Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 pm 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
+ I'm a little bit upset. Ortiz was ranked #10 @ 140lbs, then fought and beat Berto(#3 @ 147lbs) and suddenly ranked #3 @ 147lbs.

@danrafaelespn
Dan Rafael

Image Link: http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/sta ... 1513989120

Let's get this straight: The notion of a Victor Ortiz-Floyd Mayweather fight this fall is ONLY a Rumor. NOT real, at least not now.
2 hours ago via web
well, if we will question Ortiz being #2 WW, we might as well question Mosley being #3 based on his last 2 fights. For Ortiz, at least he won convincingly against Berto who was also a top rated WW. Don't get me wrong here mga bros. I'm just trying to present here an unbiased argument.

+We should NOT include the Mosley-Mora bout, because it was held at 154lbs. In addition, Mora was "overweight" during the weigh-in.
About Ortiz, he should not be rank #2 at all.
Also for Berto, he should not be ranked #3 before.
thanks for the Mora clarification, haven't noticed that it was super-WW bout until now.

Btw bro, who do you Rings #2 ranked WW?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:01 am 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
well, if we will question Ortiz being #2 WW, we might as well question Mosley being #3 based on his last 2 fights. For Ortiz, at least he won convincingly against Berto who was also a top rated WW. Don't get me wrong here mga bros. I'm just trying to present here an unbiased argument.

+We should NOT include the Mosley-Mora bout, because it was held at 154lbs. In addition, Mora was "overweight" during the weigh-in.
About Ortiz, he should not be rank #2 at all.
Also for Berto, he should not be ranked #3 before.
thanks for the Mora clarification, haven't noticed that it was super-WW bout until now.

+You're most welcome bro.
Para sakin, ang dapat the #2 rank ng RING is Mosley.

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:16 am 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

If Mosley will be promoted to #2, it surely be a subject of criticism among the boxing communities. The basic question that will be ask here is how come Mosley will be moving up without winning a fight?

For Ortiz, it is easy to justify why he is the #2 he beat Berto the #2 ranked WW.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:29 am 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

If Mosley will be promoted to #2, it surely be a subject of criticism among the boxing communities. The basic question that will be ask here is how come Mosley will be moving up without winning a fight?

For Ortiz, it is easy to justify why he is the #2 he beat Berto the #2 ranked WW.

+Here's my take bro,
Mosley was the "LINEAL" 147lbs champion after he beat Margarito(147), then he was beaten by Mayweather(147) who was then a former "LINEAL" 147lbs champion.
At the same time, Mosley was ranked #1 RING @ 147lbs after he beat Margarito, then moved back to #2 ranked after he was beaten by Mayweather(147) who was then the former RING 147lbs champion.
Then Mosley was beaten by S.Mora at 154lbs who was in fact weighed-in at "157lbs".
So dapat bro, si Mosley should still be at #2 rank at 147lbs. Ang masaklap ginawa pa ng RING Mag na #4 rank si Mosley.

About the Berto and Ortiz:
1st) Berto should have not been rank at #3 at 147lbs in the very beginning. Hindi naman talaga siya deserving.
2nd) Ortiz from #10 rank at 140lbs before his fight vs Berto.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 am 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:

+Here's my take bro,
Mosley was the "LINEAL" 147lbs champion after he beat Margarito(147), then he was beaten by Mayweather(147) who was then a former "LINEAL" 147lbs champion.
At the same time, Mosley was ranked #1 RING @ 147lbs after he beat Margarito, then moved back to #2 ranked after he was beaten by Mayweather(147) who was then the former RING 147lbs champion.
Then Mosley was beaten by S.Mora at 154lbs who was in fact weighed-in at "157lbs".
So dapat bro, si Mosley should still be at #2 rank at 147lbs. Ang masaklap ginawa pa ng RING Mag na #4 rank si Mosley.

1st) Berto should have not been rank at #3 at 147lbs in the very beginning. Hindi naman talaga siya deserving.
Let's set aside the lineal here coz it has little or at most no connection on the Ring ratings. First, let us understand how Ring do the ratings. The divisional ratings is done in weekly basis based on the collaboration of all its members and editorial board. It keeps on changing so as to reflect the weekly happenings as much as possible.

Now, have we seen any activity from Mosley this past few weeks or months? NO. and how about his last fights, did he win? NO. This is why the lineal thing you mentioned have no effect in the rankings coz it is not important in this particular situation.

For Ortiz, He is not ranked at WW but his opponent Berto was highly ranked. Remember in any rankings, a win has a significant positive effects in any one ratings while a lost will have the same effect but downward. Berto is undefeated and a beltholder that's why he is rated #3 at that time.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:00 am 
Heavyweight

To bro Cinderella_Man,
Correction ko lang ang sinulat ko sa taas, Iyong Mosley-Mora 154lbs fight result was a "Draw" pala.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:05 am 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

+Here's my take bro,

Let's set aside the lineal here coz it has little or at most no connection on the Ring ratings. First, let us understand how Ring do the ratings. The divisional ratings is done in weekly basis based on the collaboration of all its members and editorial board. It keeps on changing so as to reflect the weekly happenings as much as possible.

Now, have we seen any activity from Mosley this past few weeks or months? NO. and how about his last fights, did he win? NO. This is why the lineal thing you mentioned have no effect in the rankings coz it is not important in this particular situation.

For Ortiz, He is not ranked at WW but his opponent Berto was highly ranked. Remember in any rankings, a win has a significant positive effects in any one ratings while a lost will have the same effect but downward. Berto is undefeated and a beltholder that's why he is rated #3 at that time.

+About Berto, he should have NOT been rank at #3 @ 147lbs. For me, I will ranked him at #5 IF Not #6.
Mosley only lost once(1) "mayweather fight" @ 147lbs. So dapat from #1 rank to #2 rank dapat.
Kasi iyong kila Mora is at 154lbs.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 am 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
+Here's my take bro,

+About Berto, he should have NOT been rank at #3 @ 147lbs. For me, I will ranked him at #5 IF Not #6.
Mosley only lost once(1) "mayweather fight" @ 147lbs. So dapat from #1 rank to #2 rank dapat.
Kasi iyong kila Mora is at 154lbs.
well that's you opinion, i can do nothing about that.

But let me ask you something bro, when Pac is nowhere ranked at 147 after defeating Delahoya and Hatton at 140. How do you ranked him after he beat Cotto?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:32 am 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:

well that's you opinion, i can do nothing about that.

But let me ask you something bro, when Pac is nowhere ranked at 147 after defeating Delahoya and Hatton at 140. How do you ranked him after he beat Cotto?

To bro Cinderella_Man, pardon me for the super late reply more than 9 years...

My honest opinion bro. After MP beating DLH @ 147 lbs (December 2008) and RH @ 140 lbs (May 2009). Cotto (WBO champ) beat Clottey (IBF champ) @ 147 lbs last (June 2009). Then MP beat Cotto (then WBO champ) @ 145 lbs last (November 2009), I ranked MP at #3. While Mosley (WBA super champ) at #1 and Berto (WBC champ) at #2.