Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Well, Pacman is not satisfied so I am not satisfied too :). My only satisfaction is that he won.

Anyway, someone really has to stop Pacman from overtraining. The guy can't stop. He needs the same conditioning he had against Cotto.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Satisfied but not entertained because of Mosley's running all the time.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 pm 
Strawweight

Bernard Hopkins once described Black American Boxers as slicks, meaning that they love to dance around and clinch. But most people expect a lot of action from a Pacquiao fight, but unfortunately, he didn't deliver. He seems to be tepid and at times hesitant. Just see the volume of punches of Pacquiao against Clottey and Mosley, the PunchStat revealed that Pacquiao was having a sparringg session with Mosley. I'm very disappointed. :(

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:42 pm 
Heavyweight

A young lion chasing an old lion--where is the satisfaction?

Why should there be satisfaction in the predictability of this
sham of a fight?

hindi ekok

rex david wrote:
well,i am.eventhough there was no knockout and shame made it a track and field event,im still satisfied what i saw last saturday.for me,it was beautiful to see how pac made his opponent run like crazy.it was a sight to behold a little guy chasing his bigger opponent.nobody did that to shame mosley.not the towering vernon forrest,not the methodical winky wright,not the the bull strong delahoya,not the cowardly gay mayweather but its the little man from the philippines that made him run like forrest gump.i was expecting knockout and blood like when pac fights latinos especially mexican but im still satisfied.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

rex david wrote:
well,i am.eventhough there was no knockout and shame made it a track and field event,im still satisfied what i saw last saturday.for me,it was beautiful to see how pac made his opponent run like crazy.it was a sight to behold a little guy chasing his bigger opponent.nobody did that to shame mosley.not the towering vernon forrest,not the methodical winky wright,not the the bull strong delahoya,not the cowardly gay mayweather but its the little man from the philippines that made him run like forrest gump.i was expecting knockout and blood like when pac fights latinos especially mexican but im still satisfied.

It is true that there are plenty of people that are disappointed because I guess they are expecting for a knock out. The betting public are for KO because the odds for straight win is 8 to 1 whereas the KO is about 2 is to 1. So therefore they bet for KO and guess what, majority of Pacfans lost their money and I think that includes Chavit Singson.
I just finish watching the replay. Comparing from his previous fights, I think it is better than against Clottey and De La Hoya. Pacman is the champion but yet he is the one that is offensive for the whole 12 rounds. I love his offense on the 11th and 12th rounds. The first time I've seen him fought like a tiger as if he is after of the prey when he is trying to get a KO. But Mosley is no dummy. He is a veteran fighter who knows all the defense technique to avoid a KD or KO.
I can see the disappointed face expression of Pacman. I think he himself is very disappointed because he knows, his rich friends, businessmen and politicians are betting for a KO but he failed to deliver it.
I am one of the loser because I bet for a KO but I do not blame Pacquiao's performance in this fight. He fought and tried his best but it will take two to tango. Pacman was dancing great but Mosley's dance was poor. If we are the judges in the Dancing With The Stars, they are the first one that will be eliminated. However, we know Pacman was a great dancer.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 pm 
Heavyweight

rfn109 wrote:
Bernard Hopkins once described Black American Boxers as slicks, meaning that they love to dance around and clinch. But most people expect a lot of action from a Pacquiao fight, but unfortunately, he didn't deliver. He seems to be tepid and at times hesitant. Just see the volume of punches of Pacquiao against Clottey and Mosley, the PunchStat revealed that Pacquiao was having a sparringg session with Mosley. I'm very disappointed. :(

Sh-it happens ... Mosley had such a good record as a fighter, nobody in the world expected him to run, not a single soul. Mosley was the challenger, he should have been the hungrier lion.

Even the other greats did not have perfectly satisfying fights some nights.

For those who have been boxing fans for a long time, I'm sure this is not new, and it's no issue, since we still stuck with boxing inspite of big fights that did not deliver as expected. Same with UFC, St Pierre vs Shields was a chess game as well, 50000++ people silenced; but I still like St Pierre and MMA, although not as much as boxing.

It's going to be tough fighting Floyd, this most anticipated fight will be a chess game again ... In this fight (or any Pacman fight for that matter), lower one's expectations, basically just there supporting Pacman. If it turns out great, it's a bonus ! :).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 pm 
Heavyweight

TRUE PINOY wrote:
rex david wrote:

It is true that there are plenty of people that are disappointed because I guess they are expecting for a knock out. The betting public are for KO because the odds for straight win is 8 to 1 whereas the KO is about 2 is to 1. So therefore they bet for KO and guess what, majority of Pacfans lost their money and I think that includes Chavit Singson.
I just finish watching the replay. Comparing from his previous fights, I think it is better than against Clottey and De La Hoya. Pacman is the champion but yet he is the one that is offensive for the whole 12 rounds. I love his offense on the 11th and 12th rounds. The first time I've seen him fought like a tiger as if he is after of the prey when he is trying to get a KO. But Mosley is no dummy. He is a veteran fighter who knows all the defense technique to avoid a KD or KO.
I can see the disappointed face expression of Pacman. I think he himself is very disappointed because he knows, his rich friends, businessmen and politicians are betting for a KO but he failed to deliver it.
I am one of the loser because I bet for a KO but I do not blame Pacquiao's performance in this fight. He fought and tried his best but it will take two to tango. Pacman was dancing great but Mosley's dance was poor. If we are the judges in the Dancing With The Stars, they are the first one that will be eliminated. However, we know Pacman was a great dancer.

I think Manny did really good on that fight. Even without a KO i am satisfied with the way he fought and won it. It was a shutout!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 am 
Heavyweight

goliath running away from david...what a shame..!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:58 am 
Heavyweight

Yes i am satisfied!!!