Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

the boxer who uses the cross over moves like basketball players..,damn a trickyy one

''my tongue is the strongest part of my body... It can lift mountains by just l!cking on its cave''

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 pm 
Heavyweight

bigbanglefthand wrote:
the boxer who uses the cross over moves like basketball players..,damn a trickyy one

eh bawal kaya yan sa boxing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm 
Lightweight

radeon wrote:
bigbanglefthand wrote:

eh bawal kaya yan sa boxing.

really? :shock: i didn't know that! any links or reference?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 pm 
Welterweight

AustinBade wrote:
Paolo123 wrote:
reynerose wrote:
HIS A BUM I NOTICED HIS A BIT COCKY IN A FIGHT YET HE STILL LACKS STAMINA,

BUT NONE THE LESS HE HAS FUTURE IF NOT..A BUM LOLS

:lol: 8)

Your engrish is a bum!

I noticed it too bro... as well as yours. LOL

What my Engrish? LOL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:47 am 
Cruiserweight

alucard13nth wrote:
flipgolfer wrote:
Anyone has the vid of this fight? Curious to see Drian's style.

Thanks. And congrats to this up and coming fighter.

Bro. wag mo ng pangarapin na makita ang style ni Drian, napaka awkward ng style nya, walang kabalance balance. Ang sakit sa mata ng style ni Drian, pero ang di ko maipaliwanag eh talagang laging natutumba yun mga kalaban nya sa pasampal nya na suntok?
May future si Drian , ibang level sya. Sakit lang talaga sa mata ng style nya. :)

He he he - tama ka bro. Napanood ko siya sa previous fight niya sa Pinas, against yung kulot na Latino.

Malakas ang suntok, pero as of now, dami nyang room for improvement. Too wide open, looping punches, hands are down. A technical boxer like Nonito Donaire would have a field day with Drian's style.

He actually reminds me of a right handed Vic Darchinyan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 am 
Welterweight

Congrats!! :celebrate: :toast:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 am 
Heavyweight

:jumpballs: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:49 am 
Middleweight

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ar ... egoryId=69

Drian relieved as Thai out of danger
By Joaquin Henson (The Philippine Star)

MANILA, Philippines - Newly crowned WBA interim superflyweight champion Drian Francisco heaved a sigh of relief as Duangpetch Kokiet-gym regained consciousness in a hospital about four hours after he was knocked out cold by the Filipino in the 10th round at the Bueng Kan school in the northeast Thai province of Nong Khai the other day.

“Drian was really worried when we heard Duangpetch went into a coma,” said Francisco’s manager Elmer Anuran in a text message. “We were informed that he just woke up. Thank God for that because it would be difficult to enjoy the victory with Duangpetch badly injured.”

Francisco, Anuran, trainer Benny de la Peña and about 26 Filipino supporters return to Manila at 6 tonight.

It was far from a cakewalk for Francisco who endured a bad cough and the hot afternoon sun to dispose of the roughhousing Duangpetch. The fight was held in a makeshift ring in an open-air football field in a distant town that borders Laos. Thai promoters provided Francisco and his traveling party with hotel accommodations a four-hour, round-trip car ride away from the fight venue. But Anuran made his own secret arrangements to book Francisco at the nearby Menam Hotel.

“The guy was tough,” said Francisco in an overseas phone call shortly after scoring the devastating win. “I had a hard time breathing because of my bad cough. And I was exhausted because of the heat. I’m not used to fighting outdoors under the hot sun. There were so many people cheering for Duangpetch. I expected him to hit and run like he mentioned in the newspapers he would do. But instead, he kept coming in, trying to score a knockout.”

Duangpetch repeatedly tried to rough up Francisco. In the sixth round, referee Steve Smoger put his foot down and ordered a one-point deduction on the Thai for low blows. That same round, Francisco decked Duangpetch twice but couldn’t finish him off.

“I thought when he went down twice in the sixth round, it was over,” said Francisco. “But he got up and even became more aggressive. He was very dangerous. I was just timing my punches, throwing one-twos then getting out before he could hit back. I countered most of the way.”

Francisco said one punch did it in the 10th. “I caught him with one shot, a right upper-hook to the jaw,” continued Francisco. “When we went down, I saw his eyes were closed. I knew he wouldn’t get up.” Duangpetch was carried out of the ring on a stretcher and rushed to the hospital.

