Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:36 am 
Heavyweight

Wait, isn't that Rigondeaux is now a WBA (In Recess) champion? And his vacated WBA (Super) title is now contested by Quigg and Frampton?

A WBA (In Recess) champion can only regain a regular and super title by fighting the incumbent champion... And since Quigg-Frampton is a unification, it is a priority fight...

In short, Rigondeaux should fight the winner of Quigg-Frampton in order to regain his super title or fight the WBA ranked #1 in order to win the regular title, both only possible after the Quigg-Frampton fight...

Correct me if I'm wrong, I just based those from what I read before...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:25 pm 
Middleweight

wooks425 wrote:
Go Drian ! Kick that SOB Boring Rigo !

My heart tells me ROOT FOR DRIAN...But my brain tells me DRIAN WILL GET KO'd!!! Drian will look like Margarito after the fight!!! He ain't got a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

if drian cover himself, he will end up like a punching bag but if he will not respect rigo and throw a lot of punches, he has a chance of winning. remember rigo is already 36 years old. drian might catch him if he is not scared. :D :pistol: :peace: :combo: :lol: :combo: :lol: :beer:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 pm 
Welterweight

ORIENTMANJU wrote:
if drian cover himself, he will end up like a punching bag but if he will not respect rigo and throw a lot of punches, he has a chance of winning. remember rigo is already 36 years old. drian might catch him if he is not scared. :D :pistol: :peace: :combo: :lol: :combo: :lol: :beer:

If Drian just throws wild punches hoping to land a knockout punch, he leaves himself wide open for a counter and Rigo is a master counter puncher. Although Rigo is 36 years old, Drian is 33 years old so he's an old dog himself not that much younger than Rigo. However, Drian has a puncher's chance. He has good power. So if he's lucky enough to catch Rigo especially while underestimating Drian, Rigo can get clocked pretty good and hopefully land on the canvas. But I doubt it. Rigo is an experienced veteran and he's not that dumb to just walk right into a punch.

I would recommend Drian utilize his jab a lot and throw the right hand a lot as the straight right normally counters a southpaw. Drian is the underdog so he has to stay busy and throw volumes of punches. Keep pounding the body to slow Rigo down but combine it with head shots. Keep hands up at all times and not down to the waist. Work on defense and not get countered (sounds easier said than done).

With about a week left to develop a strategy, Drian doesn't have much time. I won't be surprised if he gets knocked out. But he still has a puncher's chance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

Drian should kick Rigoboring *** !

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 15 Nov 2015

Drian Francisco’s reported WBA super bantamweight title fight against Guillermo Rigondeaux, the two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist is now a ten round non-title bout on the Miguel Cotto-“Canelo” Alvarez showdown at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on November 22, Manila Time.

Francisco who pulled out of a ten round bout against rugged Danilo Pena in an MP Promotions USA fight card last Friday had told the New Standard/boxingmirror.com that he pulled out of the Pena fight because of the offer of a world title fight which he had been dreaming of.

The COO David Itskowitch of Roc Nation Sports announced the ten round bout and said “we are thrilled to add Guillermo Rigondeaux one of boxing’s best pound for pound fighters to what we believe is the biggest night in boxing this year. It’s a rare treat when three of boxing’s top ten pound for pound best fighters appear on the same telecast.”

While thanking the promoters who put the fight card together, Rigondeaux said “this is a great platform to take my career to the next level” while Francisco said he wants “to make a statement and steal the show.”

When he first learned of the fight Francisco said that despite concerns that Rigondeaux was too good for him he believed that “if you think you can handle him you will but if you think you cannot, you will not.”

Francisco said it would be a battle of courage, of heart and physical condition” and indicated he was in good shape.
Francisco was scheduled to leave for the US on Sunday.

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:17 am 
Light Heavyweight

donaire waited too much to land his hay maker and lost badly. if drian will do thesame, he will be ko'd. if you'll stop punching, then rigo will attack but he will run if you keep punching. better being ko'd in an exchange than being a punching bag and still kiss the canvass. drian must have the mentality of pacman, keep punching and attack. :lol: :spray: :bounce1: :trouble: :beeh: :carnival: :thunder:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 am 
Cruiserweight

i cannot see Drian winning one round. very predictable fight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:54 am 
Cruiserweight

PadreDamaso wrote:
i cannot see Drian winning one round. very predictable fight

Obviously a marketing strategy by Rigo's handlers. They need a patsy to feed to Rigo, so Rigo can appear exciting and hopefully help revive his career.

Why else would a low-ranked Drian get to fight an elite fighter? If this was the main event, nobody would buy the fight. But because they're just piggybacking on the Cotto-Canelo show, they could shove this mismatch down our throats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Atleast exposure gets in the way :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Wait, isn't that Rigondeaux is now a WBA (In Recess) champion? And his vacated WBA (Super) title is now contested by Quigg and Frampton?

A WBA (In Recess) champion can only regain a regular and super title by fighting the incumbent champion... And since Quigg-Frampton is a unification, it is a priority fight...

In short, Rigondeaux should fight the winner of Quigg-Frampton in order to regain his super title or fight the WBA ranked #1 in order to win the regular title, both only possible after the Quigg-Frampton fight...

10 round non-title fight lang pre
stay busy fight ni rigo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 am 
Welterweight

wooks425 wrote:
Drian should kick Rigoboring *** !

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 15 Nov 2015

:shock:

NO!
he will be disqualified Ronnie.

What the hell are u thinking?

:biglaugh:

>>>> WTF!!!

nuff SAID.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 am 
Flyweight

Drian Francisco has a chance to beat Rigondeaux, if the latter comes in overconfident. He has had at least one fight where he was not that impressive. We need this version of Rigondeaux to show up come fight night. Just think of Max Schemling vs Joe Louis I, or Jim Braddock vs Max Baer, or Joey Giardello vs **** Tiger. With Drian being naturally heavy-handed, an upset is possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:10 am 
Cruiserweight

NANGYARI NA TO KAY PACMAN VS. LEDWABA...pacman was inform late na if he wants the fight...Basta matamaan yan si Rigo ni Drian, may kalalagyan yan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:27 am 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:

10 round non-title fight lang pre
stay busy fight ni rigo

Ahh... Misleading article pala... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 am 
Bantamweight

We'll let's see then... Mabigat-bigat din ang kamao ni Drian.