Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

CarneSeca wrote:
PacCute wrote:

I was actually in the impression that if you have one eye closed, your gonna get a sharper vision of things. Just like when we look at the camera's view finder or when we aim at something or when we have an eye test. :lol:

So everytime the ref checks on Margarito's vision, Marg would always give the right response. Pathetic ref & corner! :D

You do see clearer using one eye, but you're depth perception is fracked up. Try picking up something in front of you while covering one eye. :)

Well, I just tried & did it accurately. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm 
Middleweight

boxingfan wrote:
Margo wants to quit at the 11th but Garcia said, go ahead.....

Then during the interview, Garcia said Margo will not let him stop the fight.

Garcia is a liar. I don't know about this Mexican machismo.

I also noticed this. He's a selfish prick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:
fonzy wrote:
MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

thats another bad translation, robert said, "margarito is a warrior and he wouldnt let me stop it even if i want to"

Pacquiao was translated once before too. I forget which fight it was, but the translation was 5% true and the rest was made up. :lol: If you guys are really after the fact then listen to THE MEXICAN unless you are fluent in Spanish or Mexican Spanish. I was waiting for Garcia to throw the towel, but I already knew he wouldn't because there was a lot of pride involved since the promo. I know most of us would agree that what made that fight great was the Mexican warrior in Margarito who was always coming forward despite how battered he was. He wasn't like Clottey who just kept blocking, and not like de la Hoya who was too scared to punch. Give Margarito the credit he deserved. He ALSO did it for his fans and all the boxing fans. All exciting Pac fights are against a Mexican. Have you guys realized that? Except, of course, Pac-MAB II.

Have you guys watched escobedo vs guerrero?

Last edited by CarneSeca on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

PacCute wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
PacCute wrote:

I was actually in the impression that if you have one eye closed, your gonna get a sharper vision of things. Just like when we look at the camera's view finder or when we aim at something or when we have an eye test. :lol:

So everytime the ref checks on Margarito's vision, Marg would always give the right response. Pathetic ref & corner! :D

You do see clearer using one eye, but you're depth perception is fracked up. Try picking up something in front of you while covering one eye. :)

:lol: What the hell did you pick up? Try to pick up something smaller, or draw a dot on a piece of white paper and put on a table. point to it with one finger first with both eyes then again covering one eye.

Last edited by CarneSeca on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:01 pm 
Heavyweight

CarneSeca wrote:
THE MEXICAN wrote:
fonzy wrote:
MAX KELLERMAN: ANTONIO DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT?
MARGAGO: NO. I'M A MEXICAN WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE END.
MAX: ROBERT I'M ASKING YOU AND YOU ALSO AS A MEXICAN DID YOU EVER CONSIDER STOPPING THE FIGHT EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTER GET BEATEN UP TOO MUCH?
ROBOBOBERT: NO. TONY IS A WARRIOR WE WILL LET HIM FINISH THE FIGHT.

thats another bad translation, robert said, "margarito is a warrior and he wouldnt let me stop it even if i want to"

Pacquiao was translated once before too. I forget which fight it was, but the translation was 5% true and the rest was made up. :lol: If you guys are really after the fact then listen to THE MEXICAN unless you are fluent in Spanish or Mexican Spanish. I was waiting for Garcia to throw the towel, but I already knew he wouldn't because there was a lot of pride involved since the promo. I know most of us would agree that what made that fight great was the Mexican warrior in Margarito who was always coming forward despite how battered he was. He wasn't like Clottey who just kept blocking, and not like de la Hoya who was too scared to punch. Give Margarito the credit he deserved. He ALSO did it for his fans and all the boxing fans. All exciting Pac fights are against a Mexican. Have you guys realized that? Except, of course, Pac-MAB II.

