Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao vs Marquez is Likely Next For Manny, Says Arum

Posted by: Rey Colon on 4/15/2011 .
Link: http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-vs- ... rum--38132

Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez is emerging as the next opponent for WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao - as long as the Filipino defeats Shane Mosley on May 7 in a bout scheduled at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"I think this fight of Pacquiao and Mosley will set a pay per view record. It's a tough fight for Pacquiao and if he wins the best candidate for his next fight is Juan Manuel Marquez. They had two close fights and I think it would be best choice," Arum said.

In 2004, Marquez and Pacquiao went to a draw despite Marquez being knocked down three times in the first round, and in 2008 Marquez lost a close split decision in their rematch.

"Right now this is the best fight available for Pacquiao and finishes the trilogy," he said.

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 pm 
Middleweight

I agree. Thanks for the info sir. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:22 pm 
Heavyweight

JaiL Honored Man wrote:
I agree. Thanks for the info sir. :)

+Your most welcome bro.
I think this MP-JMM trilogy will be on Oct/Nov 2011. especially IF jmm won't extend his contract w/ GBP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm 
Welterweight

And kill manny by forcing him to go to 135? Arum is becoming senile! WTF? They are no longer on the same level. Marquez has not business going to 140 and above. Manny had one fight at 135 and that's Marquez' turf. If this fight pushes through, something's gotta give... And what's frightening is, because of Manny's fighting heart, he will never back down.

- Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:57 pm 
Heavyweight

REeko wrote:
And kill manny by forcing him to go to 135? Arum is becoming senile! WTF? They are no longer on the same level. Marquez has not business going to 140 and above. Manny had one fight at 135 and that's Marquez' turf. If this fight pushes through, something's gotta give... And what's frightening is, because of Manny's fighting heart, he will never back down.

+Did Arum said that MP going back to 135lbs? This fight will be on 140bs or 147lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 am 
Welterweight

die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

+Did Arum said that MP going back to 135lbs? This fight will be on 140bs or 147lbs.

That's what I'm saying brother. Marquez **** himself going to 147. Unproven at 140. Your thoughts?

- Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:02 am 
Welterweight

die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

By the way, where in the article did Arum say it's at 140 or 147? Sorry, may have missed it. :lol:

- Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:04 am 
Heavyweight

REeko wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

That's what I'm saying brother. Marquez **** himself going to 147. Unproven at 140. Your thoughts?

+JMM fought floyd jr at 144lbs though the latter cheated 2lbs(146lbs) during the weigh-in.
So I think that MP-JMM III will be between 140-147lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:06 am 
Heavyweight

REeko wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

By the way, where in the article did Arum say it's at 140 or 147? Sorry, may have missed it. :lol:

+Arum, Roach, Ariza and MP said that his best weight will be at 140-147lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am 
Light Heavyweight

no more marquez pls. pls go ahead with mayweather im tired of watching same fights all over again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp9CEvvpUw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

Yes, I agree, bro. I think the fight will be at 140lbs or 147lbs. I don't think Manny can be as relax and healthy as he is now if the fight goes down at 135lbs. Reeko is right, marquez can kill manny at 135lbs, not because marquez is superior than Manny but because of the drain in weight. Manny's needed muscles at 140lbs or 147lbs won't be there anymore when he goes down to 135lbs.

If it's either 140lbs or 147lbs, the strength and conditioning he had when he fought Cotto, Clottey and Margarito will be much intact by then. This is going to be a good fight and we'll see if Marquez can still use his counterpuching skills by then. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am 
Welterweight

die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:

+Arum, Roach, Ariza and MP said that his best weight will be at 140-147lbs.

And I agree. At Manny's best, his punch can destroy a Middleweight (referring to Margarito's weight on fight night) as demonstrated by his bout with Margarito. What is Marquez' chances going to Manny's best weight? When Manny was a junior lightweight, he was killing himself making the weight, that's why in my opinion, his punches weren't that devastating. But we all saw JMM fall 4 times with that version of Manny.

- Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

namme wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
REeko wrote:

Yes, I agree, bro. I think the fight will be at 140lbs or 147lbs. I don't think Manny can be as relax and healthy as he is now if the fight goes down at 135lbs. Reeko is right, marquez can kill manny at 135lbs, not because marquez is superior than Manny but because of the drain in weight. Manny's needed muscles at 140lbs or 147lbs won't be there anymore when he goes down to 135lbs.

If it's either 140lbs or 147lbs, the strength and conditioning he had when he fought Cotto, Clottey and Margarito will be much intact by then. This is going to be a good fight and we'll see if Marquez can still use his counterpuching skills by then. :)

+Very correct bro.
As what N.Beristain said that JMM is willing to move-up IF it will be against MP. No excuses at 140-147lbs.
This will be a very good fight for both, Exciting and action-packed fight for sure once again. and ofcourse another Good PPV buys too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 am 
Heavyweight

automobile wrote:
no more marquez pls. pls go ahead with mayweather im tired of watching same fights all over again

+Floyd jr is what the boxing historian Bert Sugar said is MayNEVER!. he's scared of losing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:58 am 
Cruiserweight

automobile wrote:

What is this? Your weblink is misleading. We are discussing Pacquiao vs Marquez yet your Website is about tree planting sponsored by Gov. Lray Villafuerte of Camarines Sur. How come?
This fight will not happen the moment Marquez signs the multi-fight contract being offered by Dela Hoya.

* * * F I S O P means Floyd Is Scared Of Pacquiao! BY: PB#0528

TANDAAN MO KAPATID, kahit mahilig ka sa DINUGUAN ..., "Ang paggawa ng MABUTI ay HINDI magbubunga ng MASAMA!!!"