctor told them margo needs surgery to remove a bone fragment lodged in a muscle...hope he recovers...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 am 
Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:

escobedo vs the ghost was good, hey, honestly, whenever you guys need some translation ask me first, theres a lot of stuff said by mexican boxers in interviews that is getting screwed by translations, chicano translators know shiit about spanish, they dont know proper spanish and even less mexican slang and modisms, i know it 100%, thanks to my rough upbringing in the streets of mexico....

:biglaugh:

Didn't you once said you used to hook up with your maids.....yeah must be really tough.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

Robert Garcia is lacking of trainers instinct,he should be sensitive to his fighter next time!

Dont tell God that you have a big problem but tell the problem that you have a great God. by Manny Pacquiao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

Marga had too much mexican pride.
too many unnecessary head blows.

His corner should have stopped the fight round 10th or 11th regardless marga disagreed..
There was no way he could have turned the tide from there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am 
Heavyweight

panday wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:

escobedo vs the ghost was good, hey, honestly, whenever you guys need some translation ask me first, theres a lot of stuff said by mexican boxers in interviews that is getting screwed by translations, chicano translators know shiit about spanish, they dont know proper spanish and even less mexican slang and modisms, i know it 100%, thanks to my rough upbringing in the streets of mexico....

Didn't you once said you used to hook up with your maids.....yeah must be really tough.... :lol:

you just remind me of the day i first saw a kitty, i was like wtf? why is so hairy????

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am 
Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
panday wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:

you just remind me of the day i first saw a kitty, i was like wtf? why is so hairy????

how was the fight live? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
panday wrote:

how was the fight live? :mrgreen:

i was at a bar, and it was great for the rios and soto karass fight, the margo fight everybody was waiting for the lucky punch, the 6th was pandemonium, the rest was no so good, lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
fonzy wrote:
MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

thats another bad translation, robert said, "margarito is a warrior and he wouldnt let me stop it even if i want to"

translation? :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's a post fight interview from HBO max kellerman. did you watch the HBO cover of the fight? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

imagine the roars here whenever pac hits marga, and we all knew they landed in bunches.

the roars were even louder when there was a technical problem in the 6th when the screen went blank :lol:

rios was very impressive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 pm 
Heavyweight

fonzy wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
fonzy wrote:
MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

thats another bad translation, robert said, "margarito is a warrior and he wouldnt let me stop it even if i want to"

translation? :lol: :lol: :lol:
it's a post fight interview from HBO max kellerman. did you watch the HBO cover of the fight? 8)

i mean bad transcript, he said what i wrote, lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 pm 
Heavyweight

newbie_rookie wrote:
imagine the roars here whenever pac hits marga, and we all knew they landed in bunches.

the roars were even louder when there was a technical problem in the 6th when the screen went blank :lol:

rios was very impressive

he was supposed to be very drained, he made 3 attempts to make weight with its visits to the sauna, he looked tired but delivered, the chicanos at the bar were all jumping and shiit..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm 
Heavyweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
newbie_rookie wrote:

rios was very impressive

he was supposed to be very drained, he made 3 attempts to make weight with its visits to the sauna, he looked tired but delivered, the chicanos at the bar were all jumping and shiit..

Did you watch the post-fight interview of Arum? He said that the winner of Soto-Antillon fight will fight Rios. I'm hoping that Soto wins and give that Kansas boy a lesson of humility... :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm 
Heavyweight

panday wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
newbie_rookie wrote:

rios was very impressive

Did you watch the post-fight interview of Arum? He said that the winner of Soto-Antillon fight will fight Rios. I'm hoping that Soto wins and give that Kansas boy a lesson of humility... :D

here is the problem, soto in my view still can make 130 easily, he jumped weights to chase the big fights, brandon is a big 135 that comes to fight with 10 or more pounds above the limit, its a total mismatch, rios should be competing at 140, easily... remember the hatton undercard? soto was having lots of problems with that canadian guy...

but still a slug fest, cant wait...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

R. Garcia must undergo training as trainer under F. Roach for 10 years before he handles a fighter otherwise he can be sued by his fighter for lack of knowledge or for incompetence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next