Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 am 
Heavyweight

Fleadis wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
Ive seen Manny fight before he became famous. After he became famous I played pool with him a lot at BoyCherry here in Davao. He calls me "bai" :mrgreen:

Youre pathetic. Just like those people who always calls anybody who disagrees with them as "not knowing their boxing".

I remember youre also the same guy who said Fast Eddie Chambers will beat Wlad :mrgreen: I guess by your definition, you dont know boxing :mrgreen: And judging from your keen sense of boxing talent and wisdom, I really dont care what you think of me.

If you've seen how Manny fought before, then how come you don't know how awkward he was back then? It's either you're not a keen observer or a plain liar.

Thank you for reading my posts. Haha. I don't care about you as well, Mr Krabb! Haha

Ive seen Manny look awkward when he was in his teens! Thats the reason I mentioned Drian's age in the first place. When Manny was 27 he was a multiple world champion and a shoo-in at the Hall Of Fame. But I guess your comprehension is lacking. You Mentioned Tarver and Johnson starting late but you fail to mention the reason Tarver started really late as a pro is because he had a stellar amateur career including a bronze in the Olympics. Does Drian have an Olympic medal? Has Drian even been to the Olympics?

Thats me stating facts. If you think that stating facts is the act of a crab then youre nothing but a Drian nuthugger who refuses to listen to reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 am 
Welterweight

cant blame people if drian if starts having diehard fans now...

coz he's so guapo.

LOL

HAHAHA

uh-oh i see giant bottles fall on somebody's head now...

ill watch mine. LOL hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUST FIGHT PAC ok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 am 
Middleweight

Fleadis wrote:
jhon515 wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
His boxing is really bad. His punches are ugly and are too wild. He needs more seasoning to be honest.

So true. I don't see anything special from him except his power. Very awkward fighter. There are a lot of things to be corrected in his boxing.

Unless he possess a maniacal will to become a world champion he really wouldn't go far.

Well being a Filipino, I would still support him llamado o dehado.

noviceboxingfan wrote:
Agree 100% I've just seen the replay of his fight. Very awkward indeed. He even brought his mouth piece out in the fifth - a sure sign that he was already gasping for air. I've never seen any of his previous fights but it makes me wonder why he remains undefeated.

From your nick, it truly shows that you're a novice. I was sitting a couple of feet from the ring and Drian was never gasping for air. If you're wondering why he's undefeated, I suggest you watch him fight live! To all the haters, who are obviously non-boxers, THERE IS NO PERFECT BOXER! Even Pacman has flaws! The great Muhammad Ali has flaws! Sugar Ray Robinson has flaws! A lot of successful boxers have awkward styles! These people should receive a punch to the face from Drian and let them eat their words. If you don't have any nice word to say, don't be a so-called expert because you don't know what you're talking about.

I may be a novice boxing fan but one need not be an expert (like you) to see the flaws in this guy. You being at the ringside of his fight tells me that you are not an unbiased observer but an avid supporter.

I did not expect him to be a PERFECT boxer. I was just expecting him to be at least better than mediocre but I was disappointed. But of course, him being a Filipino boxer, I am hoping he improves. You may not have noticed sitting from where you were but he was definitely winded. He should build his stamina if he wants to go places. I am not a hater, I know very little of him to warrant any hatred and I am not trying to put him down. I was just airing my opinion on how he could improve. I don't want to offend his relatives and that include you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 am 
Middleweight

darren_simion wrote:
Fleadis wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
Ive seen Manny fight before he became famous. After he became famous I played pool with him a lot at BoyCherry here in Davao. He calls me "bai" :mrgreen:

Youre pathetic. Just like those people who always calls anybody who disagrees with them as "not knowing their boxing".

I remember youre also the same guy who said Fast Eddie Chambers will beat Wlad :mrgreen: I guess by your definition, you dont know boxing :mrgreen: And judging from your keen sense of boxing talent and wisdom, I really dont care what you think of me.

If you've seen how Manny fought before, then how come you don't know how awkward he was back then? It's either you're not a keen observer or a plain liar.

Thank you for reading my posts. Haha. I don't care about you as well, Mr Krabb! Haha

Ive seen Manny look awkward when he was in his teens! Thats the reason I mentioned Drian's age in the first place. When Manny was 27 he was a multiple world champion and a shoo-in at the Hall Of Fame. But I guess your comprehension is lacking. You Mentioned Tarver and Johnson starting late but you fail to mention the reason Tarver started really late as a pro is because he had a stellar amateur career including a bronze in the Olympics. Does Drian have an Olympic medal? Has Drian even been to the Olympics?

Thats me stating facts. If you think that stating facts is the act of a crab then youre nothing but a Drian nuthugger who refuses to listen to reason.