Have you guys watch escobedo vs guerrero?

escobedo vs the ghost was good, hey, honestly, whenever you guys need some translation ask me first, theres a lot of stuff said by mexican boxers in interviews that is getting screwed by translations, chicano translators know shiit about spanish, they dont know proper spanish and even less mexican slang and modisms, i know it 100%, thanks to my rough upbringing in the streets of mexico....

:biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

CarneSeca wrote:
PacCute wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

:lol: What the hell did you pick up? Try to pick up something smaller, or draw a dot on a piece of white paper and put on a table. point to it with one finger first with both eyes then again covering one eye.

Well you initially said pick something in front of me, so I picked my nose. I did great with one eye closed. Did better with both eyes closed! :lol:

Now, you're asking too much from me. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:06 pm 
Heavyweight

shame shame shame....

shame to Cole too...mga sun and the beach kayo....

Now, margo is going to have an operation to his right eye socket...(from TV patrol)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

PacCute wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:
PacCute wrote:

Well you initially said pick something in front of me, so I picked my nose. I did great with one eye closed. Did better with both eyes closed! :lol:

This is why everything must come with instruction. It's because you never know who would be doing it. :lol: It's all good though; you made me laugh. I guess it was my fault for not making it clear. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:13 pm 
Heavyweight

can't blame margarito's camp, there were some rounds that i thought pac was slowing down because he was getting hit w/ some hard shots from margarito. they probably thought pac would get tired in the later rounds and margarito could have eventually finish him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm 
Middleweight

Robert Garcia as I saw on HBO is more of a pep talker while Freddie Roach is more technical. Freddie tells Manny what to do in the ring while Robert talks about being a warrior, a mexican, and watchamacallit.

Freddie is clear and exact while Robert could be vague and unclear.

A boxer under siege needs a clear direction. Look at Cotto vs. Pac...Santiago the trainer simply says....lively...lively....

And besides, Robert did not even bother to send someone to represent their camp in the postfight...He lacks traits of a gentlemen and his inaccuracy about the insults of his two wards, Rios and Marga towards Freddie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

CarneSeca wrote:
PacCute wrote:
CarneSeca wrote:

This is why everything must come with instruction. It's because you never know who would be doing it. :lol: It's all good though; you made me laugh. I guess it was my fault for not making it clear. :lol:

Lesson learned brother. It's just what happened with Marga & Garcia. Robert said TORA! TORA! But he forgot to tell Marga how to do it against a cat-quick target.

And everybody is in unison saying, Now you know! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm 
Heavyweight

willing_willie wrote:
Robert Garcia as I saw on HBO is more of a pep talker while Freddie Roach is more technical. Freddie tells Manny what to do in the ring while Robert talks about being a warrior, a mexican, and watchamacallit.

Freddie is clear and exact while Robert could be vague and unclear.

A boxer under siege needs a clear direction. Look at Cotto vs. Pac...Santiago the trainer simply says....lively...lively....

And besides, Robert did not even bother to send someone to represent their camp in the postfight...He lacks traits of a gentlemen and his inaccuracy about the insults of his two wards, Rios and Marga towards Freddie.

all the camp went to the hospital with margo, they were all worried when margo revealed that he started seeing double after the 4th round, he didnt say it during the fight coz he knew the fight would be stopped...

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 pm 
Middleweight

i am proud of manny our true hero and champion. :D

my hats off to margarito too. he's a fighter and not a quiter. why hate? we or our boxers like sonsona, banal, et al.. can learn from him, dont quit. push hard to the limit. give your best shot, and of course be gracious in victory but be humble in defeat...

garcia trains nonito, i am sure that when nonito wins another title, we will said that garcia is a true great trainor too :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

im a bit worry of DONAIRE :shock: He might end his (DONAIRE) career early with this kind of a trainer who never cares his fighter

GARCIA'S MOTTO IS:

DIE IN THE RING WHO CARES

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 am 
Cruiserweight

Pacnuts are hard to please. Stop the blame game, and pray for Margarito's health.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next