Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am 
Heavyweight

Every boxers have their flaws, Pacquiao is no exemption. D. Francisco is a late bloomer in pro boxing but shows great potentials to be a world champ before reaching the age of 30.

His awkward style is very difficult to read by an average fighter, but an easy target of A class fighter. Imagine executing follow-up punches after missing a wild overhand shot? That's special skill. :) A good handler could polish him and correct his flaws.

Oh yes, he's definitely a potential real deal. :)

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? -Mark 8:36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am 
Middleweight

can't we just support our boxers? of course, the promoters will hype him. its part of the business. let's just hope that he'll deliver through the hype... :) congrats to drian!

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 am 
Middleweight

maybe... if the guy will improve his style, defense and stamina... he has power but style wise i'm not impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 am 
Middleweight

darren_simion wrote:
Fleadis wrote:

Ok ok... My point is, Drian started late in turning pro because he finished his college degree. Drian also had a good amateur career. In short, he is not old to have a good career in boxing. If you can't comprehend that, then that's your problem. I'm not a Drian nuthugger but I truly believe that he has a good future and we should be proud of him. Read your posts again and you will realize that you're a hater. And yes, you're still a crab. Hahaha

Why dont you put down you Drian Francisco figurine, take a deep breath and read my post again. What did I say to become a hater? I said his boxing is bad and his punches are wide. That is the truth. His boxing is bad cuz he lunges with his chin hanging in the air. That makes his boxing bad. I say his punches are wide cuz he throws a lot of overhands and when he misses, he gets off balance, proof of his poor basics which again leads us to his boxing being poor.

You are just a desperate fanboy trying to get out of an argument you are losing. Calling me names and laughing thinking it'll actually do anything to cover up the fact that youre a fanboy that got his panties in a bunch when people think differently of his idol. So Ill do you a favor and let you go on this one. This is my last reply to you so give me your best parting words.

And good luck to Drian and I hope he improves his ugly boxing and wide punches. All the best to his coming matches!

hahaha... may mga over-sensitive talaga dito pare.. :lol: pag pasensyahan mo na...

baka naman may crush lang kay drian yung tao... kaw, naman... intindihin mo na... haha..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am 
Middleweight

IAAMOATGTIL wrote:
LOL. here we go again with the hype.

Let me bring you guys back to reality. The guy doesnt know how to box. No skills at all. Nil.

Watch his tapes/fight-videos and see for yourself.

Agree. He is still raw. He got power though.
IAAMOATGTIL wrote:
LOL. here we go again with the hype.

Let me bring you guys back to reality. The guy doesnt know how to box. No skills at all. Nil.

Watch his tapes/fight-videos and see for yourself.

Agree. He is still raw. He got power though.

@@@ As a starter, he is good.
If this Drian Fransisco don't know how to box and no skills at all and can win a fights. How much more if he know how to box and with skills...

He can be trained as Manny was trained so that he can be a good boxer and maybe the next Filipino Superstar in Boxing..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:05 pm 
Welterweight

at the age of 27? i dont think so..

maybe at superfly champ but goin to the bantam or feather after 27?hmmm.. might be but not...

he didnt even have an experience going outside the country or fighting high caliber world class boxer, how come??.. but with discipline and not following the ways of the lazy m.sonsona who knows..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

is DRIAN FRANCISCO the real deal?

are you kidding me? :lol: he isn't even comparable to luisito espinosa! Lindol's a much, much better boxer than Drian! how can they compare him to Luisito? I just can't believe it! I can't help but laugh at the same time feel disgusted evertime I watched Francisco fight... he's like a clown atop the ring.. I really don't know how he wins his fights? But against top opposition, he's gonna get beaten like his style, badly and ugly... I just don't think he's good enough... how long can he rely on his power? Nobuo Nashiro will simply outbox this bum... and Darchinyan will kill him... stop the hype, tell him the truth..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Peace :D

to all Drian Francisco's fans..just stating my opinion... chill :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm 
Heavyweight

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... id=3911650 (click the junior bantamweight column)

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/jr_bantamweight/

let's ask the experts, not the wanna-be-experts. boxing is not all about grace and finesse, this is a brutal sport that requires more than just what is pleasing to one's eyes. a combination of heavy hands, quick reflexes, sharp focus, hunger, discipline, unorthodox techniques and mediocre skills could very well pose problems for any opponent drian faces.

drian lacks penalosa's balance and gorres' technical arsenal, but he is far from being a bum that some people here imply. ring magazine panel and dan rafael of espn would attest to that. 8)

It takes forever to know everything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 pm 
Middleweight

doubleblade29 wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=3911650 (click the junior bantamweight column)

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/jr_bantamweight/

let's ask the experts, not the wanna-be-experts. boxing is not all about grace and finesse, this is a brutal sport that requires more than just what is pleasing to one's eyes. a combination of heavy hands, quick reflexes, sharp focus, hunger, discipline, unorthodox techniques and mediocre skills could very well pose problems for any opponent drian faces.

drian lacks penalosa's balance and gorres' technical arsenal, but he is far from being a bum that some people here imply. ring magazine panel and dan rafael of espn would attest to that. 8)

For so-called experts, they just don't get it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 am 
Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
Fleadis wrote:

From your nick, it truly shows that you're a novice. I was sitting a couple of feet from the ring and Drian was never gasping for air. If you're wondering why he's undefeated, I suggest you watch him fight live! To all the haters, who are obviously non-boxers, THERE IS NO PERFECT BOXER! Even Pacman has flaws! The great Muhammad Ali has flaws! Sugar Ray Robinson has flaws! A lot of successful boxers have awkward styles! These people should receive a punch to the face from Drian and let them eat their words. If you don't have any nice word to say, don't be a so-called expert because you don't know what you're talking about.

You sensitive, delicate little flower :mrgreen: This is a discussion about Drian Francisco as a boxer and we point out what we think of him as a boxer. Now go wipe your tears little one.

:biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

Fleadis wrote:
From your nick, it truly shows that you're a novice. I was sitting a couple of feet from the ring and Drian was never gasping for air. If you're wondering why he's undefeated, I suggest you watch him fight live! To all the haters, who are obviously non-boxers, THERE IS NO PERFECT BOXER! Even Pacman has flaws! The great Muhammad Ali has flaws! Sugar Ray Robinson has flaws! A lot of successful boxers have awkward styles! These people should receive a punch to the face from Drian and let them eat their words. If you don't have any nice word to say, don't be a so-called expert because you don't know what you're talking about.

your wrong dude...
im no expert but.....
may jr got no flaws, money may got no flaws, pretty boy floyd got no flaws....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 am 
Cruiserweight

He's very raw..It seems like he will follow the foostep of Banal,Boom Boom,Abe and the rest of the boxers called by Pacland a bum. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am 
Heavyweight

when is he fighting in america?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 am 
Welterweight

fuego wrote:
Fleadis wrote:

your wrong dude...
im no expert but.....
may jr got no flaws, money may got no flaws, pretty boy floyd got no flaws....

wow thats true love for gayweather! :shock: congrats to you! :lol:

no flaws?? his gender is his flaw! his thinking is flawed! he looks flawed! imagine for those who followed sum1 flawed as gayweather must downright flawed themselves. :lol:

youre attention deficiency syndrome is kicking again..:biglaugh:

one more thing...WE ALL KNOW YOURE NO EXPERT so dont bother telling us *****!

my god this guy really thinks we think of him otherwise! what an *****! :shock:

get outta here!
:doggy:

JUST FIGHT PAC ok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next