Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:39 am 
Heavyweight

This is what is wrong with the WBA, having three world champions in 1 weight division. You have the interim one, the regular one and the superchampion. In other sanctioning bodies, if the champ vacates his title, the top rated guys fight for the vacated title and not having any one of them automatically elevated to the world champ status. You have to fight your way to the top.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:25 am 
Cruiserweight

Bro Die Hard, whatever happened to "fighting for the belt"? If the title is vacated, wouldn't it make more sense for the contenders to fight it out to see who gets the vacated title?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

fan ni manny wrote:
Bro Die Hard, whatever happened to "fighting for the belt"? If the title is vacated, wouldn't it make more sense for the contenders to fight it out to see who gets the vacated title?

+That's a very good decision bro. The #1 vs the #2, or the #1 vs the #3, or the #2 vs the #3 IF one of them is not available.
Ex. 1.) IF s.martinez won't fight s.zbik then his WBC 160lbs will be vacant and the #1(s.zbik) will fight #2(chavez jr).
2.) IF a.berto won't fight s.aydin then his WBC 147lbs will be vacant and the #1(s.aydin) will fight #3(mike jones) since the #2(i.dan ion) was beaten already by s.aydin last 05jun2010.

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 am 
Lightweight

bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
drian should be thankful that he will be elevated as a regular champion. at least his tag is no longer an interim champ. if he will fight cazares, he has slim chance of winning. cazares has a knockout power plus a very crafty boxer. i am not under estimating drian's boxing skills but it's quiet obvious cazares is way above him technically. as for mijares, it's 50-50 chance for him if ever the 2 meet in the ring. mijares is not a known puncher so drian has a punchers chance of winning against him.

Im not agree bro. drian francisco will be the next manny pacquiao (not nonito donaire jr.)
Nagbantamweight si cazares kasi takot sya kay drian, napanood nya siguro ang laban ni drian kay Duangpetch Kokietgym…
And for sure di rin makakaligtas si cazares kasi aakyat rin ng timbang si drian pagkatapos nya ilampaso ang super flyweight division including Cristian Mijares…
He will move up to bantamweight division and defeat all the champion there including nonito donaire jr. and he will teach donaire a lesson of humility!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 pm 
Heavyweight

felyuri30 wrote:
drian should be thankful that he will be elevated as a regular champion. at least his tag is no longer an interim champ. if he will fight cazares, he has slim chance of winning. cazares has a knockout power plus a very crafty boxer. i am not under estimating drian's boxing skills but it's quiet obvious cazares is way above him technically. as for mijares, it's 50-50 chance for him if ever the 2 meet in the ring. mijares is not a known puncher so drian has a punchers chance of winning against him.

Im not agree bro. drian francisco will be the next manny pacquiao (not nonito donaire jr.)
Nagbantamweight si cazares kasi takot sya kay drian, napanood nya siguro ang laban ni drian kay Duangpetch Kokietgym…
And for sure di rin makakaligtas si cazares kasi aakyat rin ng timbang si drian pagkatapos nya ilampaso ang super flyweight division including Cristian Mijares…
He will move up to bantamweight division and defeat all the champion there including nonito donaire jr. and he will teach donaire a lesson of humility!!!!

Just take a look at Kokietgym's string of opponents prior to fighting Francisco and compare that to the resumes of Cazares and Mijares. Don't be fooled by his 51W-1L record.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BOXING MUNA! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:15 pm 
Lightweight

ARKAN wrote:
felyuri30 wrote:

Just take a look at Kokietgym's string of opponents prior to fighting Francisco and compare that to the resumes of Cazares and Mijares. Don't be fooled by his 51W-1L record.

yeah i know the record of Kokietgym.. but drian did not beat him in decision. drian ospitalize him and maybe his last fight. Diba yun ang ginagawa ni pacman sa mga kalaban nya? Pinagreretire nya…
kaya im not wondering cazares did not ever to depend his title. He thinks he could be also Kokietgym future…
pasensya kana sa english ko bro barok barok…

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:32 pm 
Heavyweight

He will move up to bantamweight division and defeat all the champion there including nonito donaire jr. and he will teach donaire a lesson of humility!!!![/quote]