Ok ok... My point is, Drian started late in turning pro because he finished his college degree. Drian also had a good amateur career. In short, he is not old to have a good career in boxing. If you can't comprehend that, then that's your problem. I'm not a Drian nuthugger but I truly believe that he has a good future and we should be proud of him. Read your posts again and you will realize that you're a hater. And yes, you're still a crab. Hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 am 
Middleweight

SimplyRavishing wrote:
cant blame people if drian if starts having diehard fans now...

coz he's so guapo.

LOL

HAHAHA

uh-oh i see giant bottles fall on somebody's head now...

ill watch mine. LOL hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe. He looks like Beavis, though. Hehehe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:18 am 
Heavyweight

Fleadis wrote:

Ok ok... My point is, Drian started late in turning pro because he finished his college degree. Drian also had a good amateur career. In short, he is not old to have a good career in boxing. If you can't comprehend that, then that's your problem. I'm not a Drian nuthugger but I truly believe that he has a good future and we should be proud of him. Read your posts again and you will realize that you're a hater. And yes, you're still a crab. Hahaha

Why dont you put down you Drian Francisco figurine, take a deep breath and read my post again. What did I say to become a hater? I said his boxing is bad and his punches are wide. That is the truth. His boxing is bad cuz he lunges with his chin hanging in the air. That makes his boxing bad. I say his punches are wide cuz he throws a lot of overhands and when he misses, he gets off balance, proof of his poor basics which again leads us to his boxing being poor.

You are just a desperate fanboy trying to get out of an argument you are losing. Calling me names and laughing thinking it'll actually do anything to cover up the fact that youre a fanboy that got his panties in a bunch when people think differently of his idol. So Ill do you a favor and let you go on this one. This is my last reply to you so give me your best parting words.

And good luck to Drian and I hope he improves his ugly boxing and wide punches. All the best to his coming matches!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 am 
Middleweight

noviceboxingfan wrote:
I did not expect him to be a PERFECT boxer. I was just expecting him to be at least better than mediocre but I was disappointed. But of course, him being a Filipino boxer, I am hoping he improves. You may not have noticed sitting from where you were but he was definitely winded. He should build his stamina if he wants to go places. I am not a hater, I know very little of him to warrant any hatred and I am not trying to put him down. I was just airing my opinion on how he could improve. I don't want to offend his relatives and that include you.

Nope, no relation at all. I just see the potential in him. You're right that he still needs to improve his stamina (any fighter need it) but he was far from gassing up. Sinisipon yata sya nun kasi ilang beses syang suminga at sipon talaga ang lumabas. Hehehe. He was better than mediocre. His opponent has a 100-2 amateur record and was ranked #1 by the WBC.

Again, let's just see. We badly needs another champ! Go Philippines!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 am 
Welterweight

This guy just reminds me of the young Pacquiao.. And its the first time I saw him fight. I wish him all the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am 
Middleweight

i saw the vasquez fight and i thought i was watching 2 middleweights. drian, IMO, is too slow? he should be fast, he's just 5'5". i hope he can still improve his speed. he won't stand a chance against old jorge arce.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 am 
Heavyweight

IAAMOATGTIL wrote:
LOL. here we go again with the hype.

Let me bring you guys back to reality. The guy doesnt know how to box. No skills at all. Nil.

Watch his tapes/fight-videos and see for yourself.

Agree. He is still raw. He got power though.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am 
Cruiserweight

He needs a world class trainer for him to compete with the elites. I don't want to see that kind of power go to waste!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am 
Lightweight

i dare all guys who call boxers(not only pinoy boxers) a bum to tie their gloves on and go and risk their lives on top of the ring... i doubt you guys have the balls to fight a boxer who has a 0-5 record that most of you call fighters like them as bum... They are on the top of the ring to entertain fight fans and put food on their table... just my 2 cents... PEACE...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 am 
Middleweight

Still too early for him, There's still room for improvement.

Especially when he's throwing punches, a counter-puncher boxer will surely get him in serious trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 am 
Heavyweight

loidiman wrote:
i dare all guys who call boxers(not only pinoy boxers) a bum to tie their gloves on and go and risk their lives on top of the ring... i doubt you guys have the balls to fight a boxer who has a 0-5 record that most of you call fighters like them as bum... They are on the top of the ring to entertain fight fans and put food on their table... just my 2 cents... PEACE...

back to the topic please. :lol: :lol: :lol:

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am 
Welterweight

I see potential in Drian. He has that killing instinct. He knows when to be cautious and when not to be over cautious. He has power in his hands.
Yes, time is running-out for Drian since he started late. So, why not put him in real test now, at least his handlers know where he could go?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next