Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm 
Heavyweight

newbie_rookie wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

This too. That orbital fracture could've happened anywhere between the 4th and 10th. What if Manny didn't show any mercy and went for the KO in the 11th and 12th? And what if he hammered that fracture even more? What could've happened to Tony then?

I think it was Robert's pride I feel, among other things, going up against Roach in the world stage. He better learn from this.

can't agree more

if marga was too proud to quit, his corner could've raised the flag in the later unnecessary rounds

diin man ka tanaw imong cell no lahi naman pod di naman ka namo makontak...hehehehee

OT:
agree...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Garcia wanted MAGArito MAGAroon to be killed in the ring.. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Maybe Robert Garcia wants Marga to die in the ring... :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm 
Lightweight

compared to Roach, Garcia is a newbie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

whinz wrote:
Maybe Robert Garcia wants Marga to die in the ring... :( :(

I think he bet on the over 10 rds prop bet. :shock:
He should thank Pac for not trying to put Marga in a coma in the 12th round.
Hell, I think Pac felt sorry for Marga everytime he hit in the breadbasket.
Marga was begging, plse not there. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:56 pm 
Welterweight

I'm with the peeps who feel that the fight should've been stopped. I'm still hoping that Margarito is ok otherwise it will be on Pacquiao as well.

Thanking THE MEXICAN for the infos. Hoping he was quoting Garcia and Nacho correctly. Pac won and there is no need to seed myths.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel Steward exposed the Margarito corner for their amateurish ways. They did not even remove Margarito's mouthpiece in the break after the 11th round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
Heavyweight

loopback wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
loopback wrote:
this is where you can compare a hall of fame trainer to a patsy trainer.Nacho stopped the De La Hoya fight even though the damage done was not yet evident and his reason? Pacquiao is too fast and a KO is impossible. Garcia put Margarito's career on the line for a chance to beat the best trainer. :?

nope, nacho says he believed oscar could have lasted the 12 rounds but his point was to protect his prestige somehow from further embarrasment, he told oscar he was stopping the fight and that "un boxeador de tu nivel no puede arrastrar su prestigio asi por el ring" a boxer of your level cannot drag his prestige in the ring like this...

you may be right, but if you are going to look back at the ODLH fight, you can hear Nacho ( from the translator of course) saying " Shall we stop the fight? He's too fast". And these comments were from the actual fight itself and not from the post fight comments wherein it could be scripted or just a sympathy to protect ODLH image. anyway, this is not the whole point here, the point is Nacho cares for his fighters while Garcia do not.

the stuff i just quoted were nachos last words before stopping the fight in the corner, not post fight statements, problem is that both hbo and showtime have bad translators, olaya is somewhat good but they never translate 100% accurate, they let a lot of stuff go.... the worst of them all was reyes, the guy was always like 20% right, 80% made up stuff...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm 
Heavyweight

breinz wrote:
I'm with the peeps who feel that the fight should've been stopped. I'm still hoping that Margarito is ok otherwise it will be on Pacquiao as well.

Thanking THE MEXICAN for the infos. Hoping he was quoting Garcia and Nacho correctly. Pac won and there is no need to seed myths.

youre welcome, as i said, garcia wanted to stop the fight in the 9th and 10th, but margo said "fukk it! lets go!" in the 11th and 12th garcia was asking him how he feel and margo was im ok, then he encouraged with some words, thats it...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Garcia and Margo strategy was based on the Pac-Clottey fight: Clottey was all the time at the cover-up mode but also thrown some punches and inflicted somehow on Manny's face.

,,,Margo is no Clottey. he can throw bunch of punches also, a pressure fighter and a strong puncher. presupposes that Margo can take Pacman's heavy volume of punches coz he is small and Margo prepared a lot to absorb and eventually can KO Manny in the late rounds. basically they have discounted the power of Manny as damaging by banking on 3 points: 1) Margo is big enough so he can handle the punches of Pac, 2) prepare him for 9 weeks through rigid training, this will help him. 3) bully Pacman and push him against the ropes and target his body to weaken the Pacman.

what a stupid strategy; specially on the thinking that Margo is big enough and therefore can handle the punches of Manny. Margo believed in this fool's strategy. This thinking is not of a respected trainer. They did not study well the previous fights of Manny and accept that Manny has a killer punch in both fists. Garcia and Margo are fool enough in believing that the mere size of Margo and training it to absorb the punches of a midget is enough to discredit the midget's power. The result was devastating. what a pity!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:31 pm 
Heavyweight

levi wrote:
newbie_rookie wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

This too. That orbital fracture could've happened anywhere between the 4th and 10th. What if Manny didn't show any mercy and went for the KO in the 11th and 12th? And what if he hammered that fracture even more? What could've happened to Tony then?

I think it was Robert's pride I feel, among other things, going up against Roach in the world stage. He better learn from this.

can't agree more

if marga was too proud to quit, his corner could've raised the flag in the later unnecessary rounds

diin man ka tanaw imong cell no lahi naman pod di naman ka namo makontak...hehehehee

OT:
agree...

mao ra gihapon woi, la lang ma-charge, sun ako gamit, pls. check pm

trans: did he or did he not ask marga if he wanted to continue? still have to watch again

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

they could have stopped at 10 but garcia didn't want to...two more rounds were useless then...

they were waiting for a miracle punch..DEMET!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

PacCute wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
the manager just said margo had double vision after a punch in the 4th... dang! :shock:

I was actually in the impression that if you have one eye closed, your gonna get a sharper vision of things. Just like when we look at the camera's view finder or when we aim at something or when we have an eye test. :lol:

So everytime the ref checks on Margarito's vision, Marg would always give the right response. Pathetic ref & corner! :D

You do see clearer using one eye, but you're depth perception is fracked up. Try picking up something in front of you while covering one eye. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm 
Heavyweight

fonzy wrote:
MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

thats another bad translation, robert said, "margarito is a warrior and he wouldnt let me stop it even if i want to"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next