“The referee (Smoger) was very fair,” said Anuran. “I was told he worked his 160th world title fight. But Duangpetch turned out to be a dirty fighter. It was Drian’s hardest fight so far. After he went down twice in the sixth round, Duangpetch came back and fought even harder.”

Anuran said Smoger was impressed with Francisco. “The ref told me Drian is a great fighter,” said Anuran. “That he’s full of heart, a thinking fighter and he could be a champion for a long time.”

Anuran confirmed that the winner of the Dec. 23 fight between WBA superflyweight champion Hugo Cazares and Japanese challenger Hiroyuki Hisataka will be mandated to stake the crown against Francisco on March 9. Cazares, 32, is traveling to Osaka to face Hisataka in his third title defense. Anuran said he will make a serious bid for Manila to host Francisco’s championship crack.

Anuran went the extra mile to make sure Francisco wouldn’t be at a disadvantage in the Duangpetch fight. First, he lobbied for the WBA to assign a referee and judges from neutral countries. Anuran personally appealed to WBA executive vice president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza for the neutral officials. Mendoza assigned Japan’s Tsuyoshi Yasukochi as WBA supervisor, Smoger as referee and Panama’s Guillermo Perez Pineda, Korea’s Wan Soo Yuh and Japan’s Takeshi Shimakawa as judges. Second, Anuran brought Francisco to Thailand eight days before the fight and worked out his own accommodations and domestic travel bookings.

The traveling group landed in Bangkok last Nov. 22. Thai promoters offered a gym to Francisco about a 45-mintue car ride away from the Siam Hotel where the party was billeted. Francisco worked out in the gym twice then decided to limber up privately when it was obvious he was being heavily scouted. Besides, it was a chore to drive to the gym. Anuran later moved the group to another hotel 13 Coins which was more convenient.

Last Sunday, the Filipino group took a 45-minute flight from Bangkok to Udon Thani. Anuran stayed in a hotel an hour away from the airport and two hours away from the fight venue in Bueng Kan. But without the promoters’ knowledge, Anuran sent an advance party to book four rooms in a Bueng Kan hotel so Francisco would’ve be bothered taking a long ride for the weigh-in last Monday and the fight last Tuesday.

Before the fight, Duangpetch promised to retire if he lost. No doubt about it, Duangpetch has fought his last bout. The loss dropped his record to 52-1-1, with 21 KOs, and it was only his first setback since his second pro fight in 1997. The win raised Francisco’s record to 20-0-1, with 16 KOs.

Francisco was a betting underdog with the odds initially 5-4 for Duangpetch then 9-4 and 5-2. Anuran said Bueng Kan was decked out to welcome Duangpetch as the town streets were lined with banners and billboards announcing the fight. Francisco weighed in at 114.6 pounds for the bout and Duangpetch, 115.

Somebody With The Video Please Put The The Fight On YouTube Already.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 am 
Light Heavyweight

Your engrish is a bum![/quote]

What my Engrish? LOL[/quote]

refer it here,, I just found Engrish lke Bulaklak at Palopalo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engrish

Mga Pinoy, Intsek ug Hapon sa Saudi nag pustahay kon
kinsa ang maka pronawns sa pulong nga "Bulaklak at Paroparo". Ang mga
Pinoy mipusta ug dako Sa ilang paisano.

Intsek: "Bulaklak at Palopalo", ang intsek pildi kay
dili maka pronawns ug litra nga "R".

Hapon: "Burakrak at Paruparu", ang hapon pildi kay
dili makalitok ug litra nga "L".

Pinoy: "Buyakyak at Payopayo", labaw pang napildi, kay
taga Surigao man diay ang kontestant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm 
Lightweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Drian is not a bum as of now. :biglaugh:

Yup everyone will clamor here saying he is a bum if he lost :)

Drian reminds me of luisito espinosa without the defense.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

:jumpballs:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

theboxer69 wrote:
:jumpballs:

makiki congrats Sana me kaso very old news na.

Dapat I ban ka kamote :lol:

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm 
Lightweight

Umaariba na naman ang mga supotturero :lol: ! Hukay2x Gang sa Pacland :D