Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:53 pm 
Welterweight

devondenom wrote:
TREVSKII wrote:
Why don't u apply for Drian's trainer...

I'm just sharing my point... which is for me, a fact based on what i see

Yes u are right, everybody has their own opinion but u have to give it some consideration.
Justine Fortune works with Drian in only one fight, Drian can't adapt easily the way Fotune
wants him to do. It takes time to adjust bro..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 pm 
Welterweight

Did Drian just won by TKO under the tutelage of Justin Fortune? :shock: And if you compare Drian's previous fights with his last fight, Justin made a good job in developing this future Filipino champ, he is now more accurate, his punches landed right on the button, his footwork is good, his counterpunch is tremendous as well as his hooks and straights.His only flaw is his defense which is natural to a slugger/puncher..But to say that Justin did nothing special is pure stup!dity.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 pm 
Lightweight

mexifan wrote:
TREVSKII wrote:
mexifan wrote:
Don't you just get irked when people give out and opinion then someone with an opposing opinion comes out and say, why don't you apply as his trainer?

Jeez man there's no need for that. The TS was being respectful. Please extend the same courtesy.

The TS mentioned that Justine Fortune did nothing special with Drian right?
Tell me if that is respectful? Justine Fortune works with Drian for only one fight
against Gallo, so it means the TS is underestimating the capacity of Justine Fortune
as a Trainer. He should give him time to polished the skills of Drian instead of posting
a thread like this. It's to early to tell Bro... :(

"Justine Fortune did nothing special for Drian" is not disrespectful as the statement was a personal opinion which was based on observation followed by positive reinforcement by stating it would do Drian well if he master the fundamentals etc. It's not like he called him a "bum". While your statement, "Why don't you apply as his trainer?" contained malice and insult towards the TS.

Palusot ka pa.

Correct

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:06 pm 
Heavyweight

mexifan wrote:
I saw Drian reaching for his punches too much. A very decent boxer with a good punch can take advantage of that flaw in Francisco's arsenal.

Not good.

Rigondeaux for one, could take advantage of this flaw. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm 
Welterweight

mexifan wrote:
TREVSKII wrote:
mexifan wrote:
Don't you just get irked when people give out and opinion then someone with an opposing opinion comes out and say, why don't you apply as his trainer?

Jeez man there's no need for that. The TS was being respectful. Please extend the same courtesy.

Tell me if that is respectful? Justine Fortune works with Drian for only one fight
against Gallo, so it means the TS is underestimating the capacity of Justine Fortune
as a Trainer. He should give him time to polished the skills of Drian instead of posting

"Justine Fortune did nothing special for Drian" is not disrespectful as the statement was a personal opinion which was based on observation followed by positive reinforcement by stating it would do Drian well if he master the fundamentals etc. It's not like he called him a "bum". While your statement, "Why don't you apply as his trainer?" contained malice and insult towards the TS.

Palusot ka pa.

How would u say that my statement contained malice?
Eh paano kung trainer talaga si TS at gusto nya hawakan si Drian?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 pm 
Middleweight

drian won...you can say that if drian loses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm 
Welterweight

devondenom wrote:
TREVSKII wrote:

Is telling the truth a disrespect? I don't think my statement is harsh enough to be one. Respect is earned, and if Justine Fortune want to earn it he should show a proof. Fortune also did part in training dapudong and balweg bangoyan and what happened to these fighters? Who's world champion did he coached? I do compliment his part in Pacquiao's success but on the level of conditioning.

Base on your observation, Drian's should look for a trainer which has the capacity to elevate him as a world champion.
I think the best person to talk regarding the future of Drain is his manager, try to encourage him of what u have observe
against Justine Fortune. Maybe it will work out...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Welterweight

inglourious_comeback wrote:
Did Drian just won by TKO under the tutelage of Justin Fortune? :shock: And if you compare Drian's previous fights with his last fight, Justin made a good job in developing this future Filipino champ, he is now more accurate, his punches landed right on the button, his footwork is good, his counterpunch is tremendous as well as his hooks and straights.His only flaw is his defense which is natural to a slugger/puncher..But to say that Justin did nothing special is pure stup!dity.

Agree :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:34 pm 
Heavyweight

the TS did nothing special with his thread but just to defend what he did say against justine fortune...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm 
Middleweight

TREVSKII wrote:
fonzy wrote:
ilan laban na ba trainer ni drian si justine?

Isang laban pa lng bro against Gallo..

Oo unang laban palang, pero bakit mas maganda pa yung performance niya against Ricardo Nunez (17-1-0) at Roberto Vasquez (27-3-0)
compared to his bout with Gallo with a record of 18-5-1.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 pm 
Heavyweight

devondenom wrote:
TREVSKII wrote:
fonzy wrote:
ilan laban na ba trainer ni drian si justine?

Isang laban pa lng bro against Gallo..

Oo unang laban palang, pero bakit mas maganda pa yung performance niya against Ricardo Nunez (17-1-0) at Roberto Vasquez (27-3-0)
compared to his bout with Gallo with a record of 18-5-1.

gallo is a bully... he want to bulldoze drian as soon as possible... if you will notice, the fight somewhat look ugly due to continous bullying of gallo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 pm 
Middleweight

lawa_lang.. wrote:
drian won...you can say that if drian loses

It's about the performance not his winning streak.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 pm 
Middleweight

bugoyparin wrote:
gallo is a bully... he want to bulldoze drian as soon as possible... if you will notice, the fight somewhat look ugly due to continous bullying of gallo.

That's it! he was a bully and yet drian barely escapes as he is pinned on the rope almost get overwhelmed. Drian took some beating before he moves away and his defense is limited to just covering himself. Drian struggles to less caliber opponent who is one dimensional. If he was really coached well he would use his jab and bob and weave to keep his opponent at bay while doing the lateral movement. He did that on his bout with vasquez and nunez who have better record compared to gallo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:46 pm 
Heavyweight

devondenom wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:

That's it! he was a bully and yet drian barely escapes as he is pinned on the rope almost get overwhelmed. Drian took some beating before he moves away and his defense is limited to just covering himself. Drian struggles to less caliber opponent who is one dimensional. If he was really coached well he would use his jab and bob and weave to keep his opponent at bay while doing the lateral movement. He did that on his bout with vasquez and nunez who have better record compared to gallo.

there are some rounds that drian did was hit and make a distance... i think that was the advised of his coach/team...

else if he was not coached well... drian will slug out with gallo and possibly with gallo fuming and swinging inside, drian will be ko'ed...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:57 pm 
Middleweight

inglourious_comeback wrote:

Footwork? Good? Have you not seen him struggle as he was pressured and pinned on the rope? If not because of his conditioning those punches would ware him down because he just covered himself, if he ever steps away from gallo he was literally running away. Drian's punches were already accurate even before he was trained by justine. Luckily for drian he got that killer instinct and a descent power on his fist. I'm comparing his recent performance with his previous bouts were I believe he performs better. That is why I made my conclusion because if justine really did something special drian would improve on the SKILL and TECHNIQUE level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next