Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:34 pm 
Welterweight

Yes, nothing can beat pacman. 4times FOTY awardee...Best Fighter of the decade!

Congrats and goodluck next year especially to those who voted him out this year as fighter of the year.

Bwuahahahahaha :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

nebular wrote:
This year smaller pacman fought 2 bigger men on their weight classes.
This year pacman showed tremendous skills, heart, strength, gentleman and class and re-define what sweet science is all about.
This year pacman won a historic 8 titles in different divisions never been done before in the history of boxing.
This year a congressman (politician) was seen fighting inside the ring against professional boxers.

The award of fighter of the year tells all about a historic moments for the year I believe. Martinez' accomplishment for beating Pavlik and KOing Williams is awesome of course but not historic since there are lots of underdog boxers before who have upset topdogs... like Douglas to Tyson, Turpin vs Robinson, Rahman Vs Lennox Lewis,Tarvar Vs Jones 2 and many more but the winners thereof never get the Fighter of the Year award.

Fighter of the Year = History

Have these been done before? Did this boxer showed a meaningful performance that caught the attention of the world and carried the torch of boxing as a sport for this year and made the sport alive again? These are questions that should be answer in choosing and I don't think people would settle for remembering a fighter for just a mere upset or lucky punch. (I've posted this on someone's topic and just added few words here)

I agree 169% :!: :!: :!:
:toast: :batman: :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:44 pm 
Middleweight

respect, humility and compassion towards the opponent by manny as he had shown towards margarito in the last few rounds of their bout deserves manny to be the FOTY again. almost begging to the referee to stop the fight, remember his quote : " boxing is not for killing "

for me manny is the man.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:01 pm 
Welterweight

Congrats Manny Pacquiao The 2010 Fighter of the Year! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

Give the merit to somebody else.....Martinez proved he's worthy for the title, but let's wait and see after he get exposed. I had the feeling that Mayweather Jr. will fight him. Martinez is the great Argentinian hype. Pacquiao should have fought Williams and Yuri. It's too late now, Williams was exposed and Yuri's career gone tumbling. Too bad William or Yuri won't sell but KO to either of them would sky rocketed Pac's popularity.