Just take a look at Kokietgym's string of opponents prior to fighting Francisco and compare that to the resumes of Cazares and Mijares. Don't be fooled by his 51W-1L record.[/quote]

yeah i know the record of Kokietgym.. but drian did not beat him in decision. drian ospitalize him and maybe his last fight. Diba yun ang ginagawa ni pacman sa mga kalaban nya? Pinagreretire nya…
kaya im not wondering cazares did not ever to depend his title. He thinks he could be also Kokietgym future…
pasensya kana sa english ko bro barok barok…[/quote]

Nope. Your issue with English proficiency doesn't bother me but it's your view on Francisco beating Nonito Jr. that I'm having a strong disagreement with. Sorry bro but no self-respecting fan gives Francisco much of a chance against a crafty, world-class boxer puncher in Donaire.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

The more likely scenario is that Czares may be having difficulty making weight and not fear for Drian in my opinion. The bantamweights are also making waves with the division getting some attention from HBO like the coming main event of Montiel Vs Donaire.

Good luck, Drian and hopefully your goals are beyond being a paper champion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

ARKAN wrote:

Just take a look at Kokietgym's string of opponents prior to fighting Francisco and compare that to the resumes of Cazares and Mijares. Don't be fooled by his 51W-1L record.[/quote]

pasensya kana sa english ko bro barok barok…[/quote]

Nope. Your issue with English proficiency doesn't bother me but it's your view on Francisco beating Nonito Jr. that I'm having a strong disagreement with. Sorry bro but no self-respecting fan gives Francisco much of a chance against a crafty, world-class boxer puncher in Donaire.[/quote]

I guess we'll find out when and if they ever meet in the ring. Hindi pa man, I'm already excited of the possibilites. Drian should have matured more and be better prepared by the time these two Pinoy warriors meet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Fan ni Manny bro, I'm not one making the statement that you've quoted. Just met some glitches in quoting and posting my reply.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

ARKAN wrote:
Fan ni Manny bro, I'm not one making the statement that you've quoted. Just met some glitches in quoting and posting my reply.

Ok lang un bro, I wasn't really replying to any particular comment anyway, I was just making a statement. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 pm 
Lightweight

marinduque wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
JONAR TISOY wrote:
is drian the no.1 contender for WBA? well if it is so, i think him and the no.2 contender would fight for the vacant title i guess

+Drian is the current WBA 115lbs InTerim champion, the title belt of which Donaire jr had before.

oragonboy wrote:
He is the interim champion so he can be promoted to be the regular champion

die hard!!! wrote:
marinduque wrote:
Drian is the WBA Interim Champion. He'll be elevated to regular champion if Cazares happens to relinquish his title. He'll be WBA Champion by default same with David Diaz when Casamayor was stripped with his WBC Lightweight Title.

+That's very true bro, same as the case of S.Martinez WBC 154lbs 'InTerim' champion until the late V.Forrest(rip) was stripped.

With this answers bro, JONAR, hope you're enlightened.. :peace:

SALAMAT SA INFO BRO, but handling him the belt wont earn the respect of others!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

marinduque wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
JONAR TISOY wrote:
is drian the no.1 contender for WBA? well if it is so, i think him and the no.2 contender would fight for the vacant title i guess

+Drian is the current WBA 115lbs InTerim champion, the title belt of which Donaire jr had before.

oragonboy wrote:
He is the interim champion so he can be promoted to be the regular champion

die hard!!! wrote:
marinduque wrote:
Drian is the WBA Interim Champion. He'll be elevated to regular champion if Cazares happens to relinquish his title. He'll be WBA Champion by default same with David Diaz when Casamayor was stripped with his WBC Lightweight Title.

+That's very true bro, same as the case of S.Martinez WBC 154lbs 'InTerim' champion until the late V.Forrest(rip) was stripped.

With this answers bro, JONAR, hope you're enlightened.. :peace:

JONAR TISOY wrote:
SALAMAT SA INFO BRO, but handling him the belt wont earn the respect of others!

Let them be, bro.. you can't please everyone.. :hat:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:28 pm 
Lightweight

A TItle fight with a top class fighter sana instead. a fight with christian Mijares would be nice! I would rather see him win one than accepting it.OH well if thats the case, CONGRATS GINTONG KAMAO